Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Agreed I wish it would pick up more than it has. A few more people are starting the trend again as school start up and it flares they are being more cautious. Funny thing is our media here keeps adding articles teaching the false sense of security. I hope less people listen as I have seen it pickup a little more.

My next thing to think about is medical gloves over winter gloves as it gets colder.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So has the gloves in public part of covid completely almost gone by? are we getting to just masks and that's it. i was thinking with the second wave in the US we would see some more gloves due to people just saying i really don't want this so im going back to gloves! Does seem like gloves will not be looked at as weird as they use to be.

Do any of you still wear your gloves out in public to the stores and such?
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

I'm curious how the move into winter time here will affect that with people wearing gloves, the past few months in my state i rarely see folks in public wearing them except for certain locations and then it's usually just the employees themselves. Rarely are actual customers wearing them anymore. I get it that all the science is saying they aren't needed and just to wash your hands while you're out and and all that so it's not really super surprising.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Your right there, I also still see it but far and few between. I wish someone had posted some kind of video showing the cross contamination with bare hands because it is happening.

Science says there is no reason for them however I’m seeing article say they recommend wearing them now if your going to touch high touch points like atms or gas pumps again. Most people will not wear them anymore cause they just don’t care or believe they are more harmful than good.

I am curious also they will probably tell people not to wear winter gloves anymore to avoid cross contamination lol. I wonder if all the antiviral gloves that are coming out will help with that. Either way I still wear mine every day when I go out and even at home sometime for my constant hand washing now. They say to just wash your hands while your out but I have yet to see everyone doing that and just killing skin with hand sanitizer lol.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I think the trend died down in London about halfway into lockdown, but that also coincided with British summer, so potentially people just felt unfashionable walking around wearing gloves in short sleeves. I certainly did! Now the weather's getting colder, I think people will consider disposable gloves when going out... Trouble is, not all disposable gloves are insulating, so people wearing vinyl (why would anybody do that :( ) would just assume that all disposable gloves wouldn't be insulating. I think a nice pair of latex gloves would be way better than thick winter ones :P
countrylatexglover
VIP

agreed that latex gloves though gloves in general would be a nice way to keep the spread down even more. i bet they try and tell us that wearing winter gloves causes cross contamination and to not wear them lol, go to a gloveless world. though some still don't believe them which is good. disposable gloves alone are not warm at all correct. but as a layer under winter gloves they are great.

gloves in general would help lower the spread of germs either way just because our germs would spread less to things that are apparently super clean. it would just be nice to see gloves come back, it was very sad to see everyone stop wearing them and i back to the dirty looks lol. people stare at me now a lot like why are you still wearing those! i am not going to touch any public surface for a long time. many people in my life are use to me wearing them now. i don't trust everyone to actually be sanitizing everything, and i have seen people go out of a bathroom and not wash their hands so...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Has anyone see an increase In glove wearing where you are? I see some places are starting to make it mandatory for public transit and what not. I still see some people wearing gloves to the store at least one Or two usually.
I know I haven’t stopped since it began and I don’t plan on it especially since we are going back up with reported cases.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

nope,no gloves here at all,not even in the supermarkets...

we had a month semi-lockdown,in the previous round it was free on entrance,now not anymore.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Starting to see it here more now. Some people doing it by choice with it spreading more so now. Other are being required to at their job unlike before.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

During the first lockdown here you saw plenty of gloves; it was the tail end of winter so still cold and you had to queue to get in shops so there were plenty of winter gloves about plus a growing number of PPE type gloves. I stuck with my leather gloves until it got too warm; should it be necessary to touch my face and I figured it would be better if I was wearing my usual leather gloves as I would naturally take off a glove if I needed to do that. That's not as easy with disposable gloves, which would increase my likelihood of catching stuff and defeats the point of wearing them in the first place! When the mask rule came in it seemed to reduce the number of glove wearers in supermarkets. Maybe it being summertime played a part in terms of the discomfort of wearing rubber gloves in hot weather, the virus seemingly tailing off and summer generally not being a time people catch viruses. I suspect now its November there will be lots more gloves again in public. Majority people I saw while out yesterday were gloved despite it not being cold outside (I know I was throughout, naturally). I'll be keeping a better watch for gloves than ever when I'm out next, I'll certainly be wearing leather gloves every time, or nearly every time I go out. If it helps in any way not to spread or catch viruses that's a plus, but I'd be wearing them for warmth and because I'll take advantage of any opportunity I can to be leather gloved that's going.

Return to “Glove talk forum”