Opening about your glove fetish (other than in a couple)

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

operalove

Opening about your glove fetish (other than in a couple)

Post by operalove »

Hey fellow fetishists,

Many already share their fetish with their wifes and girlfriends. I shared it too with my ex-girlfriend (she knew it attracted me and we had just few pairs that she wears in bed, but she doesn't know that I also enjoy wearing them...)
After the breakup I developed my fetish more and now my own collection has really expanded. No one else knows this side of me.

I lately became friend with a girl and we are so close that we discuss really intimate subjects. We're not in couple or anything and somehow I mentioned that I have a fetish but didn't go into detail. Her first reaction was not weird, it is like, that's a normal thing. I should even go to fetish events, meet people...
But I couldn't tell her that I am really crazy about gloves and I have such a collection and everything.

So I don't know, I guess in a couple, I wouldn't mind sharing this with my partner and it will stay our intimate thing.
Going more public and sharing it with friends and other people makes me feel weird, not sure I am that confident about it.

Anybody, talking and expressing their fetish casually with other than their life partner?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Opening about your glove fetish (other than in a couple)

Post by Rommeltje »

I recently told one of my best friends about it (or more precisely: I allowed her to guess it). I already knew she has very few hangups about sexuality in general, so I figured she wouldn't think it was very weird at all, but it was still a relief how ok she was with it. And it's only been positive so far. We talk about it every now and then, (briefly, and only when there's no one else around), and she teases me about it when she puts on a pair of gloves to do some cleaning, but nothing else has changed between us - except that I now see her as an even better friend for how much she now knows about me. I also confessed my boot fetish to her, and the other day she sent me a picture she secretly made of a woman in a super hot pair of boots in the supermarket. :)))) In short, and to quote Hulk: I see this as an absolute win. :mrgreen:

Since a couple of weeks, I've also started dating a girl that I really like, so my next step might actually be the 'telling your girlfriend about your fetish' conversation. We haven't quite reached the point where we should talk about such things yet, but I'm hoping once we do, she'll be as chill about it as my friend is. I'm a bit scared for it, though. I imagine it's quite a bit different when it's not just a piece of information about a friend that you only have to accept or not, but you actually have to deal with it in a relationship.
operalove

Post by operalove »

Rommeltje wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 am and she teases me about it when she puts on a pair of gloves
Exactly that is what I am not sure about. She will probably not be weirded out about how deep is my fetish but I don't want it to become like a "joke" thing. When she wears gloves or we see gloved people around, she will be like teasing or looking at me with an evil smile :lmao:

Thanks for sharing actually, it helps to know how real friends (without these fetishes) can be considerate. Maybe I can trust her more and talk about it in one of our deep conversations. Actually, since we live in Tokyo and the kinky scene is huge here, our discussion started about that (I mentioned that I have interest in fetish/bondage) and she was like " be yourself, and go discover. If you want a push, I can check one event with you"

And man good luck with your new girlfriend! Build trust and know each other better, you will have the right moment to talk about it. It is true, that is scary. You never know the reaction but as long as she is open minded and really likes/loves you, it is gonna be fine
(yeah my ex accepted it even if she didn't understand it at the beginning. She used to tease me about gloves in the street. Sometimes it can be fun, sometimes embarassing :$ )
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

operalove wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 pm" be yourself, and go discover. If you want a push, I can check one event with you"
That's actually awesome. :) I've always wanted to go to a fetish event, as I think I might actually be able to meet some like-minded girls there. Problem is I could never do it alone, so I'd need a like-minded girl to go there in the first place. But I can't find one without going there first! It's a reverse 'chicken and egg'-situation. :)
operalove wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 pmAnd man good luck with your new girlfriend! Build trust and know each other better, you will have the right moment to talk about it. It is true, that is scary. You never know the reaction but as long as she is open minded and really likes/loves you, it is gonna be fine
(yeah my ex accepted it even if she didn't understand it at the beginning. She used to tease me about gloves in the street. Sometimes it can be fun, sometimes embarassing :$ )
Thanks! It's not actually my girlfriend yet, we're just dating. But I'm feeling a lot better about her than I have about all the other girls I've dated over the past seven years. :-)

I would actually love it is she'd tease me about (in my case) boots in the street, that sounds like foreplay to me! :D
operalove

Post by operalove »

Rommeltje wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:46 pm Problem is I could never do it alone, so I'd need a like-minded girl to go there in the first place. But I can't find one without going there first! It's a reverse 'chicken and egg'-situation. :)
Exactly, I have been hesitating a lot... I don't know what to expect there. Throw my self and meet people or find people first that can introduce me there.
I feel that I am making the step soon. I found nice people on Fetlife who seem welcoming.
I will keep you updated ;)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

So I find it easier to be open in public about my glove fetish when I am somewhere I know i won’t see anyone that i know. Can’t do it around friends or family yet because they would think it too Odd and try to tell me it’s weird or wrong. And yes for most of us here our glove fetish is based on private time but also for me and some other here it goes beyond that. I enjoy just as a fun thing to see gloves out in public wheather the situation calls for it or not. I definitely wish I could see more of it come back in fashion

I do wear my nitrile gloves driving with myself and or fiancé with me but no one else and I wear them at the gas pump as well. I will wear them around people i know if the situation might call for it even in the slightest, like cold weather for knit gloves or nitrile if we are working with a lot of food and someone else is wearing them and I try to go as long as I can without taking them off. I would probably be gloved alll the time of not a lot more if it was more socially acceptable to do, until then I will just keep it to what it has been for a while for me and see how it goes.
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

Rommeltje wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 am I recently told one of my best friends about it (or more precisely: I allowed her to guess it). I already knew she has very few hangups about sexuality in general, so I figured she wouldn't think it was very weird at all, but it was still a relief how ok she was with it. And it's only been positive so far. We talk about it every now and then, (briefly, and only when there's no one else around), and she teases me about it when she puts on a pair of gloves to do some cleaning, but nothing else has changed between us - except that I now see her as an even better friend for how much she now knows about me. I also confessed my boot fetish to her, and the other day she sent me a picture she secretly made of a woman in a super hot pair of boots in the supermarket. :)))) In short, and to quote Hulk: I see this as an absolute win. :mrgreen:
wow, I love this for you! I get why some would say that they would feel awkward because of the teasing, but personally I think it's amazing that she does that because it shows that there is not even a hint of awkwardness about it on her side, and it feels like you have both gained a new level of being comfortable around each other?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

sensualista wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pmwow, I love this for you! I get why some would say that they would feel awkward because of the teasing, but personally I think it's amazing that she does that because it shows that there is not even a hint of awkwardness about it on her side, and it feels like you have both gained a new level of being comfortable around each other?
Right? And yes, definitely. I've never been able to be this honest about myself to anyone. It's great! :D
secret_angels
Occasional poster

Post by secret_angels »

My experience:

I've never talked directly to my ex or my gf about my gloves fetish. As I was on a date or had a crush on someone, I spoke first about fashion, about which style of fashion that I like from women. If they have the same taste, then send them everyday some picture of classy/classic elegant women in gloves. Then after that, I tried to find some occasions and bought them gloves, told them I would be happy to see them wearing it, without forget to say sth like "you are so elegant so I want to make you more elegant" blablabla....time after time, when I became their lover, even if it was not their taste, they will wear gloves just because they know that I like it.

Try this way. Slowly, very slowly and with patience. Just DON'T RUSH! If you try hard enough you will end up having her always wear gloves! You will be very happy then.
operalove

Post by operalove »

I have a new experience to share about opening about my glove fetish. As secret_angels said, I usually take it smooth and start giving hints before finding the right way to tell my partner. But I had a situation so unexpected this week.

I actually met a girl and it was one time for a coffee, we stayed friends and then I had to travel and got stuck abroad because of the Covid-19. We continued talking and became really close that we considered the fact that maybe we're compatible for going out together but due to the distance we just kept talking and getting more and more honest to each other until we started discussing our sexual desires. She was quite open about it and asked me if I had any fetishes. I felt so comfortable with her and told her I hope you won't find it weird but I have a glove fetish. That was something new for her but she wasn't weirded at all. She was so curious and we talked about it, my preferences, how I see it as a fashion attractive accessory and a sexual arousing item. I like watching and touching gloved women as well as wearing gloves my self because I enjoy the feeling. She told me she can understand it even if she doesn't have such fetish and she is curious to try the experience.
So next time we will have the chance to date and get intimate, she would happily wear gloves and we can even both be gloved.
I am so excited about it and so thankful to meet someone like her.
But damn this pandemic! I can't wait to go back home

Return to “Glove talk forum”