"weird" behaviour of glove fetishists - or am I overreacting?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sensualista
Occasional poster

"weird" behaviour of glove fetishists - or am I overreacting?

Post by sensualista »

I had a bit of a weird experience the other day when I was trying to sell a pair of leather gloves on a second hand platform. It reminded me a bit of the talk in this thread and made me wonder whether some people aren't aware of how weird their behaviour is? OR is it me who is weird because I felt uncomfortable in what was actually a normal situation for others? I would really value your opinions!

What happened is this: I got messages from two different potential buyers. Both of them were very polite, but both also kept asking for more and more photos of the gloves and also photos with the gloves I was selling next to other pairs of leather gloves I own "so that they could compare the sizes". This went on and on, and it felt like they were also both trying to engage me in a conversation where I was forced to use the word "gloves". And even as a glove lover myself, it made me extremely uncomfortable. I asked myself whether I was imagining things and if I would react the same way to requests like that if instead of gloves I was selling a pair of jeans, but yes, even in that context, I think it would have felt like too much. I ended up withdrawing my post from that site and sold the gloves on a different platform. So... am I overreacting? Have you had similar experiences?
katertjekat
VIP

Re: "weird" behaviour of glove fetishists - or am I overreacting?

Post by katertjekat »

No, you're not seeing ghosts, I have seen similar behavior before. There's also common characteristics with the type of people that are displaying it. Mostly (not always) it's those who haven't come to terms yet with their fetish, so didn't yet share it with their partner, and try to make their partner wear gloves under all sorts of pretexts, such as:"I want you to wear gloves, because they keep your hands soft", or even make attempts to make random people wear gloves, like restaurant waitresses for instance:"Sorry, but could you please wear gloves while taking my order, because of covid-19?!", that sort of bullshit.
Not entirely coincidentally it's also that cohort of glove fetishists that almost forces gloves upon ASMR content creators. To summarize: people that don't take no for an answer, often.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yup, what Katertjekat says. You are definitely not overreacting. Cut conversations like that short as quickly as possible.

And, this is probably an unnecessary addition, but: it's in no way your own fault. You didn't invite this behavior, it's all on them.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the fact that there's such a big overlap in people with autism and people with fetishes. A lot of them lack social skills.

(NB: I'm not saying that all fetishists are autistic, nor that all autistic people lack social skills, but there is a disproportionate amount that are and that do.)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

You were good to back away if the topic kept coming up and you were getting uncomfortable get away from it. If they we’re trying to see lots of pictures with the gloves and even you in them that’s an issue. I mean if the situation is calling for glove talk and you understand you will know and feel comfortable and not worry about it but when your gut is telling you something is wrong it’s time to get away from it. I have e done the same thing though not with gloves but other circumstances. Especially when selling things online I’m extra careful of each person I sell to.
z334
Regular poster

Post by z334 »

My take on all this is that these people find it very exciting to write to real a woman about gloves, possibly getting some pictures to look at as well. They are probably glove fetishists. The fact that you yourself is into gloves makes you immediately suspicious of it, and I think you are right.

I don't know for sure how all this made you feel, but my guess is that you feel used, for lack of better words. I've not tried this myself, but from what you describe, that is my guess. Again, I might be wrong, and this might not be how you feel. But if it is, I can understand if that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Men can have quite a strong sexual urge and it can, unfortunately, overwrite their ability to be sensitive to other peoples feelings and emotions. This, in fact, I think is the key reason why men with a fetish can feel ashamed about it and why other people might be antagonistic towards fetishists. Its this fear that the sexual drive takes over, which results in objectification or at least what seems like objectification. And people in general do not like to be objectified. We want to be treated as people and not objects. We whant to know that other people care about our feelings and needs. It makes us feel unsafe otherwise, and there's a good reason for that. I'd love to talk more about this with, but I also want to keep this post short, so I think I'll end it here for now : )
VintageLeather
Occasional poster

Post by VintageLeather »

I got the same problem in general, and I feel like I am "collateral damage" because of those freaks. When you'd meet me, you'd never even think that I am aroused or having a boner because I am leather-gloved or you wear nice leather gloves. Because I enjoy it rationally, but in a gentleman fashion. No staring, no obnoxious "from the side" nonsense.

Look, when I was asking for a person on eBay to wear the gloves she was selling, she refused pretty much in my face saying that: "She never does that" and implied I am one of those freaks just wanting pictures to get off. Her listed gloves were with a massive fur on the entry and I wanted to see when the actual glove beings and where the fur started due to the way she laid them out of for the photo. I felt super uncomfrotable because she outright implied I am getting kicks from that. Granted, I like to see gloved hands, but I divide "business" from "stimulation". Also, if you see a problem in you wearing gloves, uhm... Where do you stop? I mean, you literally cover your body up; I thought it's the other way around that could be considered sexually troublesome....

Anyways, on this forums, we also have one person that seem to be outright creepy, I gotta just say it out loud, it's this one guy with his weird profile pic and everything. I just never can detach the creepy images of some bald, fat person from the UK sweating all over feminine, leather-gloved hands.

That it can be a real attraction, like wearing an evening dress or a bikini, this is only known to a few women. Sadly. Saying "Can you show me your bracelet on your hand?" or "What a nice watch, can I take a closer look?" is a compliment, saying: "You got great gloves" suddenly is a super bad thing? Why? The lady chose those gloves i most probably for the beauty anyways in the first place... Also, a glove itself is just a part of the thing, the lady itself is necessary too for completing the magic. But then, I might be one of the few that takes a leather-gloved lady over any bikini and dolce & gabanna bling-bling status symbols.. *sigh*

I lost my argument somewhere in the post. So I conclude that women who own and wear gloves do that for a reason. For style, for comfort, for enjoyment. Becoming over the top iritated because someone else joins this fascination and claim it's fetishizing makes me wonder.

EDIT: Not in your case though, I am still refering on my case where she would not send ONE picture. Your case is just someone trying to get more and more images, and if they keep on repeating "leather" over and over, it's pretty much a stimulation in front of the PC.

To be honest, I know the drive off it. Sometimes, when I am absolutely "hot" (e.g. during winter or when I wore my own gloves for 4 hours straight in the public), I often think of creating a thread here just to get someone else involved in my thoughts, even when they are dirty. But then I realize quickly that for a "non-horny" (for the lack of better terms) person my current state of hormones might be outright offputting, so I keep myself away from leather for the next minutes and never post. Those people, I assume, can't do that, and they want to treat themselves with more and more "gloved women" pictures just like we have in a megathread here.
LeatherRebel75
Occasional poster

Post by LeatherRebel75 »

It's perfectly fine, and wonderful even, to have a fetish for such things like gloves, or leather, or latex, or other things. It is completely unacceptable to push your kinks onto others without consent. There is a problem in the kink and fetish community with a certain amount of entitled, "do-me" subs, bottoms, and fetishists, who expect to have their kinks and fetishists catered to without putting in the work to gain that consent. These people don't see glove wearers as regular people, but as fetish dispensers.
Wear your kink with pride and visit my kinky merch store
https://www.redbubble.com/people/Leathe ... shop?asc=u
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

I can testify; you are definitely not overreacting.

I had a relatable experience earlier in March when trading gloves, unfortunately. And I was too trusting of this sick waste of space and didn't back out when I knew I should have, so I didn't really do myself any favors there. It was bad enough that I've been somewhat vulnerable emotionally since the start of the year (depression has been a right cunt), and this fuckhead took full advantage of it.

Thankfully what I sent him were cheap leather gloves that were a size or two too big for me, and I wasn't partial to them, so it wasn't too big of a loss on my end. The thing that disgusted, pissed me off, and sent me over Mars, though, was that this sick bastard sent me leather gloves he had wanked in, that were cum-stained and had burst seams from forcing his fat hands into them... and he didn't tell me until AFTER he sent them to me. I honestly had never felt so violated--having my videos uploaded to PH without my consent had nothing on this. Up until several days ago I had left the package unopened. It was still unopened when I set fire to it and gave those poor gloves a sort of "Viking funeral" (as one diva I am mutuals with on Instagram said). He's a volunteer firefighter who quite evidently has no self-control when it comes to talking about his fetish with women. Twat sent photos and videos of himself wanking his little tiny BiC lighter-sized wiener and kept trying to get me to video chat with him (read: video calling me without warning). And he'd say and ask the most inappropriate things to me at random ("I bet you can't wait to masturbate with your gloves, can't ya?").

IG banned his account after I reported him for sexual harassment, but the fuckface deleted all of his DMs to me on Discord before I had a chance to really screenshot any of them.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Damn, what a creep. Sorry that happened to you, Carrie. :aww:
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

Rommeltje wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 pm Damn, what a creep. Sorry that happened to you, Carrie. :aww:
What he did was certainly not okay, but I've been feeling better about what happened. It was certainly a good learning experience; showed me just how sneaky and manipulative people can be in order to get whatever it is they're after. If they can't get nudes, then they'll figure something else out, and without any regard for the feelings of whom they're fucking over.

Had this happened 5 to 6 years earlier, I probably would have been one of the many female glovers who have unfortunately disappeared from the web because of stupid-ass cumbrain dipshits who don't know how to keep their embarrassing little BiC-dicks in their pants.

Return to “Glove talk forum”