Price of nitrile and latex gloves.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Price of nitrile and latex gloves.

Post by countrylatexglover »

Does anyone thing the price of medical gloves will come down soon. Getting tired of paying way more that should be for disposable gloves. I look for the ones cheapest but they mostly run 20 US dollars right now. Plus shipping.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Re: Price of nitrile and latex gloves.

Post by Jake »

I dread to check the prices. Thankfully I bought a job lot (2600) of expired gloves right before shit really hit the fan. They should see me through my needs... hey, I'm talking (mainly) about cooking and cleaning here... ;)

I think it will be very gradual. I expect now that the majority of the world has come to an agreement that gloves 'won't help' that their general public demand will go down. I would expect hand sanitisers to stay in high demand for a long time, but ultimately gloves probably appear too wasteful for some people if they're only planning on a short trip to take the bins out or check for post.

I struggle to convince people to wear household gloves for cleaning dishes or cleaning their bathrooms, and the reasons there are just obvious (bleach, heat, burning skin, gross nails), so I can't imagine many people's first reactions would be to put on disposable gloves to go outside.
shed740
Regular poster

Post by shed740 »

Once the supply chain has caught up with the demand that was generated, largely by the medical sector, the prices will come back to normal. Best one I’ve seen today was a sponsored post on my Instagram feed for a firm selling overpriced hand gel along with nitrile gloves at £5 ($6.20) for 5 pairs (50p a glove). ‘You must think my eyes are painted on’ springs to mind at that price. Plus why on earth would I want to buy a bag of gloves which someone would have to have removed from a box and bagged up without me having any knowledge of their hygiene steps taken.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Jake wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:53 pm I dread to check the prices. Thankfully I bought a job lot (2600) of expired gloves right before shit really hit the fan. They should see me through my needs... hey, I'm talking (mainly) about cooking and cleaning here... ;)

I think it will be very gradual. I expect now that the majority of the world has come to an agreement that gloves 'won't help' that their general public demand will go down. I would expect hand sanitisers to stay in high demand for a long time, but ultimately gloves probably appear too wasteful for some people if they're only planning on a short trip to take the bins out or check for post.

I struggle to convince people to wear household gloves for cleaning dishes or cleaning their bathrooms, and the reasons there are just obvious (bleach, heat, burning skin, gross nails), so I can't imagine many people's first reactions would be to put on disposable gloves to go outside.
So funny enough I have found articles that gloves help more than masks if used properLy. They block the virus more than the masks. Found it funny to read all of this after they told the public how much they don’t help.

The mask will let it go right through and people still touch the cart and their face mask and it gets right in. As for the gloves if you don’t touch your face or phone you’ll be good and. Change them out also of course no one will do that correctly lol so they don’t help those who don’t use them correctly.

Some people are still wearing them around here not as many as before but. I have seen many other countries requiring them lol. Though that might not be true let me know if it is.
med_glove_love
Regular poster

Post by med_glove_love »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm So funny enough I have found articles that gloves help more than masks if used properLy. They block the virus more than the masks. Found it funny to read all of this after they told the public how much they don’t help.
Do you have a link to these articles?
countrylatexglover
VIP

med_glove_love wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:09 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm So funny enough I have found articles that gloves help more than masks if used properLy. They block the virus more than the masks. Found it funny to read all of this after they told the public how much they don’t help.
Do you have a link to these articles?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... perts/amp/

https://blog.inspireuplift.com/gloves-f ... rotection/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/calgaryher ... af5d5/amp/

I had about four of them. They all say the same thing hand washing is still important of course!! But they are saying gloves do help when used properly.

I still wear them a will for quite a while. Not touching any public surface without them. My opinion I don’t feel comfortable anymore without them.

We are not wearing masks properly where i am either but no one is making a stink about it. Because masks are mandatory and gloves are not. There was a shortage of both but now they have caught up in many areas. Once they took some away from people to buy but now they are more available.

Return to “Glove talk forum”