Asked restaurant staff to wear gloves.

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Asked restaurant staff to wear gloves.

Post by countrylatexglover »

katertjekat wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:29 pm OK, I must disclose I have a medical background first.
Gloves for waitresses/waiters are entirely pointless, and even more harmful than wearing no gloves at all. Why? Because they give a false sense of hygiene. Somebody wearing gloves, and touching her/his own face with it wrongfully think they are clean because "hey, I'm wearing protective gloves, right?". Quod non!
The ONLY correct thing is washing hands regularly, or changing gloves with each new interaction (which they don't).
I understand I will also tell you I’m on the frontlines as a first responder. I have been trained on how to properly use them and if ever I request they wear gloves they show the same care and hygiene that is expected. To each their own because I get a false sense of security and hygiene when I don’t wear them. I fee a lot better seeing someone wearing them. No disrespect to what you do and thank you for being on the frontlines. I just find when people are wearing then its a nice way to show an extra step.

This is how I feel, I’m sorry because I know many are against gloves for non medical use. I just pray that those who aren’t wearing gloves are staying clean. Like I said I have seen people not wash their hands or sanitize when they should have and I cringe at it and I’m thankful that I’m wearing gloves so I can remove the germs when ever they didn’t wash off their hands and I have to touch the same handle as them.

I do not wish to offended anyone about how I feel with this and I merely was adding to a glove forum about gloves...

If it’s any consolation for those who think just washing your hands and sanitizer is enough, very few people in my area wear gloves at all and do just that.

Return to “Experiences”