Do you think the pandemic will cause more people to develop medical glove fetishes?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

BlueFatCat123
Regular poster

Do you think the pandemic will cause more people to develop medical glove fetishes?

Post by BlueFatCat123 »

I've read a lot of stories about people who have household glove fetishes in the UK because they spent a lot of time around dinner ladies in schools as children. I believe this initial exposure to gloves was something that influenced my fetish also.

Currently with the pandemic happening a LOT of people are wearing gloves in public or at work. Do you reckon the pandemic will increase the number of glove fetishists in the future?

I reckon in the future medical glove fetishism will become more common. The whole reason gloves are so hard to find right now is because everyone is buying them to put them to use. It seems likely this event will cause a larger portion of the younger generation to develop fetishes for medical gloves. You see them being worn everywhere right now and when countries loosen their lock downs I'm certain people will continue to wear gloves. Gloves possibly weren't as common during our childhoods as they are now. I really wonder what impact it's going to make or if it'll even be noticeable in years to come. What do you guys think?
shed740
Regular poster

Re: Do you think the pandemic will cause more people to develop medical glove fetishes?

Post by shed740 »

I’d say probably not, it may however perhaps ‘enlighten’ someone to their fetish which they were not fully aware of, or had an understanding of. I tried to read a bit around fetishes and kinks in my earlier 20s to make sense of why I feel a certain way about gloves (I reckon I actually fall into having a kink rather than a fetish in the true sense), and they seemed to me to be something hard wired into us. As an example, my ex was happy to indulge in my fetish when having sex, and she will have gotten some sexual gratification from it, but I would not say she would have developed a fetish, as she would be perfectly able to reach an orgasm/arousal without them. To put it another way, a ‘vanilla’ person seeing a people wearing gloves in public is highly unlikely for it to make the link to the part of the brain associated with arousal. I think for us fetishists, we have a radar for spotting someone gloved much faster than the ordinary person, right now you could say we’re undergoing almost sensory overload.

In time I don’t see it becoming mainstream to wear gloves in public and it will fade away. I’m of the firm opinion it creates a false sense of security which could impact the fight against this virus. Plus as a doctor interviewed on the BBC quite early on put it, medical gloves just are not design to withstand the robust wear and tear of daily life and activities. That and the shear volume of waste it would create would be phenomenal if we all wore say 10 pairs a day.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Do you think the pandemic will cause more people to develop medical glove fetishes?

Post by countrylatexglover »

There will probably be a mix of people who will become med fet or glove fest out of it, and I think a lot of people will never want to see gloves again lol. Unfortunately just what I see happening.
Hopefully more so the ones who do like them! Especially the ones who have role played for pandemic fetish videos. Or even those who have tried with gloves and masks for fun maybe it will stick one can only hope!
pond

Post by pond »

So i think as a development into a “Glove Fetish”, thats a no. But as the incline of mask and gloves used in the bedroom, yes a lot of people like to spice up the fun in the bedroom, without actually having a fetish. Also i think people may enjoy the feel of gloves more. It something different and can change things up from there normal “kinks” (i use the term loosely). But i think mask we will a bigger impact cause it doesn't changed the feel for some
People, and more likely to find it sexy on a women for visual purposes.

I think gloves and mask will be used more for sex then before, but not cause it is a fetish.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I don't think BlueFatCat meant that it might turn people with already fully-developed sexualities into glove fetishists.

A fetish - according to the currently prevailing theory at least - starts at a young age, with a specific experience associated with the object of your (future) fetish.

So it's not too far fetched to think that, now that gloves seem to be everywhere, more children who are currently having such an experience, will associate it with gloves, thus resulting in more glove fetishists in the future.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So now I understand. Yes I bet you there will be now that gloves have been come more of a norm and many videos now have them in it they could be a rise in glove fetishest although considerably more in medical gloves than anything else. Also as now they seem to want to wear the protection more some people who would have never gotten a chance to wear them might see how good they feel on their hands and really like it! I
willbull
Occasional poster

Post by willbull »

Personally I hope it opens more people up, not sure if it will create more but at least make them feel more comfortable to act on it. I think the masks will be just as big, if not bigger. It can definitely be sensory overload if you have both fetishes, like me. I just try to take it all in and enjoy, especially admiring my wife gloved and masked up. I am biased and obviously believe it is a fun and kinky way to live life. If more people enjoy it then that is great!
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

what he said ^^

can only wish more women would gloved up in general,not only because they "have to"
countrylatexglover
VIP

Would even be nice if gloves came back in general after this as a fashion trend. They all know how to make touch screen ones and once they come out with antivirus gloves I bet more people will jump on with that bandwagon. They are already making them but not out to the public yet. Btw double gloved while a type this because i can lol.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

gloves dont need to "come back"

they have been here all years long,some less,some more

just need some "mention" in commercials\outdoors\other public spots,and there u have a bunch of ppl adapting :)

like i said - i wouldnt mind a goverment "forcing" (in kind) women to be gloved everywhere,anytime due to the covid - cause theres a slim chance it would go on after :)

Return to “Glove talk forum”