Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Okay so yes know it wouldn’t do a lick of good considering they are not single use gloves, has anyone wore fetish gloves during this thing at all just to do it??
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:40 am also for the record my least favorite phrase right now is "false sense of security" when its said about gloves. masks can give us that also, and hand sanitizer.
For sure. Everything can be a 'false sense of security' - even hand-washing - if the person doing the action doesn't know how to do it properly. That's why there's such a big defence on wearing masks in some parts of the world, because they don't see it being effective due to a handful of idiots who don't understand what its purpose is. Those people will constantly tamper with their mask with clean hands and potentially contaminate them and spread germs anyway, leading the misguided to conclude that masks are ineffective when it is - in fact - the user who's just a nob. Same thing when you see someone on a train holding on to a pole with gloves on and then they get their phone out and start using it while still wearing the gloves. That's a perfect example of the 'gloves give a false sense of security' but that phrase should be elongated to "gloves give a false sense of security to those without sense".

The other issue I have taken umbrage with is the surfacing of the 'manliness' complex and how wearing masks, gloves, and other protection is not "manly" so "men" don't wear them for fear of damaging their pathetic ego or in case their girlfriends and/or their mates think they're 'gay or something'. You know what isn't manly? BEING DEAD. :lmao: I don't know why this is such a big thing, but I wonder if it translates the same in other countries? If you're not from the UK, let me know if you've observed the same behaviour from men in your country, or whether it's mainly a 'lad' thing for British blokes with a need to impress by demonstrating why they don't need to be protected from dangerous things like scalding water (gloves), falling objects on building sites (hard hats), or a 5000C ball of plasma (sunscreen).

I actually identified this with my flatmate a while back. Initially when we started living together (several years ago) he began to wear gloves to wash dishes on occasion but seemed to be quite eager to take them off again (presumably self-conscious as his girlfriend also lives with us; she doesn't wear gloves but that's a whole different story (she doesn't really clean anything)). In the end, he carried on washing up without gloves (possibly because I introduced a pink pair :rolleyes: Again, why's pink gotta be seen as 'gay'!) and seemed to prefer literally burning his hands - which he frequently complains about - than wearing a logically unbiased gender-neutral inanimate hand-protecting device (much cooler name).
frau surgeon
Newcomer

Post by frau surgeon »

hi i always double glove when out, gloves to drive where ever then put the second pair on to shop, removing them before getting back into the car
countrylatexglover
VIP

frau surgeon wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:21 pm hi i always double glove when out, gloves to drive where ever then put the second pair on to shop, removing them before getting back into the car
Love this idea have actually done myself a little bit! I walked in with a pair on to a place that had them at the front door when you check in and I asked if I could add pair over why I already had on. They person there said please help your self! Love that some places are offering them to the public now.
stranell
Occasional poster

Post by stranell »

Paradise right now....love corona times !)))) My girlfriend wears now almost everytime very thin kid leather gloves in public. Despite the summer weather. Cant get me eyes of of them) Couldnt even resist to take them and wear them myselves.... Happily she has rather big hands))
countrylatexglover
VIP

I know what you mean mine does the same thing and joins me with gloves anywhere we go now. She won’t wear them if we see our to dinner or just out walking around somewhere but she will If we have to go shopping for something.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Most people I know have accepted that wearing gloves for me has become normal so I will have them in from here on out. It sucks that this is what allowed it to happen but it gave the key to it being a little more normal.
stranell
Occasional poster

Post by stranell »

Yes, the corona wave triggered, sad it has to be inthat way.... Nevertheless in future wearing gloves will be much more accepted and customized. Anyway like in old times: the beauty of leather gloves worn by ladies as a statement !
countrylatexglover
VIP

stranell wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 am Yes, the corona wave triggered, sad it has to be inthat way.... Nevertheless in future wearing gloves will be much more accepted and customized. Anyway like in old times: the beauty of leather gloves worn by ladies as a statement !
Would be nice to see more gloves in public in general I agree anything would be better than nothing. Leather gloves do look nice.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

i see women driving more wearing gloves lately (occasionally men but thats rare) and usually the women/men aren't white... it's almost like white americans dont seem to care about being overly cautious in public. I do enjoy seeing them driving and wearing them and all the different types of disposables/colors.

Return to “Glove talk forum”