Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Got to talk about gloves again at the drive thru

Post by countrylatexglover »

Had my nitrile gloves on again at the fast food drive thru and I told them sorry about the gloves hope you don’t mine. To my surprise the person said I wish I could be wearing them right now especially with all the germs out there today.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: To those who actually wear gloves publicly Or in front of close friends or family

Post by GlovedYankee »

I am very open about wearing my leather gloves in my normal day to day activities. My husband is happy to see that i enjoy wearing them and encourages me to do so. He also wears appear of driving gloves in the car, first it was because he knew i liked seeing him wearing them, then he decided he liked wearing them while driving. We both have worn our gloves in front of several family and friends. I wear them often when i am with a close friend and it doesn’t bother her.
tigga76

Re: To those who actually wear gloves publicly Or in front of close friends or family

Post by tigga76 »

I have answered you at another thread with a similar theme:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30477&p=98264#p98249
countrylatexglover
VIP

tigga76 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 am I have answered you at another thread with a similar theme:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30477&p=98264#p98249
My apologies I forgot I had that other topic up.
Ber75
Regular poster

Re: Gloves in the office.

Post by Ber75 »

I wear my gloves to the office. If I have to go off site I wear my gloves. If I have a meeting with my staff I wear them .
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Gloves in the office.

Ber75 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:46 pm I wear my gloves to the office. If I have to go off site I wear my gloves. If I have a meeting with my staff I wear them .
What kind of gloves are they? How hard was it to first start wearing your gloves publicly?
countrylatexglover
VIP

So to anyone who looks at this and says I already answered this question my apologies for repeating my self I found the other question when I asked this just in a different way I can delete if needed.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So at the gas pump.

So when ever I get gas I wear my nitrile gloves and it is actually is a germ thing for that. After seeing the commercial for pump gloves I actually believe that could happen with the sneezing. So anyway i was getting gas and the person at the next pump was using a paper towel to get gas. I thought to my self doesn’t the paper towel absorb germs and dirt and just get through to you hands eventually. Then I looked at the pumps and down the line they all had paper towels. I just don’t trust that after the last person to sneeze on it wiped it off or it has been whipped in a while so that’s just me.

My next thought was why not just install some disposable gloves you put that much money into installing the machines and everything just spend the extra to install gloves and dispensers. The gloves won’t absorb germs and would be cleaner, you would have to turn the dispenser either if the towel was stuck inside.

I guess I thought this because of my glove fetish I’m sure but still I do know some places are doing this now with gloves. Cheap poly ones but it’s something. I always keep a box of gloves in my truck for gas or diesel and various other tasks you never know when you could use them. Sometimes I wish people would see it and ask oh do you have anymore of them I could use for getting gas but no such questions only little looks sadly.

I guess I just don’t get why gloves are such taboo unless it’s cold out or the task is dirty. I mean it’s not a bad thing to keep your self covered from germs if you want to. Just thought it was funny that they put paper towels out and won’t do gloves instead can’t wait to see the day that changes.
katertjekat
VIP

Re: So at the gas pump.

Post by katertjekat »

In most European countries, a dispenser with plastic gloves is standard at gas stations.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: So at the gas pump.

katertjekat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:21 pm In most European countries, a dispenser with plastic gloves is standard at gas stations.
As there’re should be now a days. We only have that in very few spots in america down south. Hope you get to use them if you like to every time you pump it’s such a good idea. I don’t know why it’s not more standard every where. Glad to hear that Europe has taken a good measure in health like that. And not to mention making gloves more open to use to the public and less taboo. But i do recall in Europe gloves are more abundant in the country anyway!!

Return to “Glove talk forum”