Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

To those who wear gloves out in public.

Post by countrylatexglover »

Should I stick to wearing my white nitrile gloves that I usually wear or should I start to color match again? I color matched during covid times to look more professional but many colors are had to come by and I don’t want to be to picky. Of course most won’t care but I was wondering what would look the best or if it matters. Just looking for opinions on whether I should color match or not. Not opinions on wearing gloves in public that is my choice. Thank you.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Post by Ceramic »

bumping this,freakin august if finaly behind us,bye bye 40-45C hopefully..

anyhow the ads and newsppaers advertising in full swing the collection for 2021 automn,no fall yet

any news anyone ?
countrylatexglover
VIP

Got my xs white nitrile gloves on today with a white pearl snap shirt and wedding ring over that. Then I wear size medium blue nitrile gloves over that to go see customers if needed. In the office yes. Can’t do any pictures sorry don’t know how to.

For some reason today I wore a white shirt and I’m really enjoying the combination of the tight white gloves that are almost starting to go a little transparent and the pure white shirt.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So did a little experiment a few days ago. Walked into my volunteer organization to get some gear back together. We had several companies doing jobs for us that day on our equipment. I wore white nitrile gloves most of the time I was there. Everyone of them did the weird eye thing where they double and triple take on my hands like they had never seen gloves before. I wear them down there when non of the members are there because they all just break my balls over them.

So I wore them to do most everything I had to do. Like I said got a few stares from all of them and it honestly annoyed me. After I did what I had to do I went and took off the gloves and talked with them all and shook hands. When I hand them on they wouldn’t dare shake hands. Then when I took them off their demeanor changed and they almost became relieved. It was very annoying to see this. Why does it matter if I’m wearing gloves or not. That should change anything about me. Why are gloves such mysterious things that seem to have a certain taboo about them. They bring soooooo much attention to an outfit or a person in general.

Guess I have gotten to use to wearing them now… I don’t see an issue with it at all, I also get to touch things that people would be grossed out by and not worry. No I’m not going out of my way to touch gross things, but I don’t need to care about it and if I do the (second skin) can be removed. Not saying only disposable gloves should be normal, I’m saying all gloves should be normal year round. I just happen to wear disposable gloves.

I think it’s weird that we don’t wear them more often. I realize we are a touch screen world but I think we should use our vast knowledge of technology and make all gloves touch screen. There is no other accessory that gets as much attention as gloves do. Wish we could turn it into a good fad or the latest trend somehow. Im tired of something like gloves being such an outcast. And to top it off masks are normal. They weren’t before and now they are but gloves are weird?

Yes for the record I have white nitrile gloves on this morning as I type this out if it makes things better lol.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

You really worry about what others think of your gloves too much. Wear them if you want, dont wear them if you want. I wore some into the grocery store today on a stop while driving home and no one batted an eyelash, not that I actually cared. I wear them on the way to and from work every day so I dont sit there in the car and pick at my fingers while I'm driving and stuck in traffic. The rest of the day I dont really mess with my fingers unless I stop to talk with someone or get distracted. Enjoying the feel and comfort of them while driving is a bonus.

People wouldn't shake your hands when you had the gloves on because they weren't wearing them also. They dont know where your gloved hands have been, that's the whole reason behind the fistbump movement that seems to have passed the handshake in general. This isn't the olden days or the 20's or 30's and its not going to come back because you keep posting on an internet forum about it.

is this harsh? maybe a little but imo you need to lighten up and relax about your thoughts on other people wearing gloves in mainstream public places and just do you. If someone asks why just provide a simple answer and be done with it.
countrylatexglover
VIP

supernova wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:06 pm You really worry about what others think of your gloves too much. Wear them if you want, dont wear them if you want. I wore some into the grocery store today on a stop while driving home and no one batted an eyelash, not that I actually cared. I wear them on the way to and from work every day so I dont sit there in the car and pick at my fingers while I'm driving and stuck in traffic. The rest of the day I dont really mess with my fingers unless I stop to talk with someone or get distracted. Enjoying the feel and comfort of them while driving is a bonus.

People wouldn't shake your hands when you had the gloves on because they weren't wearing them also. They dont know where your gloved hands have been, that's the whole reason behind the fistbump movement that seems to have passed the handshake in general. This isn't the olden days or the 20's or 30's and its not going to come back because you keep posting on an internet forum about it.

is this harsh? maybe a little but imo you need to lighten up and relax about your thoughts on other people wearing gloves in mainstream public places and just do you. If someone asks why just provide a simple answer and be done with it.
Your right I do. I have been known to be a people pleaser without trying. I also care too much about many things, not just this. I don’t care if others wear them or not I would like to see it but I don’t care if it doesn’t happen. Mainly want those who actually want to, to be able to do the same thing I guess so to say coming out of the closet. I went back in in a way and that shouldn’t be. I don’t wear them around certain people now because they don’t want to see it. I mostly want to be able to do it myself and have it be “normal”. I know this won’t happen but it’s a dream. It’s totally not everyone’s want or fetish.

Also I merely want to know why it’s not a thing anymore. This happen way before cellphones and touch screens. People just stopped wearing them for some reason to be more casual. It’s just something I no longer wish to conform to but wish it could be acceptable so as to not loose friends who don’t understand. I agree probably thinking too much into it and don’t have a good answer to tell people off in a nice way. Sorry I have a passion these days about this topic. Wearing gloves the way I have for over two years now has really opened my eyes to some things.

Return to “Glove talk forum”