Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Thought I would dig this up again. I have found my self to be the only customer these days still wearing them out it’s disappointing only because i know I’m like the only one who wants to even fit protection. I say that because some employees still wear them. At this point no one cares anymore and in my area people have begun posting where they can go without wearing a mask to let others know so they don’t have to wear them either.

I cannot find a point to PBA where you can go without wearing a mask. I also now get looks again from friends wondering why I still wear gloves. I try to keep them on but these days it’s now tough. Although the virus has gotten worse here I still can’t believe people are making such a big deal about wearing a mask. I have never seen anything like it. Some people will actually walk out Olof they have to wear one and not look back. It’s like watching some kind of segregation documentary with actual footage.

All that aside gloves are a thing of the past. The only thing with that I see is how the virus still continues to spread without gloves as there is no sanitizer anymore out for people to use and very few still wipe the carts down anymore. Whole thing just makes me wish this would all be a thing of the past.
countrylatexglover
VIP

It’s getting old that anytime I do a search for glove content or article with out being too specific just to look up gloves, everyone thing goes right to:
Gloves are not good for Covid, reasons why you shouldn’t wear gloves, gloves don’t protect you from Covid in fact the exact opposite, gloves are dangerous. This is not what I want to see or read about! No wonder people don’t wear gloves anymore, the internet just tells you how bad they are. I wish this would change. Literally just typed gloves lol and get all that.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

yup,the net is filled with annoying ppl saying all the wrong things.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So in all fairness really glad that masks and gloves are going away and the virus is going down! It’s a dream come true to finally be out of this nightmare we have all experienced. I understand some places are still fighting with it but the cases here are way down and deaths are null and void from it.

Only thing I do miss is being able to wear gloves in public. This going to be something I almost no longer do. Unfortunately many people are happier around me now that I have stopped or slowed down on wearing them. I am not happy with it but i know we must sacrifice some things in our life to make others happy or be apart of normal society. Some here might disagree with this.

It is really sad for me to see that we cannot wear gloves I our normal day to day life without getting looks. But every other accessory under the sun is normal. And the fact that celebrities can wear them without ridicule makes me even more sad. I will never understand and I have told my wife this. She is happy that I’m not wearing them as much and I guess that is all that matters.
I will deal with it as best I can and wear them when ever I get a chance to but I am trying to slow down on wearing them. Does feel good nope it doesn’t but guess I will get there eventually.

It was a dream come true for me to wear latex gloves without weird looks and to wear them whenever I wanted. It happened under to most unfortunate reasons but it did happen. Glad we are out of it but against sad I cannot wear gloves anymore with getting lots of looks and questions.

And even worse in my opinion we are now begging to catch colds and other viruses again didn’t miss that one bit!!
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

going away? nah
the covid is likely to stay here with us,it will just become like a normal flue that u get and some days later - get rid of.
here it seems new varient is up on the way....
stay safe ppl,no fucking around (pardon my french :))
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:59 am going away? nah
the covid is likely to stay here with us,it will just become like a normal flue that u get and some days later - get rid of.
here it seems new varient is up on the way....
stay safe ppl,no fucking around (pardon my french :))
Well, no covid isn't going away, but wearing gloves in public for protection is now a thing of the past unless you have seen it. covid will always be around your right it has begun to turn in to a cold instead of a deadly virus, at least here where I'm from. Masks are still being worn but gloves nope.. People are totally okay with touching germs again and do not care anymore. I wouldn't even say they are washing their hands because I entered a public rest room quick and two guys went in and did the quick rinse and left, drives me nuts. Don't even bother if your just going to get your hands wet and not use soap, that is just even common curtesy lol :lol2:
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

wearing gloves in public was always a thing,sadly
i wish all kinds of gloves would be as a normal clothing item (boots\pants\dresses)...so if anyone (male or female!!!) would wanna wear some to somewhere,anywhere,anytime - nobody would bat an eye\see him as a wierdo

but oh well,here i go dreaming again...(after night shift)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:25 pm wearing gloves in public was always a thing,sadly
i wish all kinds of gloves would be as a normal clothing item (boots\pants\dresses)...so if anyone (male or female!!!) would wanna wear some to somewhere,anywhere,anytime - nobody would bat an eye\see him as a wierdo

but oh well,here i go dreaming again...(after night shift)
I totally agree!! I will
Never understand why people are so afraid to cover their hands. We literally cover everything else but our heads and hands. To be honest I actually didn’t wear nitrile gloves this morning for a bit and felt naked. I have been doing this for a long time now. Wearing nitrile gloves any chance I get. Wife has in a way accepted it but doesn’t love it. Most of our friends and family think I’m a little weird for doing this. I don’t understand why wearing gloves makes your weird. I get that rubber gloves aren’t really normal but why are gloves so weird to wear. I even wear cotton gloves and people ask why.

Funny enough more celebrities are wearing them than they have in the recent past which is nice. And the question I have had in my head is why. Like someone says I don’t understand the gloves? Well I don’t understand the importance of a always being barehanded? Ot me it’s actually become weird that we don’t cover our hands but we cover everything else. The phrase dirty hands makes an honest living while it makes sense doesn’t need to apply anymore. I totally think gloves should be not only more acceptable but worn way more often!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

countrylatexglover wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:32 pmWell I don’t understand the importance of a always being barehanded? Ot me it’s actually become weird that we don’t cover our hands but we cover everything else.
I wonder if it's a primal or tribal thing inside us all... similar to the handshake's meaning of "I'm not carrying a weapon", perhaps bare and visible hands show we are unarmed and unthreatening to others? When they are covered, it becomes disconcerting.

Still, I wholly agree it shouldn't be odd, given that we cover our other limbs with socks etc. But perhaps as hands with opposable thumbs are so front-and-centre of human beings' advanced existence, it might not be wholly surprising that people are keen to keep them in view and in full dexterous use.

Saying this, I still see people on the London Underground daily with disposable gloves on. At this point, it's mainly those who appear older and more vulnerable who wish to take additional precautions. However, I did see a chap on a train today in some lovely black latex gloves and a fashionable mask and gave him an affirmative nod!
unotiempo
WWGFA donor

Post by unotiempo »

started a media women in tight medical gloves :)
 ! Message from: SexySurgical
Subject: media women in tight medical gloves covid edition thread
unotiempo wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:53 am {}
Last edited by SexySurgical on Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Glove talk forum”