Trip to minor injuries

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

shed740
Regular poster

Trip to minor injuries

Post by shed740 »

To set the scene, last week whilst playing indoor cricket I managed to slide on the sports hall floor and give myself a hefty friction burn on my leg, ‘OUCH!’ didn’t quite cut it. :x

Anyway, after a couple days this clearly wasn’t healing so I popped into the minor injuries unit at my local hospital and they dressed it, providing the usual gloved nurse experience, however the curve ball was when being sorted out with spare dressings. The nurse asked me what size my hands are. Now any self confessed glove fetishist knows full well how big their hands are, however, as it caught me off guard I replied to her ‘Urm, medium?’. Anyway into the bag went several medium pairs of blue nitrile gloves, but also some sterile wound cleaning kits, which contained a pair of sterile white nitrile/vinyl gloves.

The sterile gloves are smooth inside and out, however, I will say now these have only been used for the actual purpose of redressing my leg, allied to the fact I’m on holiday with family, so it’s never been a private setting when wearing them. Thankfully I seem to have a kink switch in my head and can tune out from the fact I’ve just put a pair of gloves at times.

Happy reading :up:
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Trip to minor injuries

Post by GlovedYankee »

Hope your leg is doing better now?
shed740
Regular poster

Re: Trip to minor injuries

Post by shed740 »

It’s on the mend, nothing too serious in the grand scheme of things.

Return to “Experiences”