O-Cedar selling Vileda gloves as Playtex in US?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jimglove
Regular poster

Re: O-Cedar selling Vileda gloves as Playtex in US?

Post by Jimglove »

I think Freudenberg must also own Ansell as Marigold Professional is now branded Ansell. They must have a huge market share.

I used to really like Vileda gloves, and some of my earliest experiences with my wife included them :p You can't get them in the UK now (perhaps something to do with the Marigold buy-out) and the last ones I ordered from abroad were not good. Shorter cuff, wider fitting and now seem to have some sort of wax coating which makes them really stiff where they used to be super flexible :'(

Anyone else had recent Vileda experience?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Not recent, but I did buy a bunch of "Vileda Professional" gloves (in three different colours) a few years ago which were similarly disappointing. They smelt terrible too, and had writing on the cuffs. One of my less satisfactory glove purchases. But they were not part of the regular Vileda range. Perhaps that's the same with the ones you've got?
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Oh that's interesting, I've not tried the professional range, but had wondered about getting some. Sounds like I shouldn't! The ones I had were the super grip in retail packaging. I had another pair that I bought here in the UK some while back that had the comfort absorbent lining but were otherwise the same glove. But the difference in fit, length and this awful coating was very disappointing.

Return to “Glove talk forum”