Marvel Heroines... Fingerless gloves... ugh!

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Someguy
VIP

Marvel Heroines... Fingerless gloves... ugh!

Post by Someguy »

So the other day I saw a new poster for the Black Widow movie. The movie character has gone back and forth between wearing fingerless and fingered gloves (guess which one I like better :p ) and since she was going to have a costume change this time, I was really hoping she would have fingered gloves. Well...

Yes Scarlett is once again wearing half a glove >:( and this also comes after the finale to Wandavision. When I saw the trailers for Wandavision we got a glimpse of her in her traditional Scarlet Witch costume (for a Halloween Party) and she was wearing gloves! :w00t:

And this episode did not disappoint even if it was just a one-episode deal. It turns out in the ending Wanda does get a real Scarlet Witch Uniform and... UGH! Fingerless gloves again!

I just don't get why all these heroines are wearing fingerless gloves, outside of the fact that they're trendy because people can't stand to have their fingers away from their phones for more than 5 seconds. But from a super-hero standpoint, all their comic-book counterparts wear real gloves:
Image Image

From a superhero standpoint, it makes more sense to cover their entire hands and fingers for protection. I don't think this trend is going away anytime soon but it is nonetheless frustrating for us glove fetishists.
operalove

Re: Marvel Heroines... Fingerless gloves... ugh!

Post by operalove »

Yeah it is not the first time...

I opened a topic about it when Captain Marvel was out:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=26417

I don't know why they keep ruining our childhood memories and adult fantasies :P
distantglovingalert
Regular poster

Post by distantglovingalert »

Yeah, good point made. I hate fingerless gloves, almost with a passion and it really breaks my heart to see many superhero movies go for the fingerless look. As for the relation to smartphone usage, if I can wear touchscreen leather gloves (which I do), I think my superheroes can, too.
Turn it on... Turn it on, turn it on again!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Hate fingerless gloves never understood the point of them! Wish they were never invented lol. So they let your hands breath well that’s not what gloves are for lol. Other materials do that as well.
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

Pretty sure its the cellphone thing.

Return to “Glove talk forum”