Gloved New Year's

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

ltd7201
Regular poster

Gloved New Year's

Post by ltd7201 »

There was a similar question posted in the Glove Talk Forum and thought I would post it here as well. With folks embracing the roaring 20's look, did anyone bring new year gloved or have a SO gloved?

My wife and I went to a speakeasy in a city nearby where we live for New Year's and enjoyed a nice dinner and drinks. We dressed up 20's style and opera length satin gloves were part of her ensemble. When we got back home, we 'rang in' the New Year with her gloved as well.

Anybody else have such a New Year's?
Mr Coffee
Occasional poster

Re: Gloved New Year's

Post by Mr Coffee »

The wife and I had considered doing something related to bring in the 20s but we ended up being invited out with friends. But seeing as we've got the rest of the decade to get through, we figure at least one new years we will do something special with it as a hark back to the roaring 20s ;)
ltd7201
Regular poster

Post by ltd7201 »

Yes, I think it could be a fun decade! I've noticed that dressing up in this manner seems to be bringing back gloves in its own way. My wife and I have gone to various dances and events that are in roaring 20's style in the past few years and it seems about 30-40% of the women are wearing gloves. Hopefully this will spill into more areas of fashion as well.
distantglovingalert
Regular poster

Post by distantglovingalert »

Some of my friends and I spent the NYE in a board game bar. There was a Roaring 20s party right across the street. After the party had ended, some of the partygoers spilled into the bar as well. Ended up chatting with some of them and complimenting their style and gloves, in particular: men in white or gray dress gloves and women in satin or lace gloves. I could tell that some of them got a little too enthusiastic when talking about their gloves. LOL.

Had I known that there had been such a party, my wife and I would have participated. She digs the 20s style and has some vintage gloves to match the style.
Turn it on... Turn it on, turn it on again!

Return to “Experiences”