Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by countrylatexglover »

I agree most find gloves uncomfortable and useless. It’s unfortunate because if our hands are not properly cleaned we are still cross contaminating the virus to everything we touch phones, face ect. Scares me to think of how many people aren’t wearing gloves and are okay with touching everything someone else has touched. Weird to think last year we would have given it a though but now we are all experts.

Actually went out to dinner last night gloves and masks of course lol. I asked if the bartender would wear gloves for us to serve us. I was told it’s better for him to wash his hands more than wearing gloves. I agree with that if he was a actually doing that but here again he was cross contaminating everything. He would grab used plates and the clean cups after without washing hands at all that bothered me a bit. We were lucky as it was quite when we got there. As we finished up he started doing that. But how is it better for him not to wear gloves if he’s just going to cross contaminate anyway bare handed. It made me feel so much better to see gloves on than not. Maybe this is the fetish in me talking but many places are starting to mandate their employees to do so if serving food. I actually don’t like taking food from someone to go or dining in if they aren’t wearing gloves.

It will be interesting to see if the gloves start back up again with the virus getting worse. Yes I will be keeping an eye out too hoping to see if more come about. I truest think it would help slow the virus down mostly if we wore the gloves to keep our germs to ourselves not just to Protect from touching the virus.
stranell
Occasional poster

Post by stranell »

Summer is comming but thanks to corona I and my wife will continue to take oppertunity. She now always wears thin kid leather gloves in almost up to the elbow lenght.... Love to watch her in that way together with knee high boots in the shops)) Specialy when I notice that customers looking at her with envyness ! She spoiled already a few pair cause they re quite vulnerable....but anyway before throwing them away we have a lot of enjoyable moments with them even with holes and tearing them apart during ;-)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Well all good things must come to an end. Thank goodness for corona starting to see a break down and is getting under control in the states. If your in a country where it is going crazy I wish you the best and stay safe!

I’m saddened to see the gloves have totally gone away. I understand that they are not necessary for covid protection and weren’t helping much. As a medical gloves lover it was nice for a time to see many people wearing them out in public I didn’t feel alone in that aspect for a short time so to say. I still do this though I take my mask off now where I can but I leave my gloves right on for now. Comments are made but I just don’t care.

If anyone else is still doing this let me know or if in the lone Wolf on it now that is fine also. To all on this forum I do hope you have stayed safe from this virus and if your fighting it or have fought it so have I. The whole thing has really awoke me to germs and how to prevent them.

I was wearing my medical gloves in public before this in places I knew I wouldn’t see anyone and now I wear them in front of who ever. They have really helped me get through the pandemic and most who matter to me don’t say anything.
stranell
Occasional poster

Post by stranell »

Yes dont mind about others remarks... I ve got my GF now so far that she wears tight yellow rubber household gloves in public ;-) Think lot of folks would like to but dont dare....anyway the look at them under her short sleeves now is arousing....
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

lucky guy :)
agreed about lots wanna wear outdoors,but dont dare...sad reality really.

here only on first lockdown when ppl got real paranoid i saw some women being gloved at supermarkets etc (around march\april last year)
after that - nada...
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

stranell wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:14 ammy GF now (...) wears tight yellow rubber household gloves in public (...) the look at them under her short sleeves now is arousing....
Rubber gloves and short sleeves in public? Now that sounds like a sight to behold! :w00t:
stranell
Occasional poster

Post by stranell »

Yeah sure)) Took me a while to convince her..... Bought a few in advance and explained they 're most protective ;-) Few of 'm are already a bit worn out (even a bit teared) with that lovely mixed scent of rubber and swet.... Love that lovely sound when she put 'm on and of again.... Last monday a couple behind us observed her....cant even guess what they thought about) Lets hope an entertaining evening for them ahead cose I saw the woman returning and buying a pair or 2 of similar household gloves too))))
Dragonite
Occasional poster

Post by Dragonite »

Found out some cashiers arround my house still wear latex or vinyl gloves.

I hope it stays even after the pandemic
Max

Post by Max »

Im wearing my tight surgical gloves for shopping in grocery stores. First I was a little unsure about it but now its normal for me. First I thought all the time what people my think but this is gone now. Most of them arent even notice them. But only with long sleeve sweaters, thats how I like them most. I convienced my GF to wear her pink gloves some times too. The only good thing covid brought to the world.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Thought I would dig this up again. I have found my self to be the only customer these days still wearing them out. I say that because some employees still wear them. At this point no one cares anymore and in my area people have begun posting where they can go without wearing a mask to let others know so they don’t have to wear them either.

I cannot find a point to PBA where you can go without wearing a mask. I also now get looks again from friends wondering why I still wear gloves. I try to keep them on but these days it’s now tough. Although the virus has gotten worse here I still can’t believe people are making such a big deal about wearing a mask. I have never seen anything like it.

All that aside gloves are a thing of the past. The only thing with that I see is how the virus still continues to spread without gloves as there is no sanitizer anymore out for people to use and very few still wipe the carts down anymore. Whole thing just makes me wish this would all be a thing of the past.

Return to “Glove talk forum”