the act of putting on gloves in public

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

secret_angels
Occasional poster

Re: the act of putting on gloves in public

Post by secret_angels »

I realised everyone who has gloves fetish and doesn't want people to notice it always has this problem while wearing/ putting on gloves in public. Me too. But if we see deeply into it, it's actually not so bad as we think, because wearing gloves is normal for normal people, just not normal for us - the fetishists, so don't be shy to wear and put on gloves in public because they don't see this act like we see.

The weirdest thing we can probably meet, is maybe there will be a gloves-fetishists nearby also while you are putting the gloves on, and they might follow you or stair at you and your gloves weirdly. And that is the problem I never wanna meet.
VintageLeather
Occasional poster

Post by VintageLeather »

I love to get ready to slip into my gloves. The act itself, when centimeter for centimeter, my own, pale skin is getting replaced with a wool/cashmere/silk/nylon + leather combination, is a highlight. But maybe also because nobody seem to wear gloves of high quality anymore. Only cheap-ass bargain bin wool gloves or nothing, probably for their smartphone.

When I pull out a lump of black, crinkled and visible soft leather, open up their entry to gently "inflate" them with my hands that slowly glides into them until they fit like an actual 2nd skin, it's great. Fine leather gloves add distance while are also inviting. It protects me from the dirty handrails in the bus and from the cold. It's humble luxury with no bling bling, and it can be a stylish thing to do...

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

sensualista wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:48 pm there's been a couple of posts about being open about your kink and about wearing gloves in public places lately, but what I find harder than the act of wearing gloves around other people is putting them on around other people.
even putting on my leather gloves when it's cold outside can feel so awkward when other people are there, possibly because I feel like it must be written all over my face that I'm feeling guilty and/or afraid that someone could realize that I have a glove kink. that feeling never really goes away while I'm wearing the gloves, but it is a thousand times stronger in those moments when I'm putting them on.

is that the same for you guys?
I totally get this, every single word of it!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

This use to bother me a lot more before the pandemic. If I wore my latex gloves in public I would but them on before I got out. Now I do it in front of everyone with out a though it has become a lot easier for me. For now anyway.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

countrylatexglover wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:54 pm This use to bother me a lot more before the pandemic. If I wore my latex gloves in public I would but them on before I got out. Now I do it in front of everyone with out a though it has become a lot easier for me. For now anyway.
For sure. I have anxiety until I see someone else do what I want to do, thereby confirming in my head that 'What I'm going to do is socially acceptable'. I'd say it's a slight irrational fear, or perhaps it's just self-awareness and paranoia of being judged. A perfect example is wearing disposable gloves in public while having a short-sleeved t-shirt on. Now that the weather is getting warm in England, I don't need a coat or jacket any more. If I wore gloves out but had a long-sleeved coat on, I wouldn't feel like people would be drawn immediately to my hands. Now I've got bare arms, it's like the gloves are a beacon for people. Once I saw other people out and about in short sleeves but with gloves on (especially attractive guys in those 'muscle fit' tops) then I relaxed a bit.

99 times out of 100 I can guarantee people won't even remotely consider you to have a sexual attraction to gloves unless they also have it. Despite knowing this, I still find it difficult. However, from feedback on the few people who know about mine IRL, and from general observations and some drunken talk about fetishism with mates in the past, the first thing people would think is that you're just phobic about germs.

It may also come down to where you live and what your communities are like. If everyone knows everyone else then maybe it's more difficult to hide. In London, I constantly feel anonymous, so if I have reservations about appearing a certain way, I try to dismiss it knowing that I will probably never see the people around me again.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Jake wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:03 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:54 pm This use to bother me a lot more before the pandemic. If I wore my latex gloves in public I would but them on before I got out. Now I do it in front of everyone with out a though it has become a lot easier for me. For now anyway.
For sure. I have anxiety until I see someone else do what I want to do, thereby confirming in my head that 'What I'm going to do is socially acceptable'. I'd say it's a slight irrational fear, or perhaps it's just self-awareness and paranoia of being judged. A perfect example is wearing disposable gloves in public while having a short-sleeved t-shirt on. Now that the weather is getting warm in England, I don't need a coat or jacket any more. If I wore gloves out but had a long-sleeved coat on, I wouldn't feel like people would be drawn immediately to my hands. Now I've got bare arms, it's like the gloves are a beacon for people. Once I saw other people out and about in short sleeves but with gloves on (especially attractive guys in those 'muscle fit' tops) then I relaxed a bit.

99 times out of 100 I can guarantee people won't even remotely consider you to have a sexual attraction to gloves unless they also have it. Despite knowing this, I still find it difficult. However, from feedback on the few people who know about mine IRL, and from general observations and some drunken talk about fetishism with mates in the past, the first thing people would think is that you're just phobic about germs.

It may also come down to where you live and what your communities are like. If everyone knows everyone else then maybe it's more difficult to hide. In London, I constantly feel anonymous, so if I have reservations about appearing a certain way, I try to dismiss it knowing that I will probably never see the people around me again.
So with what has happened I’m going to have some explaining to do with some friends when it calms down as I have developed a germ phobia for now about touching public surfaces I’m thinking about what I should do when everything calms down if ever but not sure when that will be. For now it’s easy but once we can hangout with friends it will probably get harder for me to wear them in front of everyone but at the same time I’m going to be anxious without them so hopefully they can deal with it for a while.
Ratchakay
Occasional poster

Post by Ratchakay »

Oh my god! I totally relate! I feel extremely naked when I put on a pair of gloves in front of other people. Once they're one, it calms down, but the act itself... damn!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Definitely don’t have a problem donning gloves my latex gloves in front of other anymore.

Return to “Glove talk forum”