Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Trying my nitrile gloves at work.

Post by countrylatexglover »

This post is different from my talk forum post. I am getting to wear my nitrile gloves at work to wash my dishes. I use them to wash my coffee stuff out at the end of the day. People definitely walk by and see it but it is justified from what I’m doing. Even had to talk to a cleaner for a second also who was also wearing gloves and interacted for a minute. I had to ask her a question. Not that what was happing was really out of the ordinary it was just nice to be able to do it. To make sure It wasn’t a scene when I was done I took them off to show i just use them for dishes and it’s a good thing I did as more people were around now. And truly the reason I am doing the dishes with them on is for saving my hands and not wearing lotion. My hands get dried out quick and I just think it make sense there should be nothing wrong about that.
JaneyE
WWGFA Orderly

Re: Gloves in the office.

Post by JaneyE »

Sandra666 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:47 am Here, in Poland, to see something like this

is very rare, but possible
Wow! This one made me wet right away. I will watch the whole hour and just fantasise about why she chose to wear gloves "for no good reason" while giving a speech on cyber security.
countrylatexglover
VIP

JaneyE wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:44 pm
Sandra666 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:47 am Here, in Poland, to see something like this

Wow! This one made me wet right away. I will watch the whole hour and just fantasise about why she chose to wear gloves "for no good reason" while giving a speech on cyber security.
So I’m just going to guess since she is up on stage with a screened presentation she doesn’t want her self up there to take away from the presentation so she is wearing as much black as she can to hide herself. I have seen that done before not really with gloves but I like that better lol. They look like nitrile gloves at first but I think they are just black work gloves of some kind just to hide her hands for the screen sake.

Wish more presenters would do that lol!
JaneyE
WWGFA Orderly

Post by JaneyE »

countrylatexglover wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:36 pm

So I’m just going to guess since she is up on stage with a screened presentation she doesn’t want her self up there to take away from the presentation so she is wearing as much black as she can to hide herself. I have seen that done before not really with gloves but I like that better lol. They look like nitrile gloves at first but I think they are just black work gloves of some kind just to hide her hands for the screen sake.

I hope that your theory is just wishful thinking. (I don't want the reason for her wearing gloves to be something so banal.) BTW, I worked in academic research for 10 years. I must have attended 1000 (thousand, not exaggerating) speeches. Never did anyone wear gloves in order to "hide themselves"!
countrylatexglover
VIP

JaneyE wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:36 pm

I hope that your theory is just wishful thinking. (I don't want the reason for her wearing gloves to be something so banal.) BTW, I worked in academic research for 10 years. I must have attended 1000 (thousand, not exaggerating) speeches. Never did anyone wear gloves in order to "hide themselves"!
So meant no disrespect to her or the gloves either. I just meant that she would want to have everyone paying attention to the screen instead of her. Obviously we would all be distracted by something else on the stage ;). I have not worked in or done anything like this I have just seen scenarios where presenters of any kind even for entertainment would wear all black even cat suits to not take away from the light show or the presentation. Obviously no cat suits on the presentation side but when ever I watch the wwdc for Apple inc a lot of them wear black or at least use to to not take away from the screened presentation.

II am glad she has them on and I would like to see more people doing this that way. Just my opinion I don’t think it to be lack luster and who knows she might be using it as an excuse to get away with a glove fetish she has and said it would be the perfect time to get away with wearing gloves for so long! If it was justified I would try to do it if I had the opportunity.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I don’t have an office to go to but I have been wearing my leather gloves when I go to my doctor’s office or medical centers for appointments, tests etc. I have enjoyed wearing them right along and don’t feel out of place at all. There has been a little bit of people looking at my hands, but not as much as there might have been. I have been doing this now for the last few months and its just part of me and how I dress, funny how my therapist finally picked up on it for the first time this week.

So I see above that it was brought up about WWDC and Apple, do I gather another Apple fan besides me is here, Country? lol.
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:12 pm I don’t have an office to go to but I have been wearing my leather gloves when I go to my doctor’s office or medical centers for appointments, tests etc. I have enjoyed wearing them right along and don’t feel out of place at all. There has been a little bit of people looking at my hands, but not as much as there might have been. I have been doing this now for the last few months and its just part of me and how I dress, funny how my therapist finally picked up on it for the first time this week.

So I see above that it was brought up about WWDC and Apple, do I gather another Apple fan besides me is here, Country? lol.
Ahh haha yes i have been spotted lol. Yes a fan of apple I am for sure. Not a fan of their prices but of their reliable technology for sure! Can’t stand their prices and the way they forced certain updates and what not just some bad business practice but the iPhone watch and iPad are great love them. Was torn between surface pro and iPad and I’m going to find an iPad. Macs however are too over priced for me. I stick with Microsoft and windows for my PCs at home and get them at work. I can work on macs but not too often.

I find having an open computer is more fun anyway but having reliable phone and watch and tablet are worth the closed software to me.

And on the gloves subject so I’m trying to wait and see if anyone else wears gloves in the office when it gets colder as I don’t want to start a trend just yet even though it might come to that. I have a friend who works with me and I don’t want that friend to call me out on it. Although my knit gloves for this time of year are justified as my nitrile ones when I’m at the desk are not so much lol. I only wear them when I know I can and sometimes I can be for a while.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Had a sit down launch with gloves on.

tronn206 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:26 pm Nice. well done. :D
Thank you I find it easier to wear them in places in won’t run into anyone I know then around where I would
Know people.

Just not ready for people who know me to see me doing this yet if I was I would just wear them every day and not take them off unless they rip.

Probably weird of me but oh well it’s not hurting anyone or anything so. I have also seen a few more people out in public wearing them to my surprise so I do like that it just shows maybe it will catch on some day and make it easier for me to do the same. Till then I just deal with the looks from people I won’t see again and that’s that.

I have actually found a few people around the world who also wear them out in public just cause they can and don’t care about what people think of it and they enjoy it very much.

Also for the record love the fact that there is a country where a restaurant gives your nitrile gloves to eat your food with it’s a burger place been a subject of talk here before!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Got to talk about gloves again at the drive thru

So I figured instead of writing another post lost about this i would just make a little comment. Went thought the drive thru and this time the person was very friendly. It was darker out and I told them just so you know I’m wearing gloves right now. Now it’s cold out so they are thinking oh okay well it is cold out. Then they saw what kind of gloves I had on and then said can I ask why your wearing the gloves and i said it is a germ thing and t hat I really like the way they feel. They were very understanding and actually interest this time had asked me a few questions about it and we talked for a bit bout them. I also asked what would happen if I ever forgot them and wasn’t wearing them, I was told we could give you a pair no problem and was asked if I wanted to see what they were I just assumed they were clear and was right. Seems like more people are becoming understanding some times and then other time I get some dirty looks and concern. Who knows maybe it could become a thing but we will see.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Had a sit down Lunch with gloves on.

Post by Ceramic »

if i had the courage,and if my wife was supporting,i'd wear her long gloves to everywhere....

oh well :)

Return to “Glove talk forum”