has anyone ever wondered why wait staff doesn't wear gloves?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

has anyone ever wondered why wait staff doesn't wear gloves?

Post by countrylatexglover »

I have always wonder why wait staff at a restaurant doesn't wear gloves besides at fancy restaurants. They take dirty plates and cups from tables all day long with other people germs on them and for cleaning tables as well They also touch your plate as you about to eat with out them as well. Has anyone every wondered about this or just me?
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: has anyone ever wondered why wait staff doesn't wear gloves?

Post by SexySurgical »

Washing cotton gloves would have to be done by the biz else people might show up w/ less than impeccable white color.
Adds to logistics and ultimately costs, high-end ventures of course have more profit margin to cover for that.

Disposable (latex, nitrile, vinyl) gloves add 'distance' and (medical) authority you don't want to have when you are 'serving.'
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: has anyone ever wondered why wait staff doesn't wear gloves?

Post by countrylatexglover »

interesting yeah I figured cotton gloves would add finances due to washing, but I never thought that it would give them medical authority. I guess it would add "distance" and people would probably wonder why they are wearing them especially now since it has never been a norm. I just always wondered how health code allows they to pick up plates with used food and dirty napkins. would love to see that be a thing and have it start up somewhere! there is the black star burger restaurant that gives its customers black gloves for eating, wish we had some places like that in the states!

Return to “Glove talk forum”