Wearing gloves in the dentist chair.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

glovesarefun
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in the dentist chair.

Post by glovesarefun »

I've asked for latex gloves in the past and I've usually gotten them no problem. One time I asked for a pair and took them to the restroom, put them on, and jerked off. Only one dentist asked what I was going to use them for. I told her some BS story about needing them to work on my car. Of course, stealing them is fun too. :D

I did put on a pair in front of a hygienist once. I think she was a little weirded out, but I didn't care. 8-)

I haven't been to the dentist in 9 years though and I don't plan to go since they're too pricey and a lot of them have switched over to those unsexy nitrile gloves. >:((
Vinie
VIP

Post by Vinie »

Back when Covid was still a unknown thing, early 2020. At my dentist you had to wear a mask when you enter the office and obviously keep it on until she worked on the teeth. But also at entrance you'd have to disinfect hands and you would get a pair of gloves, if you didn't have your own already. Here at Eastern Europe/Balkans gloves were a big thing from March until June, then the trend started to die down, as media reports were against gloves. I have been 2 times at the dentist during this period. First time I got some nice and tight latex gloves, the other time it was some crappy vinyl ones. But again wearing the gloves wasn't really such a big deal then.
Last edited by Vinie on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

BuddyB wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:55 pm Why not just tell the dentist that you enjoy wearing them?
cause...
SexySurgical wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 am It's probably on the level of being inappropriately dressed, weird mannerisms.
Some don't care, others will file you away as either a nutter or defiant...

The small talk of any professional is of course to just calibrate your overall state, so they can anticipate.
and..
katertjekat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 pm But... why would you do that?
I can understand people love gloves, so do I, but there's a place and a time for everything :-)
we arn't in a utopia that everyone accepts everything...not yet,not in a 1000 years from now...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Ceramic wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:54 am
BuddyB wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:55 pm Why not just tell the dentist that you enjoy wearing them?
cause...
SexySurgical wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 am It's probably on the level of being inappropriately dressed, weird mannerisms.
Some don't care, others will file you away as either a nutter or defiant...

The small talk of any professional is of course to just calibrate your overall state, so they can anticipate.
and..
katertjekat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 pm But... why would you do that?
I can understand people love gloves, so do I, but there's a place and a time for everything :-)
we arn't in a utopia that everyone accepts everything...not yet,not in a 1000 years from now...
For some reason gloves make people's heads turn. nothing else does this like that. i wear a cowboy hat but get lots of compliments about that. i mean it's useful when i work on our land outside, there is no time or place for a cowboy hat besides there or outside, but i wear it in the mall to restaurants and to people's houses. no one has a problem with that lol. but the minute i have gloves on i turn heads. we don't live in a perfect world, but if people want to wear gloves just wear gloves. if you don't want too then don't simple as that. someday people might accept it as we have everything else but not right now.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

If your work\daily routine\enviorement "requires" gloves then yeah,ppl will "Accept" you even if ur gloved 24\7.

otherwise catch a plane and land somewhere,buy a pair of gloves and walk around - u'll get plenty of weird looks,cause ppl's mind is "programmed" to detect unusally sightings.

sucks,but thats the way it is sadly...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm If your work\daily routine\enviorement "requires" gloves then yeah,ppl will "Accept" you even if ur gloved 24\7.

otherwise catch a plane and land somewhere,buy a pair of gloves and walk around - u'll get plenty of weird looks,cause ppl's mind is "programmed" to detect unusally sightings.

sucks,but thats the way it is sadly...
Well everyone has their own version of what reality is. Some are much different than others. But everyone is entitled to their opinions whether we agree or not. We all have different likes and dis likes.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Vinie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 pm Back when Covid was still a unknown thing, early 2020. At my dentist you had to wear a mask when you enter the office and obviously keep it on until she worked on the teeth. But also at entrance you'd have to disinfect hands and you would get a pair of gloves, if you didn't have your own already. Here at Eastern Europe/Balkans gloves were a big thing from March until June, then the trend started to die down, as media reports were against gloves. I have been 2 times at the dentist during this period. First time I got some nice and tight latex gloves, the other time it was some crappy vinyl ones. But again wearing the gloves weren't really such a big deal then.

I can appreciate that.

Thanks for sharing Vinie

Return to “Glove talk forum”