My Experience So Far

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

LatexRocker
Occasional poster

My Experience So Far

Post by LatexRocker »

This isn't a complete story of my latex and rubber glove fetish. I've drafted a much longer version elsewhere with more focus on latex and rubber clothing.

Early Experiences
As with most people, my latex and rubber fetish started at a very young age. I don't know exactly why or how, but I do have very early memories about it. I was always fascinated by gloves and seeing them on TV and in movies.

In 5th or 6th grade I got a magic book that included a small black latex square for tricks. I remember messing around with that a bit by stretching it and admiring the feeling. Clearly I knew that I loved latex and rubber, even if I didn't understand why.

Going into junior high, I first stumbled across latex and rubber glove videos on YouTube. I would watch them for hours on my old iPod Touch (1st gen). So, I started to steal latex gloves from my parents. We had a box of exam gloves in our RV, and whenever I had to get something from the RV or help pack it for summer trips, I'd take a few and keep them in my room. I'd put them on when nobody was around, liking how they felt and how it was like a second skin. At this point, it wasn't anything sexual, I should add. I just really liked the second skin sensation.

Around this same time I also discovered latex and rubber clothing online, but I'll try to keep this mostly focused on gloves.

Teenage Years

In high school I continued to watch latex glove content on YouTube occasionally. By this time I had an understanding of what a fetish was and that I wasn't alone. While I felt like a freak, I started to connect with others on Instagram over our shared interests. I also started to post photos of my latex gloved hands on Instagram around this time, although I have since removed all photos posted prior to the age of 18, even if everything was SFW.

College Years

Once I turned 18 in high school, I started to post more photos and engage with the glove fetish community online. Going into college, I had more freedom to get my hands on gloves. I still stole from my parents and from the college itself, as I had access to a student employee breakroom with tons of nitrile gloves. I also started to post YouTube gloving videos for the first time.

As I got busy with school, my fetish took a backseat and I abandoned my socials for months at a time.

Recent Experiences

Recently, as a working adult, I've been amassing my glove collection and purchasing latex and rubber clothing. I have more than 2,600 followers across all of my latex fetish social accounts, and I connect with people just like me every day. While I no longer feel like a freak, I do have concerns about dating and my life moving forward since my fetish is very much a part of me, although secret.

I still remember my first time buying gloves on my own. As I wrote on my blog:

"In December 2019, I found myself busy buying last-minute Christmas gifts for friends and family. One day after work, I went to Walgreens to buy a few small things for my dad and my younger brother. After I finished collecting a few funny gift ideas, I circled around to the back of the store.

This particular Walgreens was filled with medical supplies on the back wall. As I walked by, I noticed the boxes of vinyl and nitrile gloves. It had been a while since I had access to any gloves, and I found myself unable to resist the urge to buy them.

I had never purchased gloves before. As I’ve mentioned previously, before this point I had always stolen a few pairs here and there. While the excitement that I could finally purchase gloves myself hit me, so did the fear. What if someone saw me buy them? Would they know that I was a glove fetishist? What about the cashier? Would they question why I was buying gloves?

I knelt down on the floor and quickly looked through the small selection of gloves. I decided on a box of 50 Small white vinyl gloves.

After checking out without incident, I realized that nobody actually cared what you bought at a store. In fact, I was talking to the cashier, and I don’t think she even really looked at what I was buying as she was scanning them. My fear of purchasing gloves at a store vanished. It was foolish to think that anyone would question what you were buying.

Once in the car, I removed the box of gloves from the bag and hid them in my work laptop bag. That way I could take them up to my room without anyone seeing them through the bag.

After getting home and eating dinner, I opened the box and slipped my hands into the tight vinyl gloves. Unlike other vinyl gloves, these gloves were not very transparent. They almost looked like thin white latex. And they fit perfectly! I finally had acquired gloves that fit my hands and weren’t too large for me."

I hope you enjoyed reading a little more about me and my history with latex and rubber gloves. While it all started with glove, my fetish has grown to include all types of latex and rubber clothing, including catsuits. I know this is pretty long, but it's probably only 1/7 of the size of what I've written up for my own diary, I guess.
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Re: My Experience So Far

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

Isn't it ironic how self-consciousness and embarrassed you felt when buying vinyl and nitrile gloves at the Walgreens back in 2019, and only three months later, everyone was encouraged to go out and buy these same types of gloves as a result of the pandemic? Although it is trending much less now, it is still viewed as pretty normal for people to load up on latex, nitrile and even dishwashing gloves as it is considered protective gear.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

EyesLikeLenses wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:56 am Isn't it ironic how self-consciousness and embarrassed you felt when buying vinyl and nitrile gloves at the Walgreens back in 2019, and only three months later, everyone was encouraged to go out and buy these same types of gloves as a result of the pandemic? Although it is trending much less now, it is still viewed as pretty normal for people to load up on latex, nitrile and even dishwashing gloves as it is considered protective gear.
Honestly I wish lol. Around here people don’t even wear gloves when it’s cold out now because our media and just people in general don’t want to wear gloves saddest things I have ever seen. Though on a rare occasion someone will join me and I see a couple still wearing them but definitely not as much.
I was always self conscious amount getting gloves my self or though I had to hide it, still kinda do. Just means you don’t want to do something wrong it’s a good thing. But at the same time you want them and probably need them so you buy them.

A few years ago I went to a cvs my self to buy some gloves and got some lube. I say a few years ago more like 7 now lol. I actually asked the pharmacist if they had a pair of gloves I could wear while i was in the store. They did ask why but gave them to me anyway. I walked up to the counter with my gloves on and a box of gloves and some lube. She laughed a bit and just rang me up. I think I even had one who wore gloves with me as well a cashier i mean.
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

I agree with you that gloves have really gone out of style and it's sad, but what can you do? I live in CA, and practically no one here wears regular gloves, even when it's freezing, and it does get cold in CA, especially in Central CA and up North around SF. However, if you went any place wearing latex or nitrile gloves, day or night, no one would say anything to you, nor would they laugh or giggle, assuming you were wearing a mask, which is mandated in LA. They might make assumptions about your politics, or worse case scenario, they would just think you were a hypochondriac afraid of getting Covid, which isn't exactly a negative stigma around here, considering the mandates that are still in place in some cities. I have been noticing some of the mandates getting lifted, which means fewer people wearing masks, and unfortunately, fewer protect gloves as well. No matter how you slice it, the latex and nitrile glove wearing trend is slowly coming to and end.
countrylatexglover
VIP

EyesLikeLenses wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:51 pm I agree with you that gloves have really gone out of style and it's sad, but what can you do? I live in CA, and practically no one here wears regular gloves, even when it's freezing, and it does get cold in CA, especially in Central CA and up North around SF. However, if you went any place wearing latex or nitrile gloves, day or night, no one would say anything to you, nor would they laugh or giggle, assuming you were wearing a mask, which is mandated in LA. They might make assumptions about your politics, or worse case scenario, they would just think you were a hypochondriac afraid of getting Covid, which isn't exactly a negative stigma around here, considering the mandates that are still in place in some cities. I have been noticing some of the mandates getting lifted, which means fewer people wearing masks, and unfortunately, fewer protect gloves as well. No matter how you slice it, the latex and nitrile glove wearing trend is slowly coming to and end.
It already has here. I am literally the only one who wears gloves Freely or willingly around here anymore. People avoid the like the plague and it is sad. I still wear my gloves but do take them off on occasion because I get lots of looks like come on Covid is over let’s get back to normal. Truth is I want gloves to be normal lol. Freely normal where you don’t have to wear them but if you want to them do it without ridicule, like hats. I wear a cowboy hat and nitrile gloves lol I look like a walking contradiction lol. But it makes me happy, know that it would make other people happy if they could wear them but they choose not to out of fear is what bothers me.
riven2357
Occasional poster

Post by riven2357 »

every now and then i go out wearing gloves, but honestly, wearing gloves doesn't do a lot to protect you against covid. it's a wonderful excuse though!
countrylatexglover
VIP

riven2357 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:25 pm every now and then i go out wearing gloves, but honestly, wearing gloves doesn't do a lot to protect you against covid. it's a wonderful excuse though!
Right! Agreed i also tell people that i have enjoyed not getting sick lol. Most people around me say well we need dirty and germs. I agree doesn't mean i can't wear gloves lol.
countrylatexglover
VIP

riven2357 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:25 pm every now and then i go out wearing gloves, but honestly, wearing gloves doesn't do a lot to protect you against covid. it's a wonderful excuse though!
What kind of gloves do you wear out?
riven2357
Occasional poster

Post by riven2357 »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:09 pm
latex surgical gloves
countrylatexglover
VIP

riven2357 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:51 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:09 pm
latex surgical gloves
Nice to know I’m not alone.

Return to “Experiences”