Marigold extra-life updated design

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Marigold extra-life updated design

Post by Jake »

I've not seen anybody mention this yet, but has anyone else noticed the new design for the classic yellow Marigolds? They're disappointingly thinner, less hard-wearing, seem to develop holes quicker, and are all-round less comfortable with a weaker lining. I'm not sure how long the new design has been out because I only bought some two weeks ago for the first time in a long time.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Marigold extra-life updated design

Post by Rommeltje »

:aww: Why is it always a downgrade when great gloves get redesigned? :-/
Allrubbery
Occasional poster

Post by Allrubbery »

Do you know what I think you’re right, the pairs I have
worn recently, the large , have been unusually tight on my hands and somewhat uncomfortable.
hotgloveuser123

Post by hotgloveuser123 »

Sad, I wonder if we as a collective could petition different manufacturers to make rubber gloves the way we want. Like they dont care what they are used for. We could start a movement.
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Jake wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:34 pm I've not seen anybody mention this yet, but has anyone else noticed the new design for the classic yellow Marigolds? They're disappointingly thinner, less hard-wearing, seem to develop holes quicker, and are all-round less comfortable with a weaker lining. I'm not sure how long the new design has been out because I only bought some two weeks ago for the first time in a long time.

It's been that way since Freudenberg (The parent company of Vileda and Ansell) took over the Marigold brand a couple of years ago ...

I'm sure I've mentioned it elsewhere on the forum, but if you look at reviews of Marigolds on various supermarket sites or online sellers like Amazon in the last few years, there are an awful lot of unhappy ladies out there ...

It seems they've also buggered about with the sizing, according a fair number of the reviews I've read ...

Return to “Glove talk forum”