Asked restaurant staff to wear gloves.

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Asked restaurant staff to wear gloves.

Post by countrylatexglover »

went on a little get away with the family and was able to request that our waiter or waitress wear gloves because of Covid. Only one place told me no and i wont go back there. And only one place couldn't do it due to not having enough of them for the wait staff. i would only ask as it helps me feel better but if they said no i wasn't going to make a big deal of it either. Mostly every other place was fine with it and very accommodating.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Asked restaurant staff to wear gloves.

Post by Ceramic »

great idea :D
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

I wouldn't eat in a restaurant if you are worried about covid. Can't have a mask on while you are eating and air filtration is usually not the best.
countrylatexglover
VIP

It’s just an extra precaution I try to ask for. Many restaurants around us do outdoor dining and we pick that if we can when we go out. A lot of places near us won’t make it due to the fact that they had to spend money on redoing their air system inside to meet new standards. Many other precautions are taking place as well. If I wearing a mask and gloves I feel a lot better about it.

Many people in my community are behaving they do not want this virus. As my area has opened up many precautions take place.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:21 pmgreat idea :D
I though so :). I do feel better when I see them wearing them to take the extra step.
Nand0
Regular poster

Post by Nand0 »

It is kind of a bad a idea for restaurant workers...

The use of gloves is to prevent contact with body fluids, like blood which can carry the germ into your skin... and there are different grades... some gloves are even a little bit permeable, and germs can travel through them if not used correctly (proper hand hygiene, changing gloves, etc).
Since they are not in contact with these kind of fluids, and most like not properly trained to use them... it is actually more like a risk.
Way before the pandemic they already used, and at least in my country, you would see them handling the food with the same gloves as the money.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Didn't I come across news about California actually banning gloves in restaurants late last year?
countrylatexglover
VIP

SexySurgical wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:35 pm Didn't I come across news about California actually banning gloves in restaurants late last year?
I have not heard about that one no hut I did hear a while ago that California was going to also it a rule that bartenders had to wear gloves. I don’t think. Ever became a thing. I have read that some countries are starting to mandate them in public along with masks and you can be fined for not wearing gloves in a public space. I disagree with the fine if they don’t wear them as most people now think you shouldn’t wear gloves because it makes covid worse they aren’t going to wear them. Gloves don’t make covid worse unless worn wrong and that is the big issue but it’s been twisted to make it sounds the other way just my opinion.

I do think they need to stop telling people not to wear them and just combine good hand washing and glove wearing. They tried to teach everyone proper mask wearing and this still doesn’t happen especially where i am. I have so been looking for hard facts and data that say gloves are bad to wear. Plenty of videos showing how to spread germs with gloves but not how spreading germs with bare hands is also bad. I have seen people still not washing their hands properly mostly because they don’t care anymore and are tired of it.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Nand0 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm It is kind of a bad a idea for restaurant workers...

The use of gloves is to prevent contact with body fluids, like blood which can carry the germ into your skin... and there are different grades... some gloves are even a little bit permeable, and germs can travel through them if not used correctly (proper hand hygiene, changing gloves, etc).
Since they are not in contact with these kind of fluids, and most like not properly trained to use them... it is actually more like a risk.
Way before the pandemic they already used, and at least in my country, you would see them handling the food with the same gloves as the money.
I understand what your saying thought my reasons for asking if they can wearing gloves is also to make them think that I really want things clean. They change their gloves each time I can see it, wife watches for it also. If they don’t I ask them to. For me to ask when I go somewhere like that is a small token to do not a big deal. Most everyone now thinks gloves are bad and won’t wear them anymore. They also just don’t want the hassle which is fine I wouldn’t say everyone should wear them I just agree with when people do or places ask you to.

Actually went on a trip close to home to get away and I was stopped at the door and they asked me to either sanitize my gloves or put gloves on they provided I did both for them and they were very happy with that. Other people aground town were also wearing them I was surprised but it was nice to see people care.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

OK, I must disclose I have a medical background first.
Gloves for waitresses/waiters are entirely pointless, and even more harmful than wearing no gloves at all. Why? Because they give a false sense of hygiene. Somebody wearing gloves, and touching her/his own face with it wrongfully think they are clean because "hey, I'm wearing protective gloves, right?". Quod non!
The ONLY correct thing is washing hands regularly, or changing gloves with each new interaction (which they don't).

Return to “Experiences”