Any other countries going backwards with covid restrictions?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Any other countries going backwards with covid restrictions?

Post by countrylatexglover »

The US is going backwards with covid restrictions. I can’t believe we can’t get this figured out! How are other countries holding out against this things? Our news media only shows how bad it is everywhere nothing good besides the olympics.

We do notice an uptick in wearing masks and some gloves again. Stay safe everyone!

And seriously how are other countries doing for real? Is wearing masks and or gloves still happening? Are people taking seriously?

NO VAX VS ANTI VAX ARGUMENTS PLEASE! I get that the vaccine plays a major role but that is a difficult topic to discuss please stick to the simpler sides of this please. But I do want to know everyone thoughts.
dopefish

Re: Any other countries going backwards with covid restrictions?

Post by dopefish »

You can probably find the information you are requesting here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... meAdvegas1?

You do understand that getting the vaccine if available is taking it seriously right? Most of the hospitalizations in the US are un-vaccinated people. And the attitude that it is personal choice is why "we can't get this figured out".
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

We just had a huge spike in the Netherlands because we eased up on restrictions too fast. We're doing better again now.
countrylatexglover
VIP

dopefish wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:50 pm You can probably find the information you are requesting here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... meAdvegas1?

You do understand that getting the vaccine if available is taking it seriously right? Most of the hospitalizations in the US are un-vaccinated people. And the attitude that it is personal choice is why "we can't get this figured out".
Yup I do. I also know many people are agains it still or afraid of it. I don’t need to know why just that they are. The argument with that can get very serious and it’s not a topic I get into. That’s why I stated that. I am wondering about everything else we are doing to keep safe, like Russia has had their people wearing gloves till it got less and I though that was a great idea sorry that’s how i feel.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:02 pm We just had a huge spike in the Netherlands because we eased up on restrictions too fast. We're doing better again now.
What were your ppe restrictions? Just masks and wash your hands. As I said to dopefish I believe Moscow had the right idea with gloves but based on my posts that shouldn’t be a surprise.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

countrylatexglover wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:49 pm...based on my posts that shouldn’t be a surprise.
Haha, yeah, no, not at all. :p

We didn't have any requirements beyond masks. It's still recommended in most places, but not mandatory anymore in shops. Virtually no one wore/wears gloves for Covid reasons. Thankfully, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't have liked that at all (unless it'd been just attractive women wearing household gloves, but I don't live in heaven, so that would've been unlikely :rolleyes:).

But our mistake was allowing festivals to happen again, while the means to make sure everyone attending was healthy and/or vaccinated weren't up to speed yet.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

yep
restrictions are getting harder here,and they talk about 1-2months lockdown during our holidays (mainly sept).
ppl dont give a damn here anymore about this,think its just some random flu that u get rid off - now its coming back to bite ya in the ass
serves you right!
APC
WWGFA donor

Post by APC »

Well Australia has lost the plot, 1 million people have lost their jobs yet major big business are making mint. This place is turning into a police state, although where I live I have still been quite lucky and I'm still working thankfully. But over the last 10 years I have been very concerned about certain patterns of behavior being exhibited in western society in general. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny the pandemic is an issue and is deadly to some degree, but so are many other things in life. My perspective on life has always been to accept the fact that people are dying in large numbers every single day they always have been and always will be, just as people are coming into this world in large numbers too. I lost my father at a very young age and it made me realize and accept that death is inevitable and can come at anytime, so I'm not as afraid from what I've been seeing from the media as many other people seem to be and I make my own opinions on everything I see in my life from as many difference perspectives as I can. I have never followed the crowd mentality, but have spent much of my time watching people behave in their collective ways.

Australia so far...
-Melbourne has had around 250 days of lockdown since the start, police are starting to act like gestapo
-NSW has been in partial lockdown for Months.
-These restrictions and the many consequences of them are causing a Mental Health Crisis (very little mental heath support provided from the government).
-Our leaders deny there is an increase in suicides but from my own sources and research I believe this to be an utter lie
- Evidence points to a 25% percent increase in anti-psychotic medication prescriptions since the start of pandemtic
- Some of the gov's original financial support packages wouldn't barely cover rental costs in Melbourne alone, let alone feeding the family.

I am not yet Vaccinated as I am waiting for the Novavax and I hope they don't force me to get the other ones before it becomes available. I'm not anti-vax and I would argue at many of the people concerned about this vaccine rollout aren't anti-vax either. Many of these people are like me who tend to be outwardly focused and see things over a larger timeframe and from different angles of perspective. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm correct to assume that this is all related to many of the other social movements affecting the west including: Climate Change, Gender Wars, Racial Wars and so on. Something stinks, and it's been stinking for a long time. A am far more concerned about the actions of global western leadership at present; the potential loss of our civil liberties, the destruction of individualism,the increase in nation wide surveillance and what appears to be a strong push to have as many people dependent on social welfare as possible. Take care of yourself and your neighbors and stay strong. I feel things are going to get much worse before they get better.

Return to “Talk Forum”