Childhood experiences...

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Childhood experiences...

Post by mrs uni »

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...

Like so many people here I seem to have always had my fetish(es) its not like I decided one day to develop them. I remember some of my formative experiences though, things that seemed to resonate with me and I still remember now.

My first gloves were cream mittens; I didn't like them much as I disliked the wooliness and the fact that the fingers were all in the same section but I did feel something pleasing from my hands being in them which had struck me; they were comforting, warm, somehow reassuring and made me feel safe. The second pair were brown wooly gloves; better for having separate fingers but brown wool which was a bit scratchy and hardly pretty:( But in the 1970's everything was brown and nasty fabrics I guess!

I remember feeling something akin to longing when I saw women in leather gloves as a child, even though back then it was generally old ladies in plain black gloves, occasionally brown but never any other shades. They often seemed to have the habit of wearing one and carrying the other in their gloved hand. I recall this seemed to be the case about as much as seeing a woman wearing a pair of gloves. It was common too to see just the one glove and the other who knows where, it piqued my curiosity no end. Perhaps it was a hang over from that notion that a lady always has gloves that had died out among the younger generation but it seemed that they almost felt obliged to have gloves and only wore one a lot as it was a gesture of being gloved combined with the convenience of one hand being bare.

I vividly recall sitting for about three quarters of an hour in a doctors waiting room opposite a woman tightly clutching her handbag and a leather glove on her knee with a bare and a leather covered hand. It probably kick started my fascination with wearing only one glove and getting anxious at seeing others doing this. Plus I equated leather gloves as something mysterious and exotic seeing as my mum never owned any and neither did most of her friends.

My mum did however have a pair of black fleece lined mittens that I have few recollections if any of her ever wearing. Many was the time that I'd sneak into her bedroom and put on her great big mittens on my little hands. Perhaps it was the illicit thrill of going through her stuff combined with the comfort element of having hands that felt warm and safe that made me do it. I'm not sure if she ever noticed and if she did, whether she regarded it more than play and the child like desire to play at dressing up.

She did indulge me when I was about 6 by getting me a pair of tiny natural coloured rubber gloves to play with my kitchen /cleaning toys after seeing me improvise with crisp packets! Not long after getting them though I became self conscious for the first time (of so many) about the feelings they illicited in me and I distanced myself from them, eventually giving them back to my mum to use (and abuse; tearing them almost the first time she wore them given the size of her hands and her lack of care for them :'( :'( ). I could try to avoid my glove fetish and pretend it wasn't there but that's all I could do, pretend...

to be continued...
marigoldmilfs
VIP

Re: Childhood experiences...

Post by marigoldmilfs »

I think you should try writing fictional / real glove stories mrs uni.
Rubberlicious Milfs (-:, my dream to be hand smothered by amanda donohoe in yellow kitchen "marigold" gloves
glovesnboots
Regular poster

Post by glovesnboots »

Since we are all in the sharing mode... I think my youngest daughter (10 yrs. old) has a glove fetish. For the most of us who are state side, we are all familiar with Costco. We were there a couple weeks ago doing our normal weekly shopping, and my daughter quickly grabbed a pair of what I can only described at athletic/jogging gloves with spider web like webbing on the palm and fingers. The gloves were black and made of a stretchy spandex like nylon material with a warm fleece lining. Didn't think much of it as mornings are starting to get chilly and she has always complained about her hands being cold. However, when I tucked her in the other night, she said she was wearing her gloves to sleep not because she was cold, but she said they felt nice....
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Well if so, she probably doesn't realise what the attraction actually is just yet. Guess it's coincidence if two in the family have this :D
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Later in my chilldhood: Rubber glove voyeurist moments....

.... I carried on fighting the urge to look at gloves, daydream about them and pretty much wish that every glove I saw would be possible for me to try on, if not own. I was fascinated with what they must feel like; the different fabrics captivated me, but even then it was the leather and the rubber ones that had the greatest mystique. As I said before, my mother is no lover of gloves so they seemed even more exotic. While she had plenty of rubbers that she garotted and punctured to death in no time she never owned any leather ones. The idea of one day owning a pair of black leather wrist long gloves became the holy grail to me, a life long aim I dearly aspired to which stabbed at me acutely whenever I saw such a glove adorning the hand of someone else.

Now rubber gloves were a far more commonplace sight in the suburbia in which I grew up, where wives were still housewives, some even going as far as to wear housecoats, tabards and aprons to protect their clothes and you even saw the odd headscarf a la Hilda Ogden (from Coronation Street) to keep the hair tidy while doing housework. Naturally I got to see a lot of rubber gloves, worn in houses, worn outside in the street and in gardens and it was common to see ladies coming to the door wearing them too . Sometimes this brought out a strange surge of confusing delight, such as the time the lady across the road opened her front door, her hand enclosed in a pretty shade of pink rubber, which I found to be the only glove she wore when the door opened fully. She kept that rubber on the hour or more me and mum were there having tea and biscuits as if it were perfectly routine to do so. When I could no longer take looking her unbalanced hands I interrupted the adults conversation to enquire about the whereabouts of the other glove to be told it had been damaged and binned quite some time ago. Another time my next door neighbour was admiring how blonde my hair was to the extent she felt compelled to stroke it with one of her yellow rubber encased hands. I can still feel the drag of my hair against the grips on the fingers and the palm of her glove and it is a sensation that doesn't get any more pleasant with time. The neighbour on the other side never seemed to own a single rubber glove, I knew because while round there playing with her kids I snooped through the cupboards ever watchful for gloves. Much as I liked her for being younger, more fun and nicer than some of the more fuddy duddy neighbours, at least they seemed to wear rubber gloves an awful lot.

As did my mum. The abiding memory of her rubber gloves were the sounds they generated above me while she stood, rubbered up at the sink as I looked on, desperately wishing she would remove the gloves, dress my hands in them and ask me to do the dishes instead. She never did, which made me want to thrust my hands deep in those forbidden gloves so very much more, even to this day she has never allowed me to wash up in her house. I loved the snappy, stetchy noises they made when she pulled them on, though the snap noise, like a balloon being gently pricked could signify the death of a glove, many I time I saw a finger bursting through a finger sheath violently as drew on her glove which distressed me, I hated seeing a precious glove departing like this. Then there is the flobbery wobbly noise a glove would make,slapping against her arm, somehow moving like opaque jelly. By far the most familiar glove noise I remember was the glove wringing noise, where she would take a cleaning cloth in her rubber hands and twist and wring it until there was not even a droplet of liquid left in the cloth. The grinding, snarling sound of the rubber writhing, stretching and being pulled ridiculously taut was a process I could not bear to watch or bear to miss either. If mum was doing any housework involving a rubber glove I would be there, watching avidly. Admiring the glove and worrying about how cruelly she would be abusing it this time, wishing it were mine to treat kindly and gently instead.

Like the clumsily yanked on gloves that her fingers burst through, the excessive wringing lead to so many casualties too, so many times I saw the clenched fist encased in rubber that became more and more see through across the knuckles the more she squeezed and twisted that cloth, eventually giving in, revealing a finger or equally as often, a huge tear across the whole glove which almost caused the now useless piece of latex to fall off her hand in one go. Whereas I always have a spare pair of gloves to hand and replace a glove the moment I suspect there is even the tiniest puncture in the rubber, my mother is a very different proposition. Many a time an entire finger would penetrate the rubber, sometimes leaving sheath dangling and flopping around like one you would see on a bridal glove during a wedding before the newly ringed and wedded finger is re-ensconced back inside the comfort of the glove. When I became too anxious at seeing nine rubber encased digits and a bare finger and simply had to point it out that she required a new rubber glove I seldom recall ever getting a response that I found satisfactory, she didn't cry out 'of course!' and immediately don a smart new pair or even dig out a single replacement glove that had lost its partner. More often she would remark that at least one hand would remain dry and well cared for, and what remained of the other glove might offer some protection. I was left to observe the finger retreating inside and then darting back through the slashed rubber and water seeping into the glove and down her arm, often accompanied by a wince of discomfort as her poorly protected hand made contact with the scalding water.

Sometimes she would perservere with a slashed up glove for a few days in a row while washing up, but all to often she would be doing the dishes wearing only one glove. 'Well at least this hand will be lovely and dry' was the response I got when I broached the subject or 'it doesn't ,make much difference whether you wear one or two rubber gloves'. Sometimes the excuse was 'oh I can't afford to buy new ones' but sometimes I knew fine well there were other pairs of rubbers in the house, brand new ones even. She'd ignore my suggestions and plough on, single gloved but giving both hands the same exposure to the boiling water she'd always insist on cleaning with, coming away with one rough, chapped hand whose nail polish was damaged and scratched off whilst the other was softly cared for with pretty manicured nails. All too frequently she would do entire housework tasks with only one hand protected, saying that only one glove was necessary as it wasn't a big job or could be done with one hand alone, only to go on and do it with both, generally the ungloved hand at that once she got engrossed in the task, irrespective of what she was doing; be it wipe up a bit of spilled lemonade, through to using Jeyes Fluid or some skin rotting caustic stuff to strip paint off doors! What made this worse was the knowledge that on the rare occasion where she hadn't already trashed that the gloves' partner the poor other glove lay rejected on the draining board untouched. Ultimately it was thrift that dictated her use of rubber gloves, a pair meaning both gloves would need to be worn out before a new pair were embarked upon and sometimes even then there was a few days of both hands being nude before she made the vital purchase of more gloves. I'd let her get on with the housework unobserved on those occasions!

Was it really too much to ask for for my mother to always have several pairs of perfectly good rubber gloves at her disposal I used to despair?. I vowed that when I grew up I would never be without a replacement pair of gloves at any time for the ones I was wearing and similarly would have brand new untouched duplicate pairs for the numerous pairs I would have for the variety of jobs each set of rubbers were assigned to. I've kept that promise too, sometimes having two spare pairs as back ups for the rubbers I am wearing and I have never ever donned a glove that I knew or thought to have become damaged. The very idea makes me shudder.

Imagine my surprise and delight when one time I found a stash of brand new Marigold gloves under the kitchen sink; three pairs still in their packaging. Deep red ultra thin dishwashing gloves, yellow Fleur rubbers for more general work and a pair for heavier tasks. As the latter interested me the least I can't recall the colour these were but I have a feeling they were either pink or orange. But I was in love with those thin red gloves....mum was next door or somewhere so I chanced my opportunity and slid the large gloves onto my small hands, the soft flocking inside felt smooth as if I was being caressed. I clenched my little fists and watched the way the crimson rubber became taut over my knuckles and felt the reassuring flapping of the long cuffs which extended almost up to my elbows. If I had thought I could have got away with it I would have stolen them, such was my longing to own these and if humanly possible, never have to take either off my hands. They had the added illicit thrill. What if mum saw? She would know, she would guess my secret. With regret I slipped my hands out and returned the gloves to their packaging but I had a plan, they may not be mine, but me and those beautiful gloves would have our moment yet.... :D
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

....I bided my time, all the while those red rubbers continued to live under the sink unworn, just waiting for her to go out for a few hours at a time and leave me to get my hands on and in those gloves. A week or two passed then eventually she went out to get her hair permed which meant she would be out for hours :up: With mum safely halfway up the road I bolted to the kitchen and had those gloves on my hands so quickly I scarcely got to savour the moment but by God it was blissful! Relief, excitement, terror at being caught in the act and some kind of thrill all coursed through me simultaneously. I was too young to know about sex and a few years more from knowing what masturbating was but even if I had I would not have though to do anything like that, it would have defiled the gloves to do anything like that with them, something I largely continue to feel to this day. The gloves themselves provided that magical feeling where my heart beat faster, the noises and sensations they generated even by the smallest of movement of my hands sent a good kind of shudder through me. I loved the feeling of having my hands encased in softness and the smooth moulded, seamlessness of the rubber. The mystery of your hand being disguised; looking different on the outside to the world and to what was concealed inside, hidden away struck me as awesome. Then there was the sensation of being gloved in rubber, there was the obvious wet on the outside and dry on the inside but it had never occurred to me that while the gloves may appear bone dry the hands inside weren't necessarily, the lack of air getting to my hands and the longer I had them on I saw that the opposite could be true too. That contradiction, that mystery sent another of those shudders through me.

The shudder was bittersweet; I knew instinctively that feeling like I did was unusual. No one had told me that, they didn't have to. High heels, mini skirts, low cut tops, they were apparently sexy according to the programmes I'd seen and things I'd read, but rubber gloves? Hmm, they never seemed to figure except in a 'Ooerr missis you kinky thing' way that conferred with it that this wasn't quite the done thing. That thought turned into a feeling, one that wasn't very nice...one that I now see as shame. Shame for doing this which was weird, shame for finding I got a kick out of it, something approaching terror about what would I do if I tore or punctured one of the gloves...that lead to the greatest fear and shameful feeling of all, what would I do if anyone found out about this? I vowed there and then that I would take this secret to my grave, such was the discomfort I felt. I flushed that from my mind the best I could; I had at least two hours if not way more in which I had these fabulous gloves all to myself with absolutely no reason at all why I would need to take one off and deny a hand the magic spell of being gloved for even a single moment.

But what to do now I had achieved that aim of getting into those gloves? I sat there stumped for quite some time, I needed to do something, something where I would get to put these gloves through their paces, doing the things I'd spent what felt like years watching on the blessed hands of other women fortunate enough to have their own gloves they could don whenever it took their fancy. Merely sitting flexing, clenching and unclenching my gloves pulling them as tightly on as far as they would go, covering the length of my forearms and letting them make that distinctive wobbly noise just for me was awesome but I needed to take it to the next level.

So I did some cleaning wearing the rubbers. Starting with the dishes and I did it my way, not mum's; when it came to the drying I kept the gloves on unlike her. Something to this very day I always do, though on the odd rare occasion I may shed my left hand rubber or both if I'm in a desperate hurry or just want to feel that contrast of having a normal boring hand and one secreted in tight latex and the pleasure that can bring with it. I loved the way the gloves clung tightly to my hands when the were submerged under water and the way the water was so hot but I was impervious to it. Reaching the depths of the sink, groping round to find that very last teaspoon with a rubber coated arm was so soothing as I knew my hand was safe and dry inside the glove.

After that I tidied up the cupboards, enjoying even more the extravagance and oddness of doing this wearing bone dry rubber gloves that were completely unncessary. A mantra of sorts passed through my mind; neither glove needs to come off just because it isn't wet, you can take them off at the end and not before....after all, you are doing housework. Comforted by this thought I carried on, cleaning the tiles, wiping down the fridge inside and out and cleaning anything remotely in need of the swipe of a dishcloth, tasks that would have no appeal if I had to do them ungloved.

But time passed, mum might come back earlier than expected, what if I tore her glove? I would be for it then. I didn't think I could cope with the humiliation if I was found out or caught in the act of wearing them as I'm sure my face would give me away. A couple of hours later it was time for me to do my Cinderella and unglove myself and go back to normal. I washed the gloves as lovingly on my hands as if their rubber was my skin and dried them off throughly before returning them to their Marigold bag under the sink and sighed with relief for not being found out. I'd had glove fun and got away with it!

That relief subsided to be replaced by a sense of foolishness I still get to this day, a feeling of 'what the hell was that all about?' that made me feel deeply ashamed and determined to stay well away from rubber gloves in future as the feeling was so intensely strong and unpleasant I didn't want to ever feel like that again. If I avoided them, I wouldn't have to feel like this and maybe the desire would wear off, I'd get sensible and grow out of it. I particularly avoided watching those red gloves in action, not that I had to worry about that for long. Mum punctured one of those gloves the first or second time she wore it and threw it out, all within the week of my indiscretion. The irony of it was the other glove seemed to last almost indefintely....
patch1980
VIP

Post by patch1980 »

wicked story mrs uni is all i can say very interesting you expirance
Stefansquire88
Occasional poster

Post by Stefansquire88 »

This is by far the most detailed writing I've seen from someone describing the development of their interest in household gloves. The vivid detail and the precision of your powerful, descriptive words is just wonderful. I have read this three times now and, ah, take pleasure in the nuances. Your descriptions of the sights, sounds, feels and emotions are superb. You have a real gift and thankfully you have shared interests. Thank you.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Stefansquire88 wrote:This is by far the most detailed writing I've seen from someone describing the development of their interest in household gloves. The vivid detail and the precision of your powerful, descriptive words is just wonderful. I have read this three times now and, ah, take pleasure in the nuances. Your descriptions of the sights, sounds, feels and emotions are superb. You have a real gift and thankfully you have shared interests. Thank you.
Wow thanks :$ I do write a lot generally and its nice to get some feedback, thanks for the encouragement :8up:

I wrote the follow up bit about my teenage years the other night but for some reason when I clicked submit it didn't work, wanted me to sing in again and it was all lost :'( >:((

Will have to re write it all over again. Will do it in word and cut and paste next time to save any more irritating slip ups :rolleyes:
glovelover69
Regular poster

Post by glovelover69 »

please do!! i cant wait to read the follow up!!!

Return to “Experiences”