Does anyone thing their fetish may have been triggered by a mild OCD?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Does anyone thing their fetish may have been triggered by a mild OCD?

Post by countrylatexglover »

I have been wondering recently if my fetish really comes from having OCD. I know i have it because certain things would bother be before covid even though I could let most of it go, and my family has it also. However i was wearing gloves into stores before covid. It was either wanting to try it or my hands were actually cold (Rynauds). But since covid the gloves have come on and stayed on. not 27/4 but for most everything these days i have them on.

do you think your love of gloves or fetish items comes from ocd at all or maybe something different but our minds have turned them into something pleasurable for us?
dopefish

Re: Does anyone thing their fetish may have been triggered by a mild OCD?

Post by dopefish »

I'm pretty sure it does not for me.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I remember addressing this once a couple of years ago on this forum. The lines have basically blurred for me; I don't know which helped develop the other, but I've had both for over 20 years. The OCD has developed considerably over the years. As a child, it would be all about "do this or someone dies". Now it's a lot milder and usually revolves around hygiene and fear of touching stuff I perceive to be unsanitary. I also have an annoying compulsion to tense my left arm repeatedly when I'm excited about something that I'm looking at.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i have an OCD and gloves fetish and both live in peace inside my mind :p
APC
WWGFA donor

Post by APC »

I'm not sure if I have OCD. If I do it's not in the transitional sense. I do have a problem with obsessive thinking and deep thought. It's been especially difficult for me lately with everything going on. My mind hassles me to get to the bottom of everything going on in the world. I find myself paralyzed in thought quite often, and its starting to have an effect on my ability to concentrate. I'll need to speak to someone about this soon. I've always been like this to some degree though. I used to get in trouble at school all the time for daydreaming, but it would depend on the type of teacher. If it was one of those "Just read the text book!" types I would perform terribly and not pay attention, but if I had a teacher who stood up in front and explained things verbally and used examples I would perform very well.

I believe I might be a HSP (Hyper Sensitive Person), after reading a few articles about it I seem to tick all the boxes for that though it appears to be a personally trait rather than a disorder. I feel very in tune and sensitive to other peoples emotions. I seem to pay more attention to the way people speak to me rather than the words that actually come out, and more in-tune with facial expressions and tone of voice. I was talking to Mum the other day and she asked me if I thought I was autistic, not in a rude sense lol but she was genuinely asking me. Who knows maybe I am and maybe that's part of the reason I developed this fetish.
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

I've had OCD and "deep thought syndrome" since I was a kid. My dad had OCD, as well as nearly every member of his immediate family. My sister has OCD big time. My mom doesn't have OCD and tried to cure me of it. She figured my sister was a hopeless case, so she didn't even bother with her. I used to neglect washing my hands and was always getting sick. Once I started washing my hands more frequently, I rarely got sick. Now I wash my hands like a surgeon whenever I feel I've touched something dirty or contaminated. I hate wearing surgical masks and try to avoid wearing them whenever possible and I have yet to get COVID. I did get vaccinated starting last December. My second shot was in January. Apparently, I don't fear needles.
riven2357
Occasional poster

Post by riven2357 »

definitely not for me, i'm actually kind of terrible about washing my hands and not touching things. I've always just liked how they look and feel. having ocd would actually help justify things though

Return to “Talk Forum”