Girl's Talk

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Girl's Talk

Post by countrylatexglover »

Just make more touch screen gloves that look good or exam gloves work with phones too! 8) 8)
operalove

Post by operalove »

Since we are nostalgic to the 80s glove era, I was scrolling in Netflix and was curious to check crocodile dundee because I was kinda nostalgic to some 80s movies and it is interesting to see that the actress Linda Kozlowki is casually wearing gloves in different scenes: unlined brown leather in the jungle, brown and black leather gloves with daily outfits in the city, suede black gloves with daily work outfit.

I wish we could have this fashion again :luv:
20190925_211143_HDR.jpg
20190925_210928.jpg
20190925_210758.jpg
20190925_210656.jpg
20190925_210519.jpg
20190925_210413.jpg
20190925_210953.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
countrylatexglover
VIP

operalove wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 pm Since we are nostalgic to the 80s glove era, I was scrolling in Netflix and was curious to check crocodile dundee because I was kinda nostalgic to some 80s movies and it is interesting to see that the actress Linda Kozlowki is casually wearing gloves in different scenes: unlined brown leather in the jungle, brown and black leather gloves with daily outfits in the city, suede black gloves with daily work outfit.

I wish we could have this fashion again :luv:
20190925_211143_HDR.jpg
20190925_210928.jpg
20190925_210758.jpg
20190925_210656.jpg
20190925_210519.jpg
20190925_210413.jpg
20190925_210953.jpg
Bringing some life to this thread again. These are wonderful pictures of how gloves were used not long ago. To bring this back would be amazing. It was a style that has just gone away almost out of laziness and being a casual society. I truly with we could bring this style back or make it so that gloves are not as scary to people.

I mean I don’t get what is so appealing or attractive about bare hands I really don’t sorry. I know this thread is for girls mostly but I just wanted to bring it back to life a bit.
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

It’s almost like we are moving away from winter gloves . You don’t see any nice leather gloves in stores anymore ,just cheap knit gloves . I know there is touch screen leather gloves now . But I guess people find it a problem to take gloves off to check their phone . Now cars are coming with heated steering wheels which means people have no need to wear gloves in the car . But as for me I will continue to wear my gloves in the car Spring , Summer ,Winter ,Fall . Summer is a perfect time to wear gloves in car to protect from hot steering wheel . Sorry if none of this made any sense maybe I’m trying to revive the thread
operalove

Post by operalove »

It is always nice to revive this thread. I can totally understand your feelings. Gloves barely appear for few months and they're not even good enough.
Struggling with my girlfriend to get her some nice leather gloves. We want to check stores (instead of online shopping) to find something fitting since she has tiny hands but leather gloves are either difficult to find or come in low leather quality. Without mentioning all the knit gloves and mittens.
I am glad you stick to your gloves at all seasons!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ber75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:04 pm It’s almost like we are moving away from winter gloves . You don’t see any nice leather gloves in stores anymore ,just cheap knit gloves . I know there is touch screen leather gloves now . But I guess people find it a problem to take gloves off to check their phone . Now cars are coming with heated steering wheels which means people have no need to wear gloves in the car . But as for me I will continue to wear my gloves in the car Spring , Summer ,Winter ,Fall . Summer is a perfect time to wear gloves in car to protect from hot steering wheel . Sorry if none of this made any sense maybe I’m trying to revive the thread

I totally understand what you’re saying. It’s almost like every trick in the book is making gloves go away. I see such few people wearing gloves today I don’t get it either. Really must be the touch screen thing. Can’t get away from their phone for a second. I mean some are still on them while driving lol. It’s in everyone’s hands constantly. Even when they are working they check their phone. If you’re using it for work that’s one thing if you’re just on social media I don’t get it. Games have limits for reasons to get you off your phone for too long. Some games don’t though. I refuse to down load games to mine because I don’t have time to waste. I also choose to get touchscreen gloves to ensure I can stay gloves. Yes also medical gloves work too as we all know.

It really is like they are being almost completely phased out. The people I do see wearing them are usually older or much younger.

Had recently seen a friend who almost never wears them had them on because it was cold. She is quite attractive but unfortunately they were mittens. Her husband who is one of my closets friends wouldn’t wear them unless absolutely true necessity.
countrylatexglover
VIP

operalove wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:00 pm It is always nice to revive this thread. I can totally understand your feelings. Gloves barely appear for few months and they're not even good enough.
Struggling with my girlfriend to get her some nice leather gloves. We want to check stores (instead of online shopping) to find something fitting since she has tiny hands but leather gloves are either difficult to find or come in low leather quality. Without mentioning all the knit gloves and mittens.
You’re right it is fun to keep it going. There are a few of us who wear gloves all year round. I feel like we will be the few left here who refuse to go gloveless lol. Believe it or not I still see very few but some people out who still wear a mask and disposable gloves too. It’s always a double take for me. Or I still see some people using them at the gas pump.
operalove

Post by operalove »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 pm
operalove wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:00 pm It is always nice to revive this thread. I can totally understand your feelings. Gloves barely appear for few months and they're not even good enough.
You’re right it is fun to keep it going. There are a few of us who wear gloves all year round. I feel like we will be the few left here who refuse to go gloveless lol. Believe it or not I still see very few but some people out who still wear a mask and disposable gloves too. It’s always a double take for me. Or I still see some people using them at the gas pump.
I know masks are not worn that much in many countries but they are still a thing here in Japan. Although, disposable gloves are not that popular. I see few people with latex gloves or sometimes white cotton gloves.
But if you're lucky enough you might see clerks in some shops, stations or airplanes wearing disposable gloves.
Other than that, the regular winter gloves. I admit some nice leather gloves catch my eyes few times. Some ladies wear wool gloves which are not knit gloves but more elegant and hand fitting.
And by diving on Twitter, there is a fetish community with some ladies and gentlemen that are gloved almost every day :)
countrylatexglover
VIP

yes agreed masks are a thing here, but even winter gloves not so much. i see more people using their sleeves as gloves instead. its almost like they either are too lazy to put them on or they are afraid of them for some reason. I have also met someone who doesn't like the feeling of anything on her hands, she wears like one little ring and that's it. Me on the other hand if i could, i would never be bare handed again lol. Glad some of you or us still wear them though.
ltd7201
Regular poster

Post by ltd7201 »

It's interesting looking back at this thread and only 3-4 years ago we were lamenting that gloves would probably never come back and be a fringe fashion at best. And yet, there is a resurgence in celebrities wearing them and thanks to show such as Bridgerton and people dressing up more in roaring 20's garb, they have made a comeback.

As far as more casual wear (and formal/costume wear for that matter), I think smartphones are the biggest obstacle and why you see people still avoiding gloves. I'm a baffled that glove makers do not more readily incorporate conductive thread into the fingers of gloves as it would resolve the issue and perhaps help sales more. If people could use their smartphones without having to take a gloves off all the time or worse, cut a hole in the fingertips, I think they would be even more popular.

My wife has been resigned to either leaving her phone at home or having me carry it and check on it if something comes up or she wants a picture taken. I know she gets frustrated that she can't readily operate a phone if she is gloved. It's not a big deal, but again, why even have the frustration if a solution is there.

Return to “Glove talk forum”