O-Cedar selling Vileda gloves as Playtex in US?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

O-Cedar selling Vileda gloves as Playtex in US?

Post by Rommeltje »

I've just found out Playtex was taken over in 2017 by "global market leader in consumer household gloves" (according to themselves) Freudenberg, parent company of O-Cedar.

Apparently, Freudenberg also owns Vileda and Marigold (among some other, lesser known brands) - so I can see how they're the global market leader now, actually.

O-Cedar boasts three different pairs of Playtex gloves on their site: next to the well-known Living Gloves, and (apparently newly styled) Handsavers, there's the Fresh Comfort gloves, which appear to be a rebranding of Vileda's Fresh Comfort gloves. Has anybody in the US ever seen these in stores?

Perhaps this means other Vileda gloves will now come to America as well. :8up:
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Re: O-Cedar selling Vileda gloves as Playtex in US?

Post by italiglover »

I recently picked up a grey colored pair of Playtex Living seem improved a little bit over the original new style. I had the pair of Fresh Comfort and you know what, I think you might be right. I imported a pair of Vileda's not too long ago as well. They might be the same! I don't have anything in front of me to compare though. Sorry.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

It makes sense, since Playtex and Vileda are now apparently owned by the same company.

I like that Freudenberg seems to place a lot of value in household gloves. Hopefully this means we'll get to see some new high quality gloves in the near future. :-)

In what ways did you think the Living gloves were improved?
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Oh, I hope they will bring the new "Playtex" gloves into Canada, although I was not a fan of their long cuff Living gloves! Their old 2-tone Living gloves were gorgeous though.
passer123
Regular poster

Post by passer123 »

I bought the Ocedars a couple of months back when I first saw them. I was exited thinking it was new glove brand but it was just a rebrand of playtex living gloves. It comes two pair to a pack one yellow one blue. The yellow are exactly like how playtex has been making them but the blue pair is slightly different, more rubbery compared to the yellow.
hotgloveuser123

Post by hotgloveuser123 »

Omg my wife got a small and medium medium pair of the gray living gloves too ital!! I love them wonderful color!!
gopcha
Regular poster

Post by gopcha »

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm I like that Freudenberg seems to place a lot of value in household gloves. Hopefully this means we'll get to see some new high quality gloves in the near future. :-)
I doubt it :hmm: , take the last Vileda designs in gloves and see they are all basically the same over the years: short cuffs, zig-zag cuffs, the medium size is a 8 size rather than 7 1/2... This video is from 1991 (posted here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31118&start=40), and the gloves are basically the same nowadays:

In my opinion they should improve a lot more their gloves in Europe, like Spontex does. Introducing the Living gloves in Europe would be awesome.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

passer123 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:51 amI was exited thinking it was new glove brand but it was just a rebrand of playtex living gloves. It comes two pair to a pack one yellow one blue.
Wait, the Living Gloves come in yellow now? The ones with the waterstop cuffs?
hotgloveuser123

Post by hotgloveuser123 »

Do they????!!
passer123
Regular poster

Post by passer123 »

No I’m sorry I meant the hand savers

Return to “Glove talk forum”