Acceptance of the fetish

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Acceptance of the fetish

Post by GlovedYankee »

Wearing gloves has become easier for me as I said earlier. Today, for instance, I was wearing my cloth gloves at work while I worked on several projects and around customers. I don't wear medical gloves around them unless it is for something specific that I'd rather wear medical gloves.

This weekend I will be a convention in a social setting, so I'll be in my gloves, black leather driving gloves, and my black cotton gloves. I will enjoy wearing them and be damned what anyone thinks. I am happy to be in them, it's what counts.
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

countrylatexglover wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm [...]
Do you just wear rubber house hold gloves or latex exam gloves also? [...]
As a physician, I often wear examination gloves or medical gloves.
I take the opportunity and have for me only 30cm / 12 inch long disposable gloves.
Mostly I am in the lucky position and wear gloves whenever possible and not only when necessary.

My co-workers have provided 30cm / 12inch and regular 24cm / 9inch gloves. Some prefer the shorter gloves and others like the longer ones.

For cleaning tasks, however, we have household gloves and chemical protection gloves in 40cm / 15inch and 30cm / 12inch.
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

Post by MyHandsAreHidden »

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Hey Country,

I was at a convention today and just wanted to let you know that I wore my leather driving gloves most of the day and enjoyed wearing them. It was quite nice being open enough to wear them in front of my friends and other people. A friend asked me about them and said I was wearing to help with my arthritis but was enjoying the leather feel quite a bit. She raised her eyebrows smiled and laughed. It was a fun time, and I get to wear them all weekend.

GY
BlueFatCat123
Regular poster

Post by BlueFatCat123 »

This was the first time I was made to wear gloves in public. I was happy to do it, but at the time I did feel nervous or even embarrassed. It became normal after a while though when you see everyone else wearing them and nobody is judging you. A lot of the people I wore them around were just colleagues though, not friends.

I once did a work experience placement in a zoo for several weeks. Part of the work there was wearing latex and nitrile gloves when cleaning out the amphibians and reptiles. Many of the people who worked there also wore gloves and I'd often be paired up with a superior during placement to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. Apparently disposable gloves are necessary because amphibians are sensitive to disease and also reptiles are a vector for salmonella. Believe it or not we were expected to wear a different pair of gloves for every individual amphibian or reptile so I wore pretty much 30 pairs of disposable gloves each day. They had an alright selection of gloves too. I did take a few home when my superior wasn't looking. :p

Although I do like both household gloves and disposable gloves the disposable ones are my least favorite out of the two. If you like wearing disposable gloves publicly they're a must if you work with lots of amphibians on a daily basis. Nobody will look at you oddly and you can don as many gloves as you want in public without anyone looking at you weird.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

What do you mean you were made to?? That sounds interesting.
BlueFatCat123
Regular poster

Post by BlueFatCat123 »

Haha it sure was. All staff who worked with the amphibians were made to wear gloves. It was a requirement because amphibians are very susceptible to diseases and the zoo had a lot of expensive and endangered animals. If you didn't wear gloves or change the pair for every individual amphibian you worked with you'd risk introducing them to pathogens that could kill them. Bio-security was taken very seriously within that room. You had to glove up to even open a tank because they were storing and breeding some really rare amphibians in there that were going extinct in the wild because of foreign pathogens.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Oh okay for work I get it. At first when you said you were made the wear them I thought it was like for a date or something lol like a friend who knows of your fetish said I dare you to wear them all day sorry for the confusion! Would be a fun date though lol!
countrylatexglover
VIP

So does anyone else have an opinion they would like to share on this? I’m curious to see how many have given up caring about what their hands look like and just wear what they want. I have friends who would really wonder why I’m wearing them if I just started to all the time.

Mainly exam gloves is what I would wear but I go with knit ones too sometimes too a little less weird that exam gloves for people to see. I really wish it wasn’t weird sometimes to do it.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

It’s interesting topic that thought I’d update my responses. These days I wear my gloves more and more. We had construction going on with our end of the complex and there were many workers going about their work. I’d walk Rosie at various tine and am usually in my leather driving gloves that I use with my cane. Not any of them had anything to say and they didn’t stare either. Then this weekend I was at a convention and wore my gloves out and about. I was wearing them while in a programming* room were we were. In my comings and goings I had my gloves on which was nice. When I went to check out the merchandise in the vendors area, I walked the aisles and handled items with my gloves on, it really is quite liberating to wear amongst the crowd and no one really had anything to say. Really enjoyed this weekend.

Return to “Glove talk forum”