The Damage of Glove Fetish Comments on Youtube Content Creators

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Re: The Damage of Glove Fetish Comments on Youtube Content Creators

Post by Jake »

I actually sent an email to Tip Tap ASMR directly a few days before this thread was created to apologise on behalf of the community, in response to the video posted above. As we represent a large proportion of the glove fetishists of the world, I was more than glad that she had decided to speak out about it. There is absolutely no place for these comments when they're unsolicited and on a public, 'family-friendly' platform. To quote part of her emailed response to me:
Tip Tap ASMR wrote:"I have only ever been frustrated at the individuals who chose to comment explicit things on my videos and who sexualized content that was created for relaxation. Unfortunately a few rotten apples can always ruin things and bring a negative connotation to an entire community, even when the other members are very peaceful."
So, to all reading: Please don't be the rotten apples.

ASMR in particular is targeted now because it may seem less odd to request X when the videos themselves can appear at first glance to be a bit eccentric (imagine someone playing with sand, tapping on an empty drink can, and whispering "woosh" in your ears for an hour).

I've seen this behaviour for over a decade and it's seemingly got worse now that ASMR no longer exists for a small, localised community. Innocent content creators (particularly females) are being inundated with requests to do all sorts of videos. That's not a problem until people request specifics (especially when publicly visible in video comments for example) which are quite clearly for sexual benefit rather than the intended purpose.

Taking a quick look through some comments of popular videos, I can see stuff like this:

"Sexy. Please do one with yellow cleaning gloves."

"Please touch me with gloves😍"

"Hi there please please can you do a live stream with your pink rubber gloves 🧤 on your hands and your ugg boots on your feet ok please can you do it"

It goes without saying how inappropriate these comments are for the platform they're posted on. One channel has had to disable comments because the content creator is a minor who makes these videos for fun and her father - who moderates the channel - saw how inundated she was with disturbingly sexual requests and decided enough was enough. The people who post this filth don't have a second thought for the receiver. It's just rude and sad.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Still, some WWGFA forum members don't seem to understand...

Monk
VIP

Post by Monk »

katertjekat wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:33 pm Still, some WWGFA forum members don't seem to understand...

So what’s your problem with my post? There are plenty of girls who are happy to make custom videos, and some (adult stars and asmr-tists) will do more risqué or adult material.

It’s their choice and I’ve never once been rude to anyone, a lot of people make their living, or supplement their income by making videos and they are thrilled to have the business. I merely asked for people’s experiences so we could all know who offers what and who doesn’t, you’d think that would be a good thing, so that those who don’t wish to offer custom videos, or adult videos could be identified and left alone.

I have never left a sexualized comment on YouTube - ever. And a lot of the asmr tists have happily made rubber glove videos after I requested them, politely and respectfully.

There’s a huge difference between asking a fetishy question to members on a fetish forum, and making a fetishy comment on YouTube. You’d have thought only a moron wouldn’t understand that, so hopefully you can see the difference...

But thanks for your patronizing comment, why don’t we agree - you leave me alone and I’ll afford you the same courtesy and avoid you.

Ps you’ve been a member for 10 years....and got a 100 likes..😅😂😂😂
seems like most people avoid you, so I’ve given you one, just to help....👍
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

I rest my case...
soier

Post by soier »

hmmmmm I still do not grasp the usefulness of this discussion.
we look like a group of vegans blaming each other on who ate the most salad.
JaneyE
WWGFA Orderly

Post by JaneyE »

BlueFatCat123 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:29 am

In the above video a youtuber talks about the pressure and experience they've had when uploading glove related videos on the youtube platform.

It makes me feel sad to be honest. A youtuber makes videos and people love it, but some people take it too far. Some people post explicit comments, others ask for glove videos constantly or harass via emails. As much as I love glove videos, I've never felt the need to pressure content creators into it. It's just a shame to be honest. Instead of encouraging them, they end up destroying any further chance of getting future glove videos.

It's almost as if a lot of the glove fetish community on youtube are so desperate to have their glove needs met they end up scaring away content creators instead of encouraging them. It seems they never quite learn from their mistakes either. I've seen multiple content creators quit glove videos and some quit youtube all together due to this fetish fueled harassment.
Oh, boo hoo! Poor ASMR creators, treated like common whores! These people upload the most senseless content possible (except maybe for gaming channels), and they know it. They are making money just because of their pretty faces, not contributing a bit of value. They should at least be open to requests from the people consuming their shit product; as long as those requests are voiced politely and respectfully, obviously.

Other youtubers are making tons of effort, putting in dozens of hours to create a 10-minute video: travelling, creating amazing audiovisuals and art to teach about music theory, science, politics... Meanwhile, a bunch of pretty faces put on a bit of make-up and whisper into a microphone for an hour and think they are contributing anything. And then they get annoyed because someone tells them to wear gloves? Why not just upload a photo and a bank account and write a text: "I'm hot. Gimme money!"?
devdas5z1

Post by devdas5z1 »

JaneE, your attitude helps make sites like Youtube unpleasant. No one deserves to be treated poorly. Just because you don't get or appreciate ASMR, that doesn't justify calling them derogatory names. As someone who deals with chronic insomnia, I can personally attest that ASMRtists have greatly improved my life.

Your whole rant seems to be based on the idea that free content should meet your demanding standards, and anyone posting on Youtube should expect and accept being treated poorly because they had the audacity to post videos that help people relax.
fowat
Occasional poster

Post by fowat »

I agree with JaneyE

I'm not saying it is okay in any way to comment such things -

but it has to be said. Her channel got no views, she noticed people asking for those videos and started making them, because of the comments and interaction. Now she doesn't need no more views and she is almost mad she got the comments that made her start in the first place.

Seems a bit mindless. Besides, this is the internet. Suppose people ask you to make certain videos and you do make them. I suppose anyone can guess why people ask for those things (any things for that matter). You'd have to be retarded not to know. So it really seems silly to oblige at first (and making the videos because she was asked and needed views) and now being disgusted at being asked.
soier

Post by soier »

JaneyE wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:40 pm
BlueFatCat123 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:29 am

In the above video a youtuber talks about the pressure and experience they've had when uploading glove related videos on the youtube platform.

It makes me feel sad to be honest. A youtuber makes videos and people love it, but some people take it too far. Some people post explicit comments, others ask for glove videos constantly or harass via emails. As much as I love glove videos, I've never felt the need to pressure content creators into it. It's just a shame to be honest. Instead of encouraging them, they end up destroying any further chance of getting future glove videos.

It's almost as if a lot of the glove fetish community on youtube are so desperate to have their glove needs met they end up scaring away content creators instead of encouraging them. It seems they never quite learn from their mistakes either. I've seen multiple content creators quit glove videos and some quit youtube all together due to this fetish fueled harassment.
Oh, boo hoo! Poor ASMR creators, treated like common whores! These people upload the most senseless content possible (except maybe for gaming channels), and they know it. They are making money just because of their pretty faces, not contributing a bit of value. They should at least be open to requests from the people consuming their shit product; as long as those requests are voiced politely and respectfully, obviously.

Other youtubers are making tons of effort, putting in dozens of hours to create a 10-minute video: travelling, creating amazing audiovisuals and art to teach about music theory, science, politics... Meanwhile, a bunch of pretty faces put on a bit of make-up and whisper into a microphone for an hour and think they are contributing anything. And then they get annoyed because someone tells them to wear gloves? Why not just upload a photo and a bank account and write a text: "I'm hot. Gimme money!"?

:up: :up: :up: :up:
3clipse
Regular poster

Post by 3clipse »

I am actually curious about the whole situation regarding ASMRtists and gloves. On one hand I kind of understand the feeling that JaneyE has regarding someone who looks good and knows it creating these videos and getting [a bunch of] money for it. Not as much lately but I have seen people in the past with the tech to create something good who were just...really bad at ASMR even if they are considerably good looking. I also understand some of the frustration with "actual" content, like say a history channel for example since a lot of those people just want to provide a context for something and then get drowned out by people doing tiktok like videos.

But I have also seen a whooole lot of weirdness comment-wise on channels of people who I follow and like. I want to give the benefit of the doubt to people on this forum knowing better since, to a lot of the general populace, ASMR already kind of is seen as a "weird sexual thing" even if it does help people like me fall asleep sometimes. I also know that creating some of the more in depth ASMR videos can be a huge time/money/creativity commitment too so I'm not trying to downplay that at all.

Anyway...

Three examples of ASMRtists reactions to this glove situation I have noticed are

1) https://www.youtube.com/c/ElegantJellyfish/videos
Of the 22 videos before her fabled fetish gloves one, 10 of them had surgical gloves in them. After that it got a bit more sporadic and I did notice that she had exposed some of the lewd-er(?) comments that she had gotten on other social media kind of as a warning. She did seem to take a break from using them but near the end of her time on yt (she hasn't posted in about 4 months) she brought them back twice more (not including nitrile gloves) before starting an Onlyfans for that kind of stuff since Patreon was too prudish. She hasn't posted much on there either though with it having been started earlier this year and only having 2 videos compared to a bunch of photos. This is what seems to be the retreat (too strong a word?) scenario from the OP.
2) https://www.youtube.com/c/GingerASMR/videos
Probably the most recognizable of the group, I remember that she started as someone who basically only did glove content to my memory (and then subsequently deleted a bunch of the original videos) and since about a year ago has fairly irregularly done glove content. If what soier said was true about her video prices (I don't have an Onlyfans account and can't check specifics) being almost absurdly high, then she saw a market, capitalized on it and now doesn't have to do glove videos to get views because she knows she can charge whatever the hell she wants for someone to pay to request unless you are in her monthly consumer-base. This locks out most people from requesting things... like gloves maybe and is why very little of her premium content has any to speak of. This is the end/late stage capitalism scenario. She's not Gibi ASMR subscriber base famous (another person who to my knowledge has done very little glove content lately) but as far as I know Gibi also doesn't do/doesn't have to do Onlyfans like stuff either to supplement her income.
3) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjuQn ... S2rzuKwNSw (Adorable ASMR)
Not so much an end here but, she has shown up a few times on this forum as of late (and I'm glad bc I think in addition to being very pretty she does good work) and of her video library 2/3rds of her content is glove related. Why? Because her non-glove videos (kind of unfortunately) have next to no views. I say kind of because her glove content is really good and I want to keep seeing it but it always does kind of suck to myself have the fear that someone may potentially feel pigeonholed and then stop for any number of the reasons above. From her videos it doesn't look like she feels like that but I'm not her so who knows. Maybe it's just for the hustle, or maybe she just likes it? I feel kind of selfish thinking like this since it's not really a paid anything that is owed to be to anything but if a request can be thrown out politely and not spammed over and over (which may be the main problem) then I don't see the harm.
***To be fair there's a comment on one of the more recent videos asking for some of the gloves she used to be mailed to a person's full address, which to me kind of constitutes flying off of the edge of weird the beginning of this thread was talking about. At least to me it does.

I haven't seen a creator have to remind someone posting that they're a human with feelings but again maybe that's just being kept to the DM's. I wrote too much and I'm really tired so I hope this made sense.

***Edit: To clarify, I'm not trying to throw hate at any party here.

Return to “Glove talk forum”