Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Wearing gloves in public coronavirus edition?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Yeah probably not so disappointing to see that no ones wears gloves anymore because the media told them not too. But hopefully it goes well for you seems we are going backwards a bit though as we are seeing a rise in cases in the us.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

When I was out this week I saw several shoppers wearing medical gloves. In fact a family of 4 came out of the parking lot in front of me and she pulled out gloves and gave a pair to each of her family members, which they then did and she has commented do not take them off until we are back outside. I was amused.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Post by supernova »

I see people wearing gloves while driving once and a while now, more masks of course... i haven't really done much shopping or anything in the past 2 months or so, grocery store every other week or so maybe and even people wearing gloves there has gone down a bit but i still enjoy seeing them around :biggrin: ,oh i did have to visit a local Mall recently to an Apple store, apple is taking temperatures of everyone entering and everyone is wearing gloves and many customers inside the malls are wearing gloves as well as masks, its a weird environment to be in for sure seeing everyone walking around wearing gloves and masks like its normal
countrylatexglover
VIP

Some people around here are still wearing them. I wish more were for sure very far and few between. With the lack of people doing it now I wish they were easier and cheaper to get now. Since we have have a rise in cases in the us maybe more with come out of it we will have to wait and see. Here’s hoping though!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I saw a recent survey which revealed British people were the most reluctant in Europe to adopt any form of PPE. Reasons cited were mainly to do with feelings of self-consciousness or embarrassment.

[Opinion]As a society, we Brits definitely have a "safety in numbers" attitude and constantly seek positive reassurance by looking at others and mimicking their actions as norms. Therefore, if one sees another wearing gloves and a mask while out, they're more likely to either a) feel reassured that they're still doing the right thing if they're wearing them; or b) feel validation about the practice and might build the confidence to wear them next time they're out.

Obviously this isn't inclusive of every single Brit, but I've noticed fashion trends have always been this way here.

For London, I'm still seeing quite a few shoppers in gloves at supermarkets but not in many other places now. I went to the supermarket without gloves for the first time this week since March and it was psychologically difficult. I felt extremely conscious of every foreign atom my fingers were making contact with. While I totally understand the discouraging articles in the media about wearing gloves at the supermarket, the argument is just as flawed as the "masks do nothing" argument circling back in April: if the user knows how to use it properly, there's no negative implication. There's little difference between picking up something with them on or with them off. The argument of "what if your gloves are contaminated and you touch something?" can be countered by "what if your hands are contaminated and you touch something?"
It's impossible not to transmit "stuff" while in a supermarket unless you've only gone in for one thing. I wear gloves now because I'm so conscious of having something touch my bare hands and then having a Lady Macbeth moment when I get home of trying to convince myself that my hands are clean. That's my only reason. I don't do it to prevent the spread per se. I keep the gloves as contaminant-free as possible during the trip but that's all anyone can do.
weasel2000
Regular poster

Post by weasel2000 »

Went to a restaurant the other night, they had tables pretty far apart, wasn't crowded either. The server was a cute girl with really pretty eye's (wearing a mask) and she had on some tight transparent...possibly vinyl exam gloves as she was serving food. She had on dark purple nail polish that showed through very nicely.
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Jake wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 am I saw a recent survey which revealed British people were the most reluctant in Europe to adopt any form of PPE. Reasons cited were mainly to do with feelings of self-consciousness or embarrassment.
Canadians are the same way. In some larger cities mask use is mandatory but in smaller places it is optional and many seem to "go with the flow".

I still wear a mask (as do between 25% to 50% of people I see shopping, depending on the time of day) and gloves. The gloves allow me to sanitize more often without irritation. Some places make you use _their_ sanitizer on the way in and some of those are downright awful - I just sanitize the outside of my gloves (and my skin isn't dried-out like a prune yet).
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

sry about the late reply..

so the wedding was nice,bride and groom wasnt wearing masks tho
the females wasnt wearing much of long fancy gowns,tho my wife did (blue long to the floor we bought her a week before :D )

so it was an average event...nothing much to write bout :(

oh well..
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ceramic wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:34 am sry about the late reply..

so the wedding was nice,bride and groom wasnt wearing masks tho
the females wasnt wearing much of long fancy gowns,tho my wife did (blue long to the floor we bought her a week before :D )

so it was an average event...nothing much to write bout :(

oh well..
We glad the wedding was actually a fun event! It happens sometimes no news is good news especially nowadays. If people don’t have to wear it they won’t lol. Masks are mandate gloves are not so naturally everyone will stop wear gloves sad but true.
countrylatexglover
VIP

I am still wearing them everywhere. I do see some poeple wearing different kinds of gloves these day just to have the protection.

Return to “Glove talk forum”