Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Hunter32

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by Hunter32 »

Passed by a clinic today and saw an attractive looking female in blue scrubs, white gloves and a surgical mask talking to someone in a car. Could not help but get hard thinking about it. I almost turned around for a second look
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

In the UK, London is the focus of the media at the moment because of all the Tube (underground/subway) passengers... For those who don't know, train frequency has been reduced, so during commuter peak hours, it's still 'busy' (i.e. in every train car, one is shoulder to shoulder with another person).
It's a great place to catch two things:
1) Covid-19
2) Lots of agitated people in gloves and masks
If you don't mind missing out on the first of the two, you can still see the second at quieter hours!

I had to make a trip today and couldn't resist putting on my new favourite gloves for the occasion:
IMG_8197.jpg
Microflex SafeGrip - not often I find blue gloves that are latex and not nitrile.

I usually wear a cycling mask (PM2.5) out and about anyway for pollution and allergies, so this wasn't so novel (I don't really know what my appeal with masks is, but there's something about 'em). I've not worn latex gloves out in public beyond the bin storage in my building, so this was a very liberating experience. Couple this with the fact that everyone else I saw had masks and gloves on made for a very fun excursion despite the country being on lockdown. I saw some less common colours out there, so people have been doing good hunting for the rarer gloves!

Sadly, some people disappointed me by only wearing polythene or vinyl gloves. This is a problem for two reasons: 1) there's no appeal in a transparent glove for me. Might as well not be there. 2) Both are pretty poor in terms of protection. I've always found vinyl gloves to be porous to the point where it's almost dangerous to use them for any kind of protection. Unfortunately, people who aren't so interested in glove politics or molecular makeup may never understand this; in much the same way that people who wear masks/gloves then touch their faces or contaminate their phones by touching them with gloves on having just touched a pole or a door handle or whatever (getting angry here).

So usually London is heaving with tourists with cameras. Today it was just locals like me; a few builders; and the old bill. I was happily able to snap some good photos of deserted landmarks (yes, I changed gloves after handling my phone) then headed over to Tesco to get what I needed. Big old queue of masked gremlins outside waiting 2m apart (there were markers taped to the floor to indicate where to stand) and a bouncer with nice tight yellow gloves on letting no more than 15 people in at a time. Anyone without disposable gloves had to put some on before going in :up:

I for one am glad this is all getting people to think about cleanliness a bit more. As somebody obsessively clean who lives with people who are... less so... it's great that we're all more conscious and caring for ourselves. As has already been mentioned in this thread, I concur that - at least in urban areas - glove and mask hygiene and use will become more prevalent now. I know the media says gloves don't help, but they certainly do if you use them right. We just need to educate everyone!
London's already there with masks, as the Asian cultural influence over the last decade has been growing. I wear mine every day for my commute as I'm usually face-to-face or face-to-armpit with someone, and neither are pleasant. And as I've said it to those I live with countless times: if I could take public transport wearing rubber gloves without getting weird looks all the time, I absolutely would. 2,000,000 people use the Tube every day and most of them touch parts of the train while they're on it. That's some excellent transmission ammunition right there.

countrylatexglover wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:01 pmAfter what I have seen people do then touch a public gas handle or shopping cart I won’t touch them bare handed again.
Might you be referring to this? :lmao:
(Spoiler tl;dr: it's one thicc boi - prepare yourself)
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Yup that’s the one. I have also seen the pump gloves commercial and have to believe some one has actually sneezed then touch the handle. I don’t want to deal with that at all. They help my mind till this whole thing is done and I am still surprised at how many others have joined the bandwagon but do like to see a lot of people caring about not getting it nice to see.
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Has anyone seen people walking around wearing household rubber gloves?

Celebrity wise - having a browse of a few random instagrams - two pairs of pink household gloves (Clean Ones) were brought by Kate Beckinsale according to her instagram
pond

Post by pond »

It has been nice seeing gloves in public. The only problem with all of it though is, improper use. My wife is a nurse and says gloves are only good if you dont cross contaminate. Meaning if you use them as a barrier at gas pumps or groceries store. Dont touch your phones, wallet, keys etc. Romove them before paying, or touching other items. Otherwise they dont do
Much. See a lot of people in store wearing gloves but also on there phones, paying with them etc. Pretty much negating the purpose of it.

For me, it gives me a chance to wear them without all the looks but if you doing it for health and safety reason. Do it properly. Thanks
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

pond wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:23 pm It has been nice seeing gloves in public. The only problem with all of it though is, improper use. My wife is a nurse and says gloves are only good if you dont cross contaminate. Meaning if you use them as a barrier at gas pumps or groceries store. Dont touch your phones, wallet, keys etc. Romove them before paying, or touching other items. Otherwise they dont do
Much. See a lot of people in store wearing gloves but also on there phones, paying with them etc. Pretty much negating the purpose of it.

For me, it gives me a chance to wear them without all the looks but if you doing it for health and safety reason. Do it properly. Thanks
Agreed. I wear them out a lot right now and eve getting away with it in the house lol. How ever when out in public we wear them for the protection and then I taught the family how to remove them safely. Have a few boxes to go through. I have the most for my self as i wear them now every time I leave the house. We don’t touch anything else and change out the gloves also. I have been trained on proper donning and doffing them so thought it to those who cared.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I've also noticed people are discarding them in the street rather than disposing of them correctly and sensibly... really dumb. I bet they don't even take them off properly.

A few years ago when I worked in retail, we had a kitchen prep area where single-use gloves were required before handling food. This one guy would remove his like household gloves, by pulling each finger up and away from his hand. I let him do it for a week or so before it did my nut in and I just told him straight how to do it properly :lol:
passer123
Regular poster

Post by passer123 »

gekko
WWGFA donor

Post by gekko »

There are many cons and pros in this pandemic situation, but yes.. The biggest and best pro of em all. Seeing hot females wearing rubber gloves in public! Also i have to use the gloves at my work!
Jake

Post by Jake »

gekko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:17 pmAlso i have to use the gloves at my work!
I'm working from home... so I now also wear gloves at work ;)

Return to “Glove talk forum”