Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Post by countrylatexglover »

So as I was driving around I had on my xs white nitrile gloves. I have been wearing them a lot more recently every chance I get. I also finding my self wearing them more in public places mostly where I know I wouldnt know anyone.

I went through the drive thru at the cafe. I went up to the border menu and got a simple coffee. I was given the total and went to the window. Obviously still wearing my nitrile gloves I got up to the window, I talked with the teller very nice person. They saw my gloves as soon as I pulled up. I was given my total and got my money out and gave it to them. I actually had a good but small conversation about the gloves. First I said sorry about the gloves hope you don’t mind. They said it wasn’t a problem, then I said have you ever had someone pull up wearing them yet (I was the first one they had ever seen). Then I said yeah I figured that. Then I was amazed I was asked what they were for if I don’t mind saying, I said sure then I told the person I just enjoy wearing them and that I’m not a germaphobe or anything and that they just feel really good to me. They said oh well that’s good I’m glad you like them. I couldn’t believe they talked to me about and were friendly about it too.

Been wanting to wear them like this more and more just not really ready for people who know me to see them on me yet. I really just like the feeling of them on my hands it is amazing.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So i wore some of my small nitrile gloves the other day.

So when We were cooking chicken wings the other day I was wearing my small nitrile gloves for handling the raw meat. I waited till we were almost done and left them on for the whole thing kept washing them and what not. When we got done I got one more pair on pretending to think we had a few more and we were done so did the clean up after kept them on when we’re done done I left them on as long as I could just around the house. My parents wanted to say something but the didn’t. As we were about ready to walk out the door my mom said are going to wear those out in a worried voice and I said I forgot i had them on. ;) course I didn’t forget lol. Took the off and tossed them got in the car and put on a different pit I usually keep a pair in both cars. And wore them to drive.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Does anyone else wear gloves to get fuel in their car?

I keep a box of gloves in my truck for various reasons just Incase. Mostly use them to pump gas cause I don’t want to touch the handles anymore. Have seen people sneeze on their hands and pump the gas and I’m not dealing with that lol. Some people look and some people don’t bat an eye. Anyone else do this at all? Also do it for the diesel pump as well makes a huge difference!
shed740
Regular poster

Re: Does anyone else wear gloves to get fuel in their car?

Post by shed740 »

No but I probably should as the amount of times my hand smells of diesel afterwards. Most times the garage never has any of the polythene ones in the holder anyway.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Yes, we (my wife and I) because often the Diesel nozzle handles are downright dirty. There's a pair of Marigold ME104's sitting in a door compartment for that. They might seem overkill, but they've already come in very handy when having to put on snow chains (where you have to reach behind the tires) or exchange a flat tire. Nobody cares.
darrenwellington
Occasional poster

Re: So i wore some of my small nitrile gloves the other day.

Post by darrenwellington »

That’s fantastic. I have done very similar with marigold gloves preparing food and then deliberately keeping them on and if questioned simply say that it’s easier to keep them in than keep taking them off
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

countrylatexglover
VIP

pinkrubbergloves wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:10 am
Thought about getting some but I don’t want to have to wash them after each use thought about that after I saw this video. Would love to see them in action though! Feel like exam gloves are a little easier for me as I can throw. Them away, and those gloves are too nice to pump diesel for me :0 I wouldn’t want to ruin them :). I have see the video before and I like it!

Does anyone actually have these and do you like them now I’m interested??
countrylatexglover
VIP

Been seeing waves of gloves on cashiers.

Sometimes it comes and goes in different places but some are constant. I have seen one or two stores today with a constant flow of their cashiers and employees wearing gloves. It’s nice to see they want to protect them selves. Then I’ve seen stores do it and then they just stop for some reason. Even got to see one cashier bring their own gloves good to see people do that and taking a protective effort. Makes me feel somewhat better when I get to interact with someone else who is wearing gloves also.

Sometime I wish when people saw me wearing them out when I do that I would start a a little trend here and there and maybe get big some day too. (Probably not though lol)
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Re: Been seeing waves of gloves on cashiers.

Post by italiglover »

Well, money is dirty. Here's a Great Example Why (sigh) I would imagine for some, they could be allergic as well.

Return to “Glove talk forum”