How it all started...

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

How it all started...

Post by Carrie Karkus »

I can't remember if I ever did a post explaining the origins of my glove fetish or not. Even if I did, though, I have a few things to add that I might not have mentioned before!

I've had a thing for gloves for about as long as I can remember. It started innocently enough with cartoons and animated movies, with my first memory starting when I was about 3 years old... way back in 1999. It was around the same time that the English dub of Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie premiered on Starz. The characters really caught my eye because of how big and detailed their gloves were. Among the Sonic characters, characters like Mickey Mouse and Co., Bugs Bunny, Roger Rabbit, and countless others started my love for gloves in general.

Rubber gloves came a year or two later when I started noticing how many pairs of rubber gloves my mom had in the kitchen--all of them Playtex Handsavers. She didn't even have separate pairs of each task, either; she just had a crapload of rubber gloves... probably because she was so prone to losing them. Not to mention, I was really into Dexter's Laboratory as well, and Dexter's Mom absolutely drove me nuts as a child, so I'd always take my mom's rubber gloves from the kitchen to play with in the living room. I remember always being embarrassed when my mom would find me playing with her gloves, but she never was mad or concerned and probably found it more cute than anything (mind you, I didn't even know how to touch myself--I was way too young).

My love for leather gloves, which are probably my most favorite of all gloves, started when I was in kindergarten. I remember when my class and I went on our first field trip, it was a couple weeks before Halloween and we went to a farm to hang out at the pumpkin patch. One of the chaperones was a big Russian lady who was wearing these beautiful red leather gloves all during the trip. On our way back to school, she was sitting in the seat behind me and was resting her gloved hand on top of my seat... which was a sight for me to behold, as I had never seen red leather gloves prior to that moment. I even remember that 6 years later, when I was in 6th grade, she still had those same gloves, albeit the fingers had patina from much wear over the years.

Another memory that sticks out in my mind is from when I was in 2nd grade. My class was taking a field trip to the library one cold November morning, and our teacher wore these really nice brown leather driving gloves the whole time we were out. I only wish I had gotten to hold her hand as she wore them, but sitting next to her and seeing them was just as exciting. :luv:

Most, if not all of my other memories come from movies and TV shows, and even some video games. Movies like The Matrix, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and (especially) Burlesque were big staples for my leather glove fetish.
HandSaver

Re: How it all started...

Post by HandSaver »

Always loved Playtex HandSavers!!๐Ÿ˜
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

HandSaver wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 am Always loved Playtex HandSavers!!๐Ÿ˜
Same! They're my all-time favorite rubber glove. And for more reasons than one! ;)
Braveheart1984
Regular poster

Post by Braveheart1984 »

Nice to see a post from you again Carrie. I used to chat with you on Skype a few years ago.
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

Braveheart1984 wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm Nice to see a post from you again Carrie. I used to chat with you on Skype a few years ago.
Eyy, I remember you! :D
HandSaver

Post by HandSaver »

Carrie, do you have any orange HandSaver gloves? These are extremely rare!!
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

HandSaver wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:20 pm Carrie, do you have any orange HandSaver gloves? These are extremely rare!!
I wish I did! I've never even seen orange Handsavers before, let alone knew they existed. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled now! ;)
HandSaver

Post by HandSaver »

Orange HandSaver gloves are just about non existent anymore. So sad!!

Return to โ€œExperiencesโ€