Pros & Cons of Chlorination

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jimglove
Regular poster

Pros & Cons of Chlorination

Post by Jimglove »

Hi All

I found this really interesting article which covers the pros and cons of chlorination really well. I personally don't get on with chlorinated household gloves as I think they loose many of the features that I love about rubber gloves - particularly smell. Anyways, it's all individual, but I'd like to hear what you think.

https://laidtex.com/blogs/news/what-is- ... ated-latex

Of course with flock lined household rubber gloves, the putting on and taking off aspect is not so much of an issue, and in fact I love seeing and hearing a woman pulling on and pulling off non-chlorinated gloves - the sounds are a huge turn-on 8D
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: Pros & Cons of Chlorination

Post by tronn206 »

Right, I always wondered why some gloves, especially households, felt shiny and boring sometimes but I didn't know that was down to chlorination. I love the sticky, grippy type of rubber/latex glove which now, because of you, I know is the unchlorinated type.

Thanks for that. Interesting and informative read.
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Jimglove
Regular poster

Re: Pros & Cons of Chlorination

Post by Jimglove »

You're welcome, and it's one of those fairly technical aspects that many didn't know about. I often wondered why it was some gloves had an extremely smooth and sometimes quite hard feel. I wish manufacturers would make it clear on packaging whether gloves were chlorinated - although I can usually feel through the package. Sometimes packaging will say 'with special treatment' or something similar, which usually means chlorinated. Can be the ultimate disappointment when opening a pack of gloves ordered online!

Return to “Glove talk forum”