Gloves in public - reactions

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Phee Jameson
Glovely Diva

Gloves in public - reactions

Post by Phee Jameson »

Well that was a fun afternoon! 8)

I spent an hour or so wondering around the city park in a few different pairs of rubber gloves to try and capture some reactions. Unfortunately I didn't manage to capture any on camera, it was always when the camera was back in the bag that I got the best reactions. >:(( >:((

When I took them to the beach people seemed a little indifferent, but it was definitely a different story in the city gardens. I guess there's no feasible reason that somebody might be wearing rubber gloves in the park so it's a little different.

Reactions ranged from;

- Lots of Double takes
- One guy stopping and staring for a little while
- "Oh... are you gardening?"
- "I bet they get a little sweaty after a while." (Damn right, they did. It was an unlined pair of gloves in almost 30 Celcius heat so they weren't the most comfortable :rolleyes: )
- People hurrying their pace as they walked past. (Don't worry, I'm not that crazy. You don't need to run away...)

All in all, that was a lot of fun. 0:)
Support me on patreon for exclusive glove content; https://www.patreon.com/pheejameson

Find me on instagram; https://www.instagram.com/misspheejameson/
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Gloves in public - reactions

Post by GlovedYankee »

Sounds fabulous Phee, more daring then me ;) The freeness and ability to do that must have felt awesome. It's nice to finally be open here at home around my husband just happened the other day. Baby steps.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

Ah yes,gloves should be made in public,much more offen ;)

in my younger youth i had a gf whos younger then me..long story short,i managed to convince her to wear long leather black gloves for a dinner,in a hot evening in mid summer

2days later we repeated that for breakfast or so in the morning (same gloves,diffrent outfit)

was fun while it lasted :)
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Ceramic, sounds terrific indeed. I wish we coukd wear gloves more, would suit me just fine. It’s interesting though, I have arthritis in my hands and one of the things I need to do is keep my hands warm and use hand cream. Perfect excuse to wear my gloves outdoors. So I use my hand cream, put on white cotton gloves to protect the hands while lotion does it’s thing. Then I pull on other gloves to keep my hands warm. Voila! Was wonderful to wear gloves today in public! Ok so they were either leather or cloth, still gloves!
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

As a 37 year old man who wears women’s leather gloves and often leather pants etc. I enjoy being in public. I can’t recall a time when I have felt uncomfortable. Embarrassment is just power you give other people. Don’t rely on what other think or may think, just be you and if they have a problem %#@$ them.

Case in point, last weekend my wife and I went to on our favorite wine bars for a night cap. We sat out on the patio despite it being quite chilly so as we could have a cigaretee or two. As we enjoyed our evening, a pair of twenty something girls came out and sat near us. We both looked at them and they us, nothing was said even though I was wearing pretty much a matching outfit to my wife. Black leather pants and blazer along with tight leather gloves. She had heels I had boots. They did keep looking at us and eventually commented on our leather, they sat down for a little bit and we all talked while they each bummed a cigarette from the wife. These were quite attractive girls that would have made many men blush, but I am a confident man and enjoyed the night. Be you and don’t worry about others

Return to “Experiences”