Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Post by countrylatexglover »

So wife and I went out with some friends and we keep trying to get back out slowly with people. Very limited so far because of covid. It was the one friend who I always though would have given me a hard time for wearing medical gloves in public. Now like I have said in another thread here covid has actually turned me into a germaphobe big time for real. I am very worry some about touching any public surfaces anymore without gloves.

So I wore them around these very close friends of ours and he did say something about it but only like “hey there I see you got your gloves on ehh?”
I said “yep sorry dude hope you don’t mind”. My the reply back was you gotta do you man what ever makes you feel better with this whole thing, you are your own person” made me feel so much better about it and it was a big hurtle for me, unfortunately made easier with covid.

I’m sure some of you have had this same feeling.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Looking back on this mega thread of wearing gloves in public, I cannot believe how much has changed since I started it. At one point this year is turned into a good thing todo for a short time and now they say not too because not many knew how to do it correctly except of course all those on this forum and those who have been trained properly.

I can now wear them in public without hesitation anymore but man was this not the way I ever though it would happen. I’m actually saddened by the whole thing except for the opening for the gloves that’s the only good thing We all got out of this though still not even good!

Much of me so much wishes that none of it happened and that we could go back. I know that’s not possible and things are changed permanently from here on out. I just so much miss life before this as I’m sure most of us do, except for the accept of wearing y medical gloves in public that part I hope to keep doing without any issues which unfortunately I think is possible.

Seems so surreal and so just no words for what has all happened. I have a 94 year old family member who says they have never seen anything like this before. So basically over 100 years we have never experienced anything like this.

I know this is not really about gloves but it kind of is. I mean I’m sure most of us are still walking around with them on. Has the glove wearing picked back up at all in anyone else’s regions or areas? Have people been wearing them steadily anyway? What other kind of gloves have you worn out in public beside medical or rubber gloves just because you could?

Has anyone else become either a germaphobe over this or someone like me who is just afraid to touch anything anyone else has touched anymore?
countrylatexglover
VIP

So it finally happened I found a store on vacation that said please sanitize your hand and remove your gloves. I won’t be giving them any of my business.

Very please though on the other hand to actually see places where I am not just offer gloves to customers and sanitizer but wait staff will wear them also at restaurants when I request it!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Been able to wear gloves around my family now because of all of this. I am glad they are more Accepting though it’s sad it took COVID to allow me to be comfortable about friends and family with gloves on. I mean i can we wear them out to dinner now and no issues.
Glovegeek
Occasional poster

Post by Glovegeek »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:32 pm And your right wearing disposable gloves is not really appropriate anywhere unless avoiding germs or dirt of some kind. I have never been a fan of leather gloves unless brand new as I have never liked how gloves form to my hand over tune and when stretched out I see where my knuckles have been.
Now I wear nitrile gloves out in public, weird yes of course but I really like how they feel.
One year and a global pandemic later, I stand corrected!

FYI, for leather driving gloves that cover the hand and don’t get baggy at the knuckles, try Bionic gloves. They also have some anti-vibration and other protective properties. And apparently, you can even use a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon to get a discounted pair: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/ ... ck/5444539
countrylatexglover
VIP

Glovegeek wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 am
countrylatexglover wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:32 pm And your right wearing disposable gloves is not really appropriate anywhere unless avoiding germs or dirt of some kind. I have never been a fan of leather gloves unless brand new as I have never liked how gloves form to my hand over tune and when stretched out I see where my knuckles have been.
Now I wear nitrile gloves out in public, weird yes of course but I really like how they feel.
One year and a global pandemic later, I stand corrected!

FYI, for leather driving gloves that cover the hand and don’t get baggy at the knuckles, try Bionic gloves. They also have some anti-vibration and other protective properties. And apparently, you can even use a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon to get a discounted pair: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/ ... ck/5444539
Wow yep right who knew! Who knew this would happen this year been probably the hardest year to have ever live though for my self I’m just shenof 30 so still young yet. Really sad that it took a global pandemic for me to be comfortable with wearing my disposable gloves out in public, but now I don’t leave the house without them. I never would have wished for something like this to happen. I did want it to be easier for me to wear them but never like this.

Nice find on the leather gloves! I have been more that sold on medical and surgical gloves for a while now. Have gotten more into surgical recent expired ones of course.

I have now worn my gloves in front of family and friends and still do to this day strongly. We played a game last night at dinner very few of us go together to be safe. I wore the gloves the play the game as we had to play with money, and I’m no longer touching money bare handed.

Gloves have not only become a normal thing now but medical masks also it’s just crazy!? I am wishing so much for this to all be over however I am saying my piece to family and friends to not expect to see me without them for a while.
countrylatexglover
VIP

After almost a year of the covid 19 pandemic there have been a few more big posts and comments about wearing gloves in public. Due to the freedom of people trying to protect them selves from this virus, gloves hand not only be come a normal thing even though many have choose to just wash their hands there are still those of us who choose to wear gloves in public as well as washing our hands.

I started this thread before the pandemic because I was beginning to try and wear my medical gloves out in public. Covid was not in the dictionary at this time and wearing gloves in public would have consider to be weird or germaphobic. Sine the start and very unfortunate continuation of this virus gloves and masks have become not only acceptable attire for most but a requirement. Although gloves are not a requirement due to many various reasons I still see people wearing them including my self of course.

I do believe I will continue to wear them for a long time in public spaces. My fetish and the virus have changed me into a bit of a germaphobe when it comes to touch public touch points. I have noticed that when I’m NOT wearing gloves I get a false sense of security unlike what the media has tried to teach. I touch my face way to often when I’m not wearing gloves and when I have them on it’s a wonderful reminder to not do so!

With that background being said I am curious at how any are still wear gloves out in public. Weather you did before or not. Most everyone in my community now has see it and no longer cares of course some will and always but that doesn’t matter. I do believe people will see things differently for years to come. Sanitizing surfaces and washing your hands are some best practices but only if done correctly however if not being done correctly it’s making less of a difference.

This mega thread was put here and started by my many comments about wearing gloves in public. This taboo has changed since then and I invite you to join in discussion here about doing this if have or currently do this.

I will say, this was suppose to be a positive mega thread and I do not wish to have negative comments talking down those who in anyway wear their gloves in public. There are plenty of other spaces to talk negatively about gloves and the topic has been beaten to death in my honest opinion way way more that it ever should have! Keep this thread positive please!
countrylatexglover
VIP

And sadly all good things must come to an end. That being said covid is becoming under control but people wearing gloves in public has also died with it. For some it will be missed for many others I’m sure it’s good riddance. Glad the rona is on the run for the most part let’s all do our part to keep it that way if your in a country where it’s going crazy my thoughts and prayers to you all.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

I still see it in various places, primarily at Gas Stations, sometimes at grocery stores. My favorite computer store still offers them at the door in lieu of hand sanitizer, previously they had required all who enter to sanitize their hands or put on a pair of gloves, now its optional it seems.
countrylatexglover
VIP

supernova wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 pm I still see it in various places, primarily at Gas Stations, sometimes at grocery stores. My favorite computer store still offers them at the door in lieu of hand sanitizer, previously they had required all who enter to sanitize their hands or put on a pair of gloves, now its optional it seems.
Well glad to hear it. Yes now a days I'm sure it is and will be a chose or just not at all. I too see some stragglers along with gloves on but very rare around here since most everyone is ready for no mask. though it would be interesting to see a fluctuation in no mask but still gloves.

Return to “Glove talk forum”