Getting bolder in my older glove loving days

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

joglover
Regular poster

Getting bolder in my older glove loving days

Post by joglover »

With the pandemic upon us , we are all in out glory of those wearing gloves in public. While shopping in our local home building supply store I notice a tall slender lady that was working there, wearing well fitting latex gloves. These were longer than you usual Latex exam gloves. Well I was bold enough to ask this lady about her gloves. I just said , those are interesting gloves you are wearing. They are longer than the normal ones that I see everyday day. Well she immediately perked up as said, oh yes , I just love these gloves. They fit so nicely. She sort of modeled them for me. Then she said that the store did sell them in a box of 100. I responded ,Oh really. Then she said I’ll show you where they are located if you’re interested in them. Well I just couldn’t pass it up. So I followed this lovely gloved lady to the isle where the gloves where located. She picked up a box and handed them to me. The box print stated small. No other sizes. The gloves are Elite Protective Latex glove. Length 12 inches. Store Menards
I thanked this lady for her time and her modeling her gloves. She replied, “enjoy them”, and also gave me a very nice smile. Oh that made my day.

Then later that day, I noticed my neighbor out applying stain on some interior home wood trim. She was wearing pale yellow household gloves. They fit nicely on her hands. I stopped to chat since we always been great friends and neighbors. Our conversation started off about the project she was working on . Then I commented on her gloves. I just asked where did she gets them. Reply was the Dollar Store. I said they looked sort of retro ,like the gloves my mother use to wear. She said , that she always wears gloves. The thin latex gloves always ripped. The household gloves were much more comfortable and durable. She also stated she and pink ones too.
They definitely looked great on her.
:p :p

Return to “Experiences”