Police Uniforms / Gear!

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

GlamorousGloves
Regular poster

Police Uniforms / Gear!

Post by GlamorousGloves »

So I've always been into police officers! I am a sucker for their authority and uniforms. :luv:

I am on ebay right now and found that UK police forces sell their old gear. This excited me! I'm currently browsing through Police gear and found some things I want. I think I'm going to take the plunge and make a purchase!

Still deciding on which hivis police jackets to buy! I'm not sure whether to go cheap and heavily worn, or expensive and barely worn... On one hand the heavily worn jackets are sexy because they've been worn a lot on patrols. On the other hand the barely worn jackets are cleaner, have no breaks and are less faded. I wanted them to come with blue police badges on the backs, but they're illegal in the UK to own. :'( I dream of one day being with a police officer, but if that doesn't work out the least I can do is settle for 90% of the uniform! Oh I also spotted some rubber gloves that looked interesting!

Whatever I buy I'll post about on this thread when they're delivered! I'm so nervous about purchasing encase my family find out. Things could end up incredibly embarrassing, but I guess I am going to take the risk.

EDIT 1: I blew £50 on a hivis police jacket and some gloves. I couldn't get a blue "police" badge for my jacket, so I'm getting a blue "recovery" badge instead. Turns out the recovery police badges are legal... I'll post pics when/if they arrive. Very excited for the jacket!!!

EDIT 2: My police jacket order was cancelled and is being refunded... I'm rather disappointed to be honest. Now I just have the gloves coming. They're the kind of gloves police wear during CBRN incidents. CBRN stands for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear. I can't imagine UK police having much interaction with any of those things so I expect that these second hand gloves were used for training purposes.

EDIT 3: My gloves arrived in the mail today! No identifiable info on the packaging, which was great. The seller included 2 pairs of glove because I didn't get the jacket I wanted to order. These gloves are quite strange. They're made so that there is no such thing as a right or left hand glove. I only usually wear the right hand glove, but this means I have all 4 gloves to wear on my right hand! There is obvious signs of use on the glove. I can see a bit of dust on them from where they were stored and the insides are coated with talcum powder from when they were last worn professionally. Just the thought that British police officers wore these gloves during training is really getting me going. :tongue:

Return to “Talk Forum”