the act of putting on gloves in public

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sensualista
Occasional poster

the act of putting on gloves in public

Post by sensualista »

there's been a couple of posts about being open about your kink and about wearing gloves in public places lately, but what I find harder than the act of wearing gloves around other people is putting them on around other people.
even putting on my leather gloves when it's cold outside can feel so awkward when other people are there, possibly because I feel like it must be written all over my face that I'm feeling guilty and/or afraid that someone could realize that I have a glove kink. that feeling never really goes away while I'm wearing the gloves, but it is a thousand times stronger in those moments when I'm putting them on.

is that the same for you guys?
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: the act of putting on gloves in public

Post by GlovedYankee »

I found in the beginning that it felt strange wearing my leather gloves out in public and even the act of putting them on felt much the same. As I’ve was doing it more and more and had encouragement from friends here it doesn’t feel weird and quite natural now. I wear my leather gloves all the time, no matter the weather. As far as the appropriate season to be wearing gloves it never felt weird to me or even pulling them out and putting them on.
Last edited by GlovedYankee on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Since I'm only (well, 90%) into household gloves, I've always been able to avoid putting them on around anyone else. But I do wear knit gloves in the winter, and whenever I have to take them off - for example to lock my bike (I don't have great dexterity with them on) - I feel very self-conscious when I put them back on again. I always feel watched, and like people can see by the way I slide straight into the fingers that I'm way too experienced at putting on gloves. :p
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

sensualista wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:48 pm there's been a couple of posts about being open about your kink and about wearing gloves in public places lately, but what I find harder than the act of wearing gloves around other people is putting them on around other people.
even putting on my leather gloves when it's cold outside can feel so awkward when other people are there, possibly because I feel like it must be written all over my face that I'm feeling guilty and/or afraid that someone could realize that I have a glove kink. that feeling never really goes away while I'm wearing the gloves, but it is a thousand times stronger in those moments when I'm putting them on.

is that the same for you guys?
So I definitely get what your saying. I always tend to make sure I’m already gloves when i wear them out. I would find it hard to donn them in front of other like that too. I even wear my watch over them to show i don’t plan on taking them off. When I first started wearing my nitrile gloves in public I did it where I knew I would run into anyone I know. I also started out wearing them and donning them publicly doing a germaphobe thing which made it easier to start. I wear nitrile gloves at the gas pump especially since I have seen some other people do it.

I was able to evolve it more when we went to some stores for things we didn’t normally go to and ones not quite as local. Some people look at me very weird and other try to make jokes to make it easier. I have been able to do it more and in more places as I have done it more. I do find it way easier to wear knit winter gloves on colder days and my excuse is actually legit. My hands get cold very easily as soon as fall hits sometimes almost too cold for my liking. I do get looks with that but not as much.

I have interacted with drive thru people and some restaurants also where they have to interact with me. They normally can’t say anything but one time I didn’t apologize to the person for wearing the gloves and the reply back was actually very friendly, curious, and accepting. Normally I wear ones that blend in better but they are still very noticeable and sometimes I have been brave enough to wear blue ones also.

I did see someone other than me wearing them one time also but that was probably germaphobia.

I wear them a lot when I drive. Because most people won’t see them as they should be focused on the road. I think the hardest time for me was the restaurant but I would try it again.

I do enjoy being gloves more so that not I just like the way my hands look in the tight nitrile (would use latex but I don’t to avoid allergies of others who I might interact with) on my hands I think they look better and feel really good. It’s not just a sexual fetish for me I just really like the way my hands look and feel better gloved.

I do not wear them around friends or family unless they are called for by cold weather and or the work environment meaning project that I need hand protection then I can get away with it. Sorry for the long post here but I wanted to say my piece about this since I am one of the members posting quite a bit about gloves in public. Glad I could spark some interest in this topic!!
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

Post by MyHandsAreHidden »

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
shed740
Regular poster

Post by shed740 »

MyHandsAreHidden wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 pm
Rommeltje wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:52 pm I always feel... like people can see by the way I slide straight into the fingers that I'm way too experienced at putting on gloves. :p
This, a thousand times this^. Wearing gloves around others isn't a problem; donning them is awful. :shy:
Definitely ditto this. In a completely vanilla, non-fetish setting once (doing some painting at my local cricket club), a good mate said how easily I seemed to put on a pair of latex gloves. Blagged it by saying I'd had experience with my brother being in hospital a lot, which with them knowing me and my family well enough, they believed, phew :shy:
countrylatexglover
VIP

shed740 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:59 pm
MyHandsAreHidden wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 pm
Rommeltje wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:52 pm I always feel... like people can see by the way I slide straight into the fingers that I'm way too experienced at putting on gloves. :p
This, a thousand times this^. Wearing gloves around others isn't a problem; donning them is awful. :shy:
Definitely ditto this. In a completely vanilla, non-fetish setting once (doing some painting at my local cricket club), a good mate said how easily I seemed to put on a pair of latex gloves. Blagged it by saying I'd had experience with my brother being in hospital a lot, which with them knowing me and my family well enough, they believed, phew :shy:
Sounds like your buddy might know a thing or two about gloves as well considering he called you out on it. I have never been called out yet on donning gloves but usually if they do that they probably like gloves a little as well. It shouldn’t be very hard to donn latex gloves enough to have someone call you out on it.

If he does like gloves also maybe he was encouraging you or giving a complement.
shed740
Regular poster

Post by shed740 »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:24 pm Sounds like your buddy might know a thing or two about gloves as well considering he called you out on it. I have never been called out yet on donning gloves but usually if they do that they probably like gloves a little as well. It shouldn’t be very hard to donn latex gloves enough to have someone call you out on it.

If he does like gloves also maybe he was encouraging you or giving a complement.
Suspect not, but you never know. To be fair he’d made pigs ear of putting a few pairs on and ripping them, amateurs eh?
countrylatexglover
VIP

shed740 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:24 pm Sounds like your buddy might know a thing or two about gloves as well considering he called you out on it. I have never been called out yet on donning gloves but usually if they do that they probably like gloves a little as well. It shouldn’t be very hard to donn latex gloves enough to have someone call you out on it.

Suspect not, but you never know. To be fair he’d made pigs ear of putting a few pairs on and ripping them, amateurs eh?
I would say so about being an amateur lol. I’m not sure what you mean about pig ears lol but if someone can’t put a simple pair of gloves on to me it looks a bit silly. I don’t why anyone should have trouble putting them on it’s not rocket science haha!
shed740
Regular poster

Post by shed740 »

It’s a British phrase (sorry if anywhere else in the world also say it), means to make a botched job of something, fun fact of the day for you

Return to “Glove talk forum”