What watch does the glove fetishist wear?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Glovegerman
Regular poster

What watch does the glove fetishist wear?

Post by Glovegerman »

I am a watch collector and would like to know which wristwatches you wear. Purely out of curiosity.

I'm currently wearing a Tudor Sport bicolor. Mostly in alternation with Seiko promaster and Marcello Nettuno 3.
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Re: What watch does the glove fetishist wear?

Post by Luckyhubby »

I am a watch collector as well. My day to day is a Rolex stainless submariner but I do occasionally wear others such as a Tag formula, Citizen pro master diver, Citizen world chronograph a-t. I am not a big jewelry guy but I like watches and just pick up what I like. That and being a daily leather glove wearer, the smart watches like the Apple don’t work well with leather gloves unless you have the touch styles. Look forward to seeing other member’s time pieces.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I have an Omega and a couple of watches by DKNY hidden away somewhere, but the most practical one I've ever had is your average Sekonda watch with both time and date (which I wear pretty much every day). I'd be too scared wearing something mad expensive out and about in case I knocked it against something (or someone tried to grab it off me, as does seem to happen in London). Never had a problem with the Sekonda, it fits perfectly on my wrist, and it looks more expensive than it was.

I'm not a collector or anything, but I do like to take watches apart to have a look inside, as well as perform repairs or add/remove links. It was also an excuse to wear gloves back at university while repairing other people's as they would usually be more curious about the inside of the watch than the gloves I was wearing -- a good stepping stone to wearing them comfortably with company!
well-what-to-do-now
Occasional poster

Post by well-what-to-do-now »

Currently (and for the last 8 years or so) rocking a swiss Wenger with light blue details on the outermost rotating ring, light blue around the minute-markings and black backing. Total noob when it comes to watches as you probably can tell, but its built like a tank and my next watch if this ever breaks :D will probably we swiss of some sort as well.

Return to “Talk Forum”