Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

RangaToast
Occasional poster

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by RangaToast »

Whilst I should have previously been quite excited by the idea of increased glove wearing by the wider public, the reality unfortunately tarnishes the imagination. I find that suddenly my attention and concentration can be completely disrupted by the arrival of a glove hand within my field of view. I find that my composure and especially my focus at whatever the current task is upset and my eyeballs constantly strain to gaze further at those superb gloves. How bizarre how reality can mar a dream.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I was getting herbs at Home Depot yesterday, saw numerous people still in masks, several in latest or HH gloves in addition, was nice to see.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Agreed it is nice to see I actually get sad as I see way less people wearing them now. But that is the reality we don’t need to wear gloves as long as we keep everything clean. Though I will continue to wear my gloves in public unit has become much easier and I no longer feel the need to apologize for wearing them to people at the store I interact with.
countrylatexglover
VIP

What does make me sad or mad is the store that say please remove your gloves and sanitize your hands before entering. I will either be asking if I can change mine out or do something to keep them on it has become a germ thing for me now. This is just me though to each their own. And yes I do know why they are putting these signs up I just disagree with the wording. Instead of say remove your gloves just sanitize the gloves the same as your hands. For some it would make life easier.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

a local larger computer store here has an associate at the front door and they are requiring everyone spray their hands with disinfectant before entering the store, they are also requiring masks, (and providing gloves and masks at the front door) and if you're wearing gloves they tell you not to remove them while in the store. I've always liked that store before and i like it even more now :rofl:
countrylatexglover
VIP

I would support that store as well!! To hand out gloves to people is a great idea I have heard of it but mostly from other countries than the US so much wish our media would stop negating the use of gloves and encourage it. I agree I would like that store as well!! :) :)
Last edited by countrylatexglover on Thu May 28, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
countrylatexglover
VIP

countrylatexglover wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm Agreed it is nice to see I actually get sad as I see way less people wearing them now. But that is the reality we don’t need to wear gloves as long as we keep everything clean. Though I will continue to wear my gloves in public unit has become much easier and I no longer feel the need to apologize for wearing them to people at the store I interact with.
It is nice to still see a few people with them on. But what is even nicer is now not getting looked at as weird anymore In public with them on. If you say to someone sorry for the gloves (which I did a few times way back when this was getting bad) the reply was usually oh gosh no don’t worry about it I wish I had some! Or don’t be sorry sorry at all I just ordered some of my own. This was a while ago now and most people around here don’t wear them anymore. Like I said though some still do and it’s encouraging to see still.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

Going to a wedding next week with the wife.
Will be intresting to see all the women wearing their fancy long dresses and gowns,and a mask 😄

Maybe some will wear gloves too ;)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm Going to a wedding next week with the wife.
Will be intresting to see all the women wearing their fancy long dresses and gowns,and a mask 😄

Maybe some will wear gloves too ;)
That will be interesting :8up:! We moved ours out due to all of this not manny people in our ceremony would enjoy wearing a mask let alone gloves lol. Just make sure to keep your cool 😎! My mind would be scrambled lol.

Would you be willing to tell us if anyone actually does wear gloves at the wedding for our sheer curiosity??
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

Highly doubt any would wear gloves,but sure i'll report back in here 🤣
Hoping this wedding will happen tho..the goverment allowed upto 250ppl in events,now they might lower it to a 100...

Return to “Glove talk forum”