Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

KDS144
WWGFA donor

IKEA Rubber Gloves

Post by KDS144 »

image.jpeg
Hi All

Have any of you noticed how IKEA no longer seem to sell rubber gloves? They've had various types over the years - the original Plastis ones which were thin and unlined, were in my opinion a load of rubbish. The last ones (Prassel, I think?) were much better and some of my favourite gloves. They were two tone with a white cuff and coloured hand area, and had a rolled cuff. The colours varied, but I've seen blue, pink and grey.

They came in one size, a generous medium, but had quite slim cuffs. They fit me very well, with a nice snug fit on the arm, which I like. Quite smelly, and I personally loved that when you had worn them for a while, they left that wonderful rubber glove smell on your hands. Great for fetishists, but maybe not for others!!

Anyway, I've not seen any gloves for around six months now :-(

Does anyone else share my liking of these?

I've attached a picture of them....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: IKEA Rubber Gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

Oh! I hadn't even realized they had different rubber gloves. I just saw those unlined once, and never bothered anymore. Whenever I saw them somewhere I just thought "Ugh, IKEA gloves." *shudder*

But I wish I'd known about these! Would've loved to give IKEA a second chance. :-) I've been to IKEA a few times in the past months, but have never noticed these, so I don't think they sell them (anymore?) in the Netherlands, at least.

Although I must say, I'm not a big fan of the rubber smell myself, so perhaps these wouldn't have been for me anyway.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Cannot remember either HRG in Dutchieland IKEA's, but the crappy thin stuff rings a bell ... never tried, probably an interesting case of what you see is what you get...
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

Maybe they were just in the UK stores? Either way, it doesn't seem like they have them anymore, unfortunately. Seems to me that the range of rubber gloves is slowly diminishing? Are fewer and fewer people wearing them or is at all about profit? In the UK, it's getting harder and harder to find gloves in size small - most shops only want to stock the most popular sizes:-(
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Yeah, it's strange and some companies now carry one size fits all or S/M, and M/L. There's no such size as small/medium, it's either small or medium!!!! I think this discourages general public to have the habit to wear gloves since they either can't find the proper size, or they become too bulky to buy next size up, that they don't want to wear to do any chores since they can't feel anything with gloved fingers being too loose!
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Indeed, indeed. This way they're really spoiling the market for themselves, I mean, how are you gonna build trust w/ people like this? Women have really an incentive to keep their hands nice, but why bother w/ such clumsy crap?

I believe I just read this b/vlogger complaining that she never could get proper fitting gloves for hair dyeing... Believe she was a Dutch YouTuber. Help me remember around the weekend.
gloveloverus wrote:Yeah, it's strange and some companies now carry one size fits all or S/M, and M/L. There's no such size as small/medium, it's either small or medium!!!! I think this discourages general public to have the habit to wear gloves since they either can't find the proper size, or they become too bulky to buy next size up, that they don't want to wear to do any chores since they can't feel anything with gloved fingers being too loose!
Interesting how now finally Lilu cums up w/ a YHRG clip where she describes only these gloves fit, and they still look clumsy as fuck :scratch:
(viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22428)
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

Am I the only rubber fetishist in the world who liked the unlined chlorinated thinning old plastics gloves?
Any thoughts on their newest ones, Potkes, I think?
G
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

You mean these?

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/potkes-rub ... -20470127/

They do look better than the old ones, but still not very appealing to me.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

i think they are replacing them with these:

Ikea RINNIG cleaning gloves
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Ooh... interesting! They do look quite loose, but that could be small hands in a medium glove. I like the colours, and they're available online. I may give them a go...

Return to “Glove talk forum”