Girl's Talk

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Girl's Talk

Post by mrs uni »

Ber75 wrote:Rommetjle if I may answer . I don't think I would be happier without my fetish. I spent over half my life thinking that there was something odd about me . Trying to hide my feelings. I'm glad that I found this site . I have got to meet some nice people made some really nice friends. I've been able to open up my feelings found out who I am. I've learned that I'm not alone with this fetish. Would I be happier ? Honestly No. I would have been unhappier not knowing there was others like me
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter too. This place has been a blessing, to find I'm not the only woman with this whatever you call it has been huge for me. You can't put a price on how big a thing that is, seriously.

Besides, as much as being a fetishist has had its torturous moments its as much a part of me as being a dog lover or having depression from time to time. Its one of many bits of my personality /biology /brain chemistry or whatever you want to call it. And strangely enough it pre-dates both of those other things about me. It's part of who I am. I don't have to wear a sandwich board and have a megaphone and tell the world about it but being able to mention it and talk about it somewhere like here has made me far more accepting of myself and my fetish if that makes sense?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

mrs uni wrote:...being able to mention it and talk about it somewhere like here has made me far more accepting of myself and my fetish if that makes sense?
Totally! And I'm very glad to hear that. :)
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

Rommeltje wrote: Do you think you'd be happier without your fetishes?
that would be a "maybe" for me? I think I'd be a lot happier without my fetish for household gloves, because that is the one that's causing the most shameful feelings for me. I'm not so sure about leather gloves, because the sort of fascination I have for leather gloves feels more acceptable to me, more like a fun, sensual thing (which is not to say that I am confident enough to practice this "fun, sensual kink" - quite the opposite). the amount of guilt involved is just a lot less than with household gloves, but I'm still super afraid of any kind of comment I might receive if I wore something other than regular leather gloves in winter, or that it might be written all over my face that I have a fetish.

either way... I'm really grateful that this forum, and especially this thread exists - thank you rommeltje and mrs uni!
as might be obvious from my long periods of absence between posts, I'm not even allowing myself to regularly visit this place, that's how very not at ease I am with my fetish side, but it definitely does help to read about how others feel!
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

sensualista wrote:

if I wore something other than regular leather gloves in winter, or that it might be written all over my face that I have a fetish.
in the winter u can wear any glove from any kind

cause of the "Excuse" that it is cold,u can wear long gloves (under ur sleeves),made of satin\leather\valvet\pvc\latex...u name it) or short (meh)

if someone looks at you funny - just take off one glove,and slap him with it :tongue:
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

Ceramic wrote: if someone looks at you funny - just take off one glove,and slap him with it :tongue:
:rofl: maybe one day I will be brave enough to actually do that. it would be absolutely hilarious
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i always said that gloves should be a must have\must wear everyday,for every female in the world ;)
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

Ceramic wrote:i always said that gloves should be a must have\must wear everyday,for every female in the world ;)
I mean wouldn't that be the dream? I'm not into the more historical/vintage clothing styles, I like it sleek and modern and almost androgynous, but I wish the "normality" (not sure if that's the right word here) of wearing gloves all the time would have stuck and not gotten lost over time.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

well,its a good thing long gloves arnt forgotten on this nowdays world :)

u keep seeing em in movies\fasion shows\famous weddings\etc...so luckily,we will still have em for the next decade or two ;)
hotgloveuser123

Post by hotgloveuser123 »

so I just posted on CarrionCarcass post about women with glove fetishes and I noticed your Mrs uni's reply and mentioning how you started this subforum and I wanted to share my appreciation for your passion on the subject. I have been meaning to post on here for a bit because I think it is very practical and important that there is a place for us male glove lovers to inquire in a respectful way bout the women who share our passion for gloves. I think it is very useful and valuable to understand better the women's point of view as well as having a non threatening place for women to explore. just wanted to give you a big thumbs up mrs uni for being an advocate for the fetish! keep up your good work.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

hotgloveuser123 wrote:so I just posted on CarrionCarcass post about women with glove fetishes and I noticed your Mrs uni's reply and mentioning how you started this subforum and I wanted to share my appreciation for your passion on the subject. I have been meaning to post on here for a bit because I think it is very practical and important that there is a place for us male glove lovers to inquire in a respectful way bout the women who share our passion for gloves. I think it is very useful and valuable to understand better the women's point of view as well as having a non threatening place for women to explore. just wanted to give you a big thumbs up mrs uni for being an advocate for the fetish! keep up your good work.
Thank you for your kind words! And thank you for posting here too; while this subforum might be called Girl's Talk its not to the exclusion of men, its as you say, a safe place for women to come and share our fetish. Seeing the negative experiences Carrie had had at the hands of fellow woman fetishists elsewhere I think it is particularly important to have somewhere welcoming and friendly to come if you're female. We're rare and female fetishists generally are (meant) to be very rare or at least not making it known that they have fetishes. I know I for one keep all my fetishes very closely guarded secrets because fetishes are misunderstood and often laughed at as people do when they encounter something they are pretty ignorant about. It's easier to mock than to listen and try to understand seemingly, no wonder people and women in particular don't advertise their kinks to the world.

And gloves naturally are something I'm very passionate about, seeing there are times when I wear them constantly or as close to constantly as I can for a number of reasons:

a) I'm just more comfortable gloved than ungloved and prefer feeling my way around the world through that slight detachment you get wearing gloves. As soon as I have the house to myself I usually don some rubber household or leather gloves and 95% of the time when I visit the forum I'm gloved (Marigold rubber gloves today, first red and now turquoise). I might check my messages ungloved very occasionally but I wouldn't dream of posting here unless I was wearing at least one leather or rubber glove.

b) Protection and keeping my hands soft and pretty and warm in the winter.

c) Allergies, dust in particular and every last type of cleaning product makes my hands itchy and swell up. Gloves are a great precaution as well as protection. I have to wear rubber gloves to do all housework jobs out of necessity, not that I mind that much...

d) Sensation is pleasant at best of the times to oh my goodness arousing at others wearing gloves, if you're me that is.

e) Gloves look amazing and every outfit would be massively enhanced with a pair of gloves.

Yesterday was a case in point for wearing gloves. I was out during the morning, I got home pulled on some long rubbers and an apron immediately, made myself some lunch and ate it before doing the washing up and a wee bit of kitchen cleaning for a couple of hours. Wet work done I changed into different long rubber gloves that were drier inside and went upstairs. Still in my apron and right rubber glove I made some phone calls, did some paperwork before pausing for coffee. No sooner than I'd drawn my left glove back on and started some tidying up when that glove was cast aside again when my husband came home and we had a long tea break. I looked into doing some online grocery shopping and checked my emails and so on for an hour or so then re-donned my left rubber glove finished the tidying up and began some dusting and polishing before moving onto some bed making. A shorter stop for coffee = off with the left glove for another half hour, before moving onto some tasks around the house for next hour during which time I could keep my left rubber glove on some of the time. Changed into tight yellow rubber gloves and prepared the evening meal; chopping vegetables and meat, before cooking them on the hob; its so much more comfortable stirring steaming hot pans in a rubber gloved hand! Eventually had to take off my apron and both my gloves when it was time to sit down to dinner. By then I'd been home about six hours: I'd never needed to take my right glove as much as once and must have worn both my rubber gloves at least half the time.Then on getting into bed last night I donned my longest black leather opera gloves which I wore all night, only taking them off at 10am after a long lie in! So far today I've only had to endure being totally gloveless for about 3 hours (4 hours max for my left hand).

So yeah, I'm more comfortable wearing gloves you could say, though changing gloves or taking breaks from wearing a household rubber glove is necessary when they get really hot and wet inside or to do the few things you need non gloved dexterity to accomplish, which is why I wear my left glove such a lot less. Being left handed means it gets a lot hotter and quicker inside that glove; like most people my non dominant hand does so much less and doesn't need to be as dextrous, so there's never a need to take off my right glove and I can benefit from the sensation that one my hands feels cared constantly for and protected and if a messy task arrived I can be ready in both gloves in a matter of seconds.

In the kitchen though its gloves 100% time though.

Return to “Glove talk forum”