Wearing gloves publicly

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Wearing gloves publicly

Post by Ceramic »

lol nice bump,nearly 2yrs since i wrote that :p

no worries,i please myself in many other ways ;) (no cheating,married for a reason and love her still)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

GlovedYankee wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm I find it quite interesting that i too like masks, was never able to really wear any degree due to my wearing glasses. I had to have cataract surgery a few months back, since then I started wearing a medical or consecution masks on occasion, like the look and the feel. Oh when I’m wearing latex or nitrile gloves as well usually.
So I don’t wear medical masks in Public but I have seen it before. Do wear them at home for other activities. Have a few different colors of them too. I actually have seen one or two other people around wearing nitrile gloves out in public. I didn’t ask why cause I wasn’t wearing them myself but when we go to one place where I saw it before hand I had thought about wearing them inside maybe could have but just chose not too. Still wish I could find some gloves that are transparent and not vinyl. Won’t really wear vinyl gloves as they are too cheap. I like that nitrile and latex stretch because I can wear real tight ones and they feel really good.

Been on a search for the surgical gloves non latex that everyone talks about here I just don’t know yet which ones are the most transparent yet and I don’t want to spend a lot of money finding out. The ones I have been wear are hard to see when my hands sweat but you can still tell cause it’s not as hot here anymore.

Part of me just wishes for some reason that a fashion trend of this would start and I would just see people wearing them more doesn’t have to be nitrile or latex but just gloves in general really want them to come back.

As I wear them out in Public more places I find people stare less at knit gloves and fabric then they do at latex or nitrile. Although when I wear them people who have to interact with me don’t say anything but they do look and some take a step back or ask someone else to serve me cause they don’t want to or can’t deal with it... not sure what that means but yeAh. I have said this before I know but if I could wear these nitrile gloves everyday without worry I would. I’m starting to like my hands in gloves more than not. They don’t look better to everyone else but to me they do although I do know just not too in most places because it’s weird.
countrylatexglover
VIP

I have gotten to notice that exam gloves raise way more attentions than tight little knit gloves. When I wear the exam gloves people don’t know what to think, when I wear knit gloves I can see them thinking oh he’s just cold.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm I have gotten to notice that exam gloves raise way more attentions than tight little knit gloves. When I wear the exam gloves people don’t know what to think, when I wear knit gloves I can see them thinking oh he’s just cold.
However, I find more people wearing medical gloves for whatever reason, then i have ever before. So take heart that attitudes are changing, just taking more time before its more common then not. As for your knit gloves, I can see that as I wear my leather gloves and some people don’t stare or ask about them, they just accept me for me.
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm I have gotten to notice that exam gloves raise way more attentions than tight little knit gloves. When I wear the exam gloves people don’t know what to think, when I wear knit gloves I can see them thinking oh he’s just cold.
However, I find more people wearing medical gloves for whatever reason, then i have ever before. So take heart that attitudes are changing, just taking more time before its more common then not. As for your knit gloves, I can see that as I wear my leather gloves and some people don’t stare or ask about them, they just accept me for me.
May I ask where your from cause besides my self wearing the more I have seen very few people where I’m from wearing them, I do see more cashiers wearing them and some even bringing their own but that’s about it. Have seen much else and then about the same as I have said above. What or who have you seen wearing them now I’m curious? Hopefully it is a matter of time that would be amazing.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm May I ask where your from cause besides my self wearing the more I have seen very few people where I’m from wearing them, I do see more cashiers wearing them and some even bringing their own but that’s about it. Have seen much else and then about the same as I have said above. What or who have you seen wearing them now I’m curious? Hopefully it is a matter of time that would be amazing.
Yes I’m in Atlanta proper. I see clerk/cashiers wearing them, I’ve seen clothes store people wearing them as well as a shoes salesperson.I have evens ee several check in desk people wearing them at either my doctors office or the medical center.
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm May I ask where your from cause besides my self wearing the more I have seen very few people where I’m from wearing them, I do see more cashiers wearing them and some even bringing their own but that’s about it. Have seen much else and then about the same as I have said above. What or who have you seen wearing them now I’m curious? Hopefully it is a matter of time that would be amazing.
Yes I’m in Atlanta proper. I see clerk/cashiers wearing them, I’ve seen clothes store people wearing them as well as a shoes salesperson.I have evens ee several check in desk people wearing them at either my doctors office or the medical center.
Wow I wish I saw that around here. You don’t really see too much in ny like that but it sounds nice! They all wear medical gloves? It’s actually s good idea since they deal with so much money all day and it’s fun to see outside of the ordinary like that.
FancoisGant26
Regular poster

Post by FancoisGant26 »

tronn206 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:58 pm The thing is. I think that the people who notice/take an interest when you're wearing gloves more than likely have a thing for gloves as well. I don't notice everything people wear but definitely take notice of gloves and nice trainers (sneakers for our American cousins) that people wear because that's my thing. :8up:
I know this was written some months ago but thinking on this makes total sense to me. Though wearing leather, surgical, or rubber gloves publicly is quite different than knit or spandex Isotoners, which I do enjoy alot.

Anyways, had a car ride yesterday morning with my wife. We both bundled and gloved on our way to church, it was heaven. I wish these moments were more often. I realized it feels better when both of us glove up than when it is just me wearing them. It's still great, but gloves have this majestic pedestal feel to them, like I am above or something.. :???:
countrylatexglover
VIP

So I have been able to wear gloves a lot more in public due to the weather. It has been quite cold out and a good reason I have are my hands a feet don’t get enough blood flow. Actually real thing and my hands get colder that most other people’s do so I just wear gloves. I will wear nitrile gloves when I’m driving or knit if cold enough, use to wear my nitrile gloves at the drive thru b not so much now. I can wear my knit gloves in restaurants and not remove them till the food come and it just says my hands are cold. I have worn nitrile gloves out to eat before that is much harded since it’s not normal.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Going to bring this topic back up a little.
Been wearing latex and nitrile glove out in public every day since the pandemic started. When I’m home not so much but if I leave the house a box of gloves comes with me. Most don’t even bat and eye at it now and when they do, I get comments such as that’s a good idea I need to get some. But no one ever does lol. Some are starting to again but many do not.

Return to “Glove talk forum”