Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Post by countrylatexglover »

So a somewhat recent post had inspired me to wear gloves at work. I already even warned my boss in the office that he will see me wear cheap knit winter gloves when it gets cold out that has happened full fledge and he was fine with it I think other people in the building do it too.

Going a little further though I have been wearing nitrile also. It was mainly for washing dishes at first even though people could see that it was justified. Now I am even wearing them at the desk when I know no one will brother me for a bit, however if i do hear anyone coming even if just put them on I will take them off quietly. This was inspired to me by an Instagram post from someone who Wore fetish latex in the office. I told them to come join here lol. So it helps keep my hands a little softer in the winter time and feels just really nice!
Latexlover93
Occasional poster

Post by Latexlover93 »

My friends and family now I live them so they not botherd about it
Latexlover93
Occasional poster

Post by Latexlover93 »

Probably my family but I am not really botherd I just wear them i wear all of my latex stuff in public
countrylatexglover
VIP

Latexlover93 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:46 am Probably my family but I am not really botherd I just wear them i wear all of my latex stuff in public
I’m glad you have found it so easy to wear fetishized latex in front of your Friends and family. I wish I could do that but that will be the hardest part for me would be acceptance of people who are closest to me. And mine isn’t even fetish latex it just medical gloves and I still can’t do it. Sometime I will wear knit gloves in front of others when there is a chill in the air and people still have something to say.

Though I did go to a meeting last night and had my gloves on and off for the meeting no one could really see so they couldn’t say anything but It was still something. Some one else in the room even joined me she didn’t take her gloves off much either it was quite chilly In the room.
countrylatexglover
VIP

I will most likely not be posting much in this section anymore as it will not be something i do as often anymore. To the man in charge rommeltje thank you very much for consolidating everything into one as to not take up as much room on the forum.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So I just wanted to add to this thread. I still wear nitrile gloves out in public not as much as I use to as I am meeting more people o know in areas I was jot before. However I have been wearing them for hours at a time in the office when I know no one will come by me and definitely still when I drive.

Might not work the way I think put I am very tempted to wear my gloves on my honey moon when the wife to be is okay with it as we won’t know anyone there.

What’s people’s thoughts?
countrylatexglover
VIP

Also I have see a video where the person talking says how they have a huge gloves fetish and could wear them 24/7 if they could. I completely understand as if I could I would also do the same!
Glovegeek
Occasional poster

Post by Glovegeek »

I’ve been giving this topic a lot of thought lately. We are of two types here: those who are just purely into gloves and those who get off on the taboo angle. How to integrate the fetish into one’s life would differ for each group, such that the taboo aficionados mostly have to build up confidence to present as they like, (provided the setting is appropriate and the public isn’t being subjected to anyone’s scene). But those who just enjoy wearing and seeing glove have a competing interest: we don’t care much for the attention of others, and would simply prefer it if everyone wore gloves on a daily basis.

For those who wish to normalize gloves, I think the key to “getting away with” wearing gloves is to make the practice so completely justifiable that most people would think it odd *not* to wear gloves. In other words, when we get the question, “why are you wearing gloves,” we should be able to counter with an effective “why aren’t you?”

Now, it’s important to understand that the only way to make the argument convincing is if the gloves we wear are situationally appropriate. Leather gloves, for example, are most appropriate for motorcycles, cold weather, or dressy/dapper attire. If you want them to go mainstream, you have to lead by example and show people how to accessorize with gloves. Disposables would probably never gain traction as accessories, but a strong case can be made for wearing them at drugstores( avoiding the germs of sick people) or supermarkets (avoiding food borne germs). If it’s too sunny and warm outside to justify leather, then try sun protection gloves, which even come in a variety of lengths. And I’m not talking about the cheap, frilly ones that come from Wish, but rather good quality products from well-known sporting goods brands like Outdoor Research and Coolibar. Wear those when you go hiking, fishing, bike-riding, etc. — because sun protection is important!

Which brings me to the special case of driving, where classic leather driving gloves and sun protection gloves are both acceptable. You can pontificate about the risks of sun damage from exposure through driver’s-side windows, and you can pontificate about how gloves are a barrier to distraction while driving, because they interfere with phone use. They also serve as both visual and tactile reminders to keep your hands on the steering wheel instead of eating, using your phone, or fiddling with radio controls.

So, wear what you love, but keep it situationally appropriate.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Glovegeek wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:09 am I’ve been giving this topic a lot of thought lately. We are of two types here: those who are just purely into gloves and those who get off on the taboo angle. How to integrate the fetish into one’s life would differ for each group, such that the taboo aficionados mostly have to build up confidence to present as they like, (provided the setting is appropriate and the public isn’t being subjected to anyone’s scene). But those who just enjoy wearing and seeing glove have a competing interest: we don’t care much for the attention of others, and would simply prefer it if everyone wore gloves on a daily basis.

For those who wish to normalize gloves, I think the key to “getting away with” wearing gloves is to make the practice so completely justifiable that most people would think it odd *not* to wear gloves. In other words, when we get the question, “why are you wearing gloves,” we should be able to counter with an effective “why aren’t you?”

Now, it’s important to understand that the only way to make the argument convincing is if the gloves we wear are situationally appropriate. Leather gloves, for example, are most appropriate for motorcycles, cold weather, or dressy/dapper attire. If you want them to go mainstream, you have to lead by example and show people how to accessorize with gloves. Disposables would probably never gain traction as accessories, but a strong case can be made for wearing them at drugstores( avoiding the germs of sick people) or supermarkets (avoiding food borne germs). If it’s too sunny and warm outside to justify leather, then try sun protection gloves, which even come in a variety of lengths. And I’m not talking about the cheap, frilly ones that come from Wish, but rather good quality products from well-known sporting goods brands like Outdoor Research and Coolibar. Wear those when you go hiking, fishing, bike-riding, etc. — because sun protection is important!

Which brings me to the special case of driving, where classic leather driving gloves and sun protection gloves are both acceptable. You can pontificate about the risks of sun damage from exposure through driver’s-side windows, and you can pontificate about how gloves are a barrier to distraction while driving, because they interfere with phone use. They also serve as both visual and tactile reminders to keep your hands on the steering wheel instead of eating, using your phone, or fiddling with radio controls.

So, wear what you love, but keep it situationally appropriate.
I love this comment. Your so correct on the wearing the appropriate kind of gloves for the situation is very true. And your right wearing disposable gloves is not really appropriate anywhere unless avoiding germs or dirt of some kind. I have never been a fan of leather gloves unless brand new as I have never liked how gloves form to my hand over tune and when stretched out I see where my knuckles have been. I do like gloves that stretch with your hand, latex, nitrile, satin, cotton, isotoners, knit, ect.

The situation definitely needs to call for it and I agree with when asked we should start replying “why aren’t you wearing them”? Driving gloves are very nice for most but they often don’t cover the whole hand. I believe whole heartedly a gloved should cover the hand period nothing different. Also as mentioned above I have some knit gloves called guitar gloves that match my skin tone. Then have a yellow cuff to separate them from the skin tone which does show your wearing gloves that’s the only part I don’t like. I have longed for making a pair of gloves plain from old jeans just basic denim gloves for fun. Even lined jeans for the winter so you have something practical. Still working on getting that made.

I have started to realize even though it will be along time to bring gloves back into style due to how long it goin to get them out of style and most people today just want easy and not classy and gloves just add something else to deal with. Now I wear nitrile gloves out in public, weird yes of course but I really like how they feel. Now for the winter months my knit or winter gloves cover over them to hide them. If they become reviled I just tell people they help keep snow and water off my hands. If I’m just wearing nitrile gloves I truly do tell primmer I just like wearing them, and if they say is it for germs I do still say yes sometimes as that is also true but I digress about this.

If we do wear the appropriate type of gloves for the situation we could bring it back to life a little bit bet someday. If those of us who do wearing out could be brave about it it could probably happen. Does that mean we all wil? No but those of us who do now will start something and see where it goes.

On a good note as well in the US Black star burger has made is to this country so the gloved eating has begun and might slowly start a trend we will see.

Again thank you for your comment I loved it and I hope for more talk in this thread!!
Glovegeek
Occasional poster

Post by Glovegeek »

On the topic of UV gloves, these are on sale in the US: https://www.steepandcheap.com/outdoor-r ... sun-sleeve?

And Coolibar has a wide variety of lengths and colors: https://www.coolibar.com/accessories/gl ... eeves.html

Return to “Glove talk forum”