Covid-19, running out of gloves

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

pond

Covid-19, running out of gloves

Post by pond »

So this corona virus is putting a whole in my collection. Dont get me know, i have lots of gloves left but i use them for BBQing (i use charcoal, so to get the charcoal going). Cleaning, dishes, public use. I am off cause of the virus so i do more of this than regular. So i am at 50% of what i had. But the problem is, half of my supply is for the wife, not my hands. Little to small for everyday use. But amazon and stores shelves are bare. Checking everyday so i can re-stock. But hard times for glove fetish folk.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Covid-19, running out of gloves

Post by countrylatexglover »

Same problem I am worried about running out as well. I keep an eye out online and just get what i can. Keeping the stock is the important part. If you have them now just order more as you can and wait for them.

I also wish we would teach people how to use them properly instead of say they are bad. They are not bad we just need to use them the right way. Most people aren’t wearing masks correctly either but no one is complaining about that just gloves. And I’m tired of it.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

You can find/buy gloves from several places besides Amazon and eBay. Try Hardware stores, Restaurant supply, Garden Centers, Automotive stores. They all sell gloves of one type or another. Hope that helps!
countrylatexglover
VIP

I have to look at places that sell small and xs as we have small hands. Medium is big on me lol.
pond

Post by pond »

Most stores in my area are closed or curbside pick up. And out of stock when it come to canada. Plus most of them have shity gloves. Also hardware store usually only keep large on the shelve. Cause everyone hands are large to them. I looked on ebay but the markup is ridiculous and not worth the shipping fee to my place. $15 for the gloves plus 15-20 for shipping.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Same with everything being closed and no stores have gloves in stock. And those that do all have large and that doesn’t work for us either. The mark up i have come to terms with as I feel that I need them now. I do not want to touch any public surface bare handed anymore. Once this all calms down I hope they will be more readily available and hope that some people stick with Wearing them. This virus is no joke.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I was able to visit True Value Hardware store online and see the gloves i wanted and ordered them direct from the store, paid for them and went to pick it up.
greenyrst

Post by greenyrst »

Fortunately having a fetish for heavy rubber gloves means I can wash and reuse as often as in like. Feel for all you guys n girls into disposables in the current climate.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Just curious with front line workers needing them the most aren’t there company’s solely getting gloves to them and not selling to other people? Cause they are still very hard to find and when I see them I try to get them. There are gloves you cannot but as the are prioritized for front line.

If other people are slowing down on wearing them why are they still so hard to find. Around here many people have stopped wearing them which is fine. Figured it would make them easier to get but not so much.
Around here people are telling you to just wash your hands and get back to normal. I just laughs and keep walking because we are never going to get back to normal. I for one can no longer touch a public surface bare handed I use to not worry as much but this ya made me full blown germaphobe.

Return to “Glove talk forum”