Does anyone else notice this?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Does anyone else notice this?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Why is it that if your famous you can wear what ever you want to? Have seen video clips of lady Gaga on a tv interview with latex gloves of course black and stylish. But still she is seen in public with gloves all the time. Not just here either because I don’t listen to her. But some country music videos have the female sings merry wearing gloves and it totally works and everyone loves it!

Anyone normal does that and it’s like what in the heck are they wearing and why? Other people on th wear them and it’s like oh well they must have a reason. But then being home with your family and wearing them to cook, oh you don’t need them it’s just us you can take them off. Well I really don’t want to.

I totally feel like if more people started wearing gloves just because and weren’t worried about how they will look to others it would become normal. Seems it’s normal in other countries to see someone walking around with gloves on but in the US it’s like taboo unless your really need them. I wore a pair to eat my lunch the other day because it was a messy sub really oily and it felt great to not get any of that in my hands. I just think if more people did it it would become normal.

I do wish more people would do this so that it could be more normal I know it’s far fetched and won’t happen but would still be nice. I also know people on this forum will agree and some will not.
dopefish

Re: Does anyone else notice this?

Post by dopefish »

Yes that's how things become normal. Just need enough people to do them. I feel like we've had this conversation before.

On Celebrities, they don't have to care what us peasants think of them, because of their money and their fans, so they pretty much do whatever they want.
countrylatexglover
VIP

We very well could have I didn’t recall one though. But I agree if more did it it would become normal especially if “cool” people do it. We are becoming more relaxed at least in my society.

It didn’t use to be a thing to go out of the house without a collard shirt and now very few people do that. It’s interesting to see how we evolve but almost go backward. Years back people also would have been caught out without gloves on and now they wouldn’t be caught with them on except for in the winter or have a good reason.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i higly doubt that the celebs wear our fetish items cause they want to.
more like they get paid to (advertise,free to keep after wearing etc)
the more rich you are - the less you wanna spend ;) so wearing whatever,wherever,gets them famous etc,plus the cash in hand,win-win on them.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Celebrities are in the public eye. Anything they wear is therefore also in the public eye. They're sponsored by fashion houses so that the fashion brand is advertised. If you look attractive and think they'll sponsor you, maybe call one up and try your luck :P
countrylatexglover wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pmI wore a pair to eat my lunch the other day because it was a messy sub really oily and it felt great to not get any of that in my hands. I just think if more people did it it would become normal.
I used to do this when I worked in hospitality as a student! I worked with a chef on weddings and VIP events. We didn't get long to take a break and I always ended up exhausted being on my feet for 12h+. It was always difficult to find cutlery and spare plates because the events team would have already packed them away, and I hated having messy hands during service, so I just ate food with gloves on instead. Chef would always have a giggle at it, but I laughed at him struggling with a plastic knife and fork. There's something very gratifying about getting messy with food when you've got gloves on and then being totally clean when you take them off. For some reason chef used to call them "fuck gloves", so I guess we know what he and his wife were in to, eh...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 am i higly doubt that the celebs wear our fetish items cause they want to.
more like they get paid to (advertise,free to keep after wearing etc)
the more rich you are - the less you wanna spend ;) so wearing whatever,wherever,gets them famous etc,plus the cash in hand,win-win on them.
I mean I’m sure they get paid to do it but they certainly wear gloves right out in the open and I bet some are happy do to it. Just because it’s our fetish doesn’t mean anything. Some of them probably don’t even think twice about it some days. It’s usually apart of their outfit somehow. I have even seen one who wears them around pools because she hates her hands getting wet for whatever her reason is. I also know of one who chooses to wear them to hide scars on her hands.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

scars eh,watch Maps to the stars (theres a thread on the forum),film bout a girl who had her arms burned or somewhat,and all film thru has long leather gloves on her :)
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

That one didn't help our cause by portraying the person doing a different fashion choice as an evil killer but nice gloves.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Definitely doesn’t help lol. Gloves are usually used for crime on tv or medical reasons. I do wish they could be worn as just a normal article of clothing I don’t really get why they are so weird to wear out in public now. Years ago no one would have been caught without gloves on even men for a time. They also wore them a lot while on horse back to. I think the main reason could be because if all the dust it keep the majority of their body clean as running water was hard to come by, so the more clothing your wore the less dirt would get on you.

I just wish and i wished this before the pandemic I have always just wanted to wear disposable gloves and not be chastsizes or ousted for it but that seems to be what happens. Not that Covid is becoming tire some to a lot of people even masks around here are becoming frowned apon.

Can be easy to say I just prefer the look of nitrile or latex over my hands than my hairy skin. This could also be a part of an insecurity i might have also.

I don’t know just wish if they can do it we could do without getting looked at funny. But I guess I live in an old fashioned town where gloves are just not a normally thing. Lots of new people but gloves don’t make sense I guess.
If I could be gloves about 24/7 without being considered ridiculous by close friends I probably would.
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

If they are really your close friends they will accept you for who you are.

Return to “Glove talk forum”