Does anyone know?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Does anyone know?

Post by countrylatexglover »

When did medical gloves become so popular or even a thing for safe or enjoyable for so many sex?

I have always wondered why though about either leaving their gloves on for sex or who though I want to wear these for the pleasure. We have a some threads on here about the history of gloves and the fetish. But this questions is more so asking who if it can be found was the first person to find that gloves were a safe sex barrier or an enjoyable sexual item for use. Had always wondered if it had happened by accident or someone felt the urge to wear them.

I’m figuring for other types like satin or cotton were because women and or men didn’t want to get their hands dirty. I just wonder who had the wonderful idea to start using latex gloves for the deed.
ltd7201
Regular poster

Re: Does anyone know?

Post by ltd7201 »

This probably isn't answering the question, but I would guess there was a combination of tactile exploration and protection that led people to explore using medical gloves. Although I would guess using medical gloves probably became more common as HIV/AIDS came onto the scene in the late 70's/early 80's, I'm sure the fetish has existed as long as those types of gloves have.

As a satin person myself, it was a the tactile that led me wife an I to explore and for her to do this for me. However, Satin (and cotton for that matter) is not going to offer really any protection from getting hands soiled as those materials will readily soak in whatever fluids hit them.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Does anyone know?

Post by countrylatexglover »

ltd7201 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:22 pm This probably isn't answering the question, but I would guess there was a combination of tactile exploration and protection that led people to explore using medical gloves. Although I would guess using medical gloves probably became more common as HIV/AIDS came onto the scene in the late 70's/early 80's, I'm sure the fetish has existed as long as those types of gloves have.

As a satin person myself, it was a the tactile that led me wife an I to explore and for her to do this for me. However, Satin (and cotton for that matter) is not going to offer really any protection from getting hands soiled as those materials will readily soak in whatever fluids hit them.
I wouldn’t have thought about that for the actual protection that is a good reason! I totally wonder when the fetish came to light then as well.

Return to “Glove talk forum”