Girl's Talk

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Girl's Talk

Post by mrs uni »

KDS144 wrote:I’ve a question - what is it that turns you on most about gloves? Is it the feel of them on your body, smell, the sense of enclosure/protection or something else? I’d be interested to know if it’s different for girls than the boys!
The smell, no. I don't like the smell of rubber at all. Partly because it is the smell of my guilty covert glove wearing conscience that might let on to people that I'm one of those fetishist types. I'm not much keener on the smell of leather either, normally because if you can smell it, it probably isn't that good quality. If the gloves smell musty or have some perfume to them I dislike that would be a turn off big time too.

The sense of protection and enclosure is a massive one for me and the appearance of my hands in disguise so to speak, looking different, the way the light catches on leather gloves. The feel of tightness, of the sensation of difference from how your hands would feel if they were bare (say in hot water, coldness) is a bit thrilling.

I love the sensation of being rubber gloved for hours on end, when the gloves all but become your skin. I have no problem with them being soaking wet inside from perspiration (never a leak, heaven forbid) its not a reason to take them off as it seems to be for a lot of people.
Rommeltje wrote:As a follow-up, and in relation to the most recent comments in this thread, which part of the fetish is bigger for you girls/ladies: wearing them? Or seeing men wear them? Or perhaps even other women wearing them?
Wearing them, definitely! Failing that, seeing other women wear them. In the winter time I can't help but look at hands to see whether they're gloved on not. I do get transfixed by other women's gloved hands, I wonder what they feel like inside the gloves as well as I just like to see hands and how they move in gloves. If they are only wearing one glove it intensifies my feelings too. As for men in gloves, meh, whatever, its a free country, right?
Hergloveddom
Regular poster

Post by Hergloveddom »

I have a question for the Ladies, How old were you when you got your first pair of leather gloves? Was this the first time you wore leather gloves?
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

I got my first pair of leather gloves when I was in my early 20s . They were black leather cashmere lined . I still have them .
This was not the first time I had worn leather gloves. When I was a teenager I would borrow my mother's gloves. They were black leather with acrylic type lining
I'm not sure how old I was when I bought my first pair of rubber gloves. I do remember they were yellow Playtex .
operalove

Post by operalove »

mrs uni wrote: I sometimes wonder if part of the thrill is the inappropriateness. Let's face it, there are almost no situations nowadays where wearing gloves is the norm. They're linked to a past notion of femininity and glamour that I wish I'd been around to experience. Maybe part of the allure is a desire to feel feminine and glamorous in a way you don't in modern clothes.

You raised an interesting point mrs uni. I already thought about it. I also wish sometimes I was born in the last century so I can enjoy more gloved women. In the past, A woman was almost naked when she goes out without gloves. But then I ask my self. Part of our fetish is its uniqueness, that thrill when we are waiting for the moment of wearing or seeing gloves, experiencing our intimate moment, creating the fantasy in our mind.

Do you think we (or more precisely you women that would wear gloves daily like any accessory) would have developed a fetish for gloves if it was such a commen thing to wear like socks or shirts?
Meganekko
Occasional poster

Post by Meganekko »

@hergloveddom I got my first pair of leather gloves at 16 just before I went to college - I bought them with the first paycheck I ever got from my job! It was August and I knew just how much I'd struggled with the cold the winter before so decided to get some in the summer before the price and demand went up in the winter.

I was scared they wouldn't fit me at first because they were so tight but I quickly realised I just had to wear them in! I've forgotten what the lining was, I know it wasn't cashmere but they were very soft. Last year I bought some new very similar ones, I think that's my favourite style.

If we're also discussing first household gloves I bought my first ones at 16 as well - one of the sprays I used to use in the at that time used to hurt my hands a lot so I bought some cheap ones that did the job but not well (and definitely weren't fitted or visually appealing). Now I use marigold (I've bought the standard yellow ones a few times but I've also tried the longer, blue bathroom ones and the light purple sensitive skin ones just because I liked the colour a lot. I'm interested in trying some long, red ones I've seen on amazon as they'd match my hair and I liked the longer ones that I've tried previously)
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Ceramic wrote:here's one - how many of you girls likes to wear long opera gloves (material doesnt matter) for a normal going out ? (dinner\movie\etc)

i suppose its normal in europe\usa etc where its normally cold most of the year..

here in the desert (middle east\asia) - 80% of the year its damn hot :P

so almost never happens..(seeing gloved women on the street..)
Opera gloves are my favourites! Hey, I'll even settle for spandex/nylon satin effect operas because they are at least opera gloves (I wouldn't wear those fabrics in shorter gloves). But ideally I'm only really drawn to wearing latex opera gloves or leather ones of the type I'm wearing now; black, tight and ending at least 4 inches above the elbows.

I'd wear them all day every day if was a normal thing to do, but it isn't sadly. You'd draw some funny looks wearing them to the cinema/out for a meal. You could get away with elbow long gloves when the 3/4 length sleeves fashion was around about 10 years back but even that is/was quite rare. Of course I was into the look, it goes without saying!

I remember a guy on a stall/shop looking at my black leather gloved arm in surprise or something I could quite read as I went about buying something from him, like he couldn't believe the leather of my glove just kept going and going. And when I didn't take off a glove to pay either seemed to surprise him (and he wasn't the only one who has seemed to find that odd). I'm so accustomed to being gloved I'm nimble fingered enough to keep them on whatever. I have to remind myself to take my glove off in shops!

You can only really get away with opera gloves at balls and formal occasions like weddings nowadays, sadly long gloves aren't really a regular fixture over here either :(
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

operalove wrote:Another question : maybe wearing opera gloves is not obvious for you in the street, I imagine elbow length or mid-arm gloves are more common. But do you constantly look for events where you can go wearing sophisticated opera gloves? What were your costumes in last Halloween, proms or other costume events?
Yes! I do constantly look for occasions in which I could wear opera gloves! I wore some at my own wedding (cream satin) my friends wedding (black leather) a murder mystery party (black satin) and balls/dinner dances back when I was a student (black nylon). To get to wear what feels totally right for me for a whole evening/day is my idea of heaven.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Hergloveddom wrote:I have a question for the Ladies, How old were you when you got your first pair of leather gloves? Was this the first time you wore leather gloves?
I was 18 when I got my first leather gloves, wrist length black leather gloves from Marks and Spencer. Not the nicest you could buy, but the best I could snap up in a hurry while out in town with my dad. They were my first leather gloves, I'd never worn leather gloves before, I'd never even tried on leather gloves but I'd always wanted some, they struck me as ever so grown up, sophisticated and ladylike.

I'll never forget the first time I drew on my own black leather gloves; I went for drive wearing them, gripping the steering wheel with gloved hands watching how the sunlight played on my leather clad hands... it was magical. I felt like I had finally grown up!

The nearest I'd got was my mum's leather effect red gloves. They were cheap (I'd bought them for her as a Christmas present as I couldn't afford leather ones) had some slightly prickly acrylic lining and were enormous on my hands and lacked the softness of leather, but they looked almost as good on my hands as leather even if they felt a bit unpleasant to wear.

As for rubber gloves I think I was about 14,15 when first got a pair of my own. Yellow marigolds they were, nothing that exciting but they were all mine and I enjoy so many happy hours wearing them, I'd wanted some ever since I saw my mum wearing them since I was a baby/toddler she wore them for all housework tasks that involved water and I knew I had to have some, she even got me some children size ones when I was about six, I never liked them much though as they were a strange see though, natural colour not yellow or pink as 'proper' rubber gloves ought to be.
operalove

Post by operalove »

mrs uni wrote:
I remember a guy on a stall/shop looking at my black leather gloved arm in surprise or something I could quite read as I went about buying something from him, like he couldn't believe the leather of my glove just kept going and going. And when I didn't take off a glove to pay either seemed to surprise him (and he wasn't the only one who has seemed to find that odd). I'm so accustomed to being gloved I'm nimble fingered enough to keep them on whatever. I have to remind myself to take my glove off in shops!
yeah, mrs uni, I can imagine the scene and it is really sad :no: I guess it really makes you uncomfortable. If I only was in his place! I would be so staring at your gloves, that I may lose my focus :p (I would make you uncomfortable in another way haha )

Actually, it happens that I see gloved women shopping while wearing gloves. I once almost followed one just to see if she keeps the gloves on and we crossed again, she did not remove them! I was like wow, does she like wearing them or just forgot to remove them ...
And the decisive moment, as you said, is when you have to pay. I focus on gloved women when they open their purse to pay. Usually, they remove the gloves, and I get disappointed. I am not sure if I remember any situation where I saw a woman keeping her gloves and manipulating her purse and money with them.

By the way, this raised another question. You can feel when someone looks at you in an odd way like "why the hell is she wearing gloves", but did you encounter a situation when you feel that a man is focusing in your gloves with admiration or maybe desire? How does it make you feel?
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

mrs uni wrote: Opera gloves are my favourites! Hey, I'll even settle for spandex/nylon satin effect operas because they are at least opera gloves (I wouldn't wear those fabrics in shorter gloves). But ideally I'm only really drawn to wearing latex opera gloves or leather ones of the type I'm wearing now; black, tight and ending at least 4 inches above the elbows.

I'd wear them all day every day if was a normal thing to do, but it isn't sadly. You'd draw some funny looks wearing them to the cinema/out for a meal. You could get away with elbow long gloves when the 3/4 length sleeves fashion was around about 10 years back but even that is/was quite rare. Of course I was into the look, it goes without saying!

You can only really get away with opera gloves at balls and formal occasions like weddings nowadays, sadly long gloves aren't really a regular fixture over here either :(
like others said,you are the ultimate gloves female ;) maybe u should run for goverment\queen or so in ur country :D

p.s - here women almost never wear gloves,and if they do,its 99% wrist crap cotton\other lame materials...

scatching my mind now - i can't remember when i ever saw irl a girl on the street\going out\other public place that wore long gloves (of any kind)

you can't even wear it to weddings cause u'll be "racing" the bride (just like you wont wear white...lame rule of women here)

oh well,at least in my fantasy\dirty brain,all women wear gloves,24\7 :p

Return to “Glove talk forum”