If gloves weren’t meant to be worn they wouldn’t have been invented.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

If gloves weren’t meant to be worn they wouldn’t have been invented.

Post by countrylatexglover »

I know a lot of people who don’t really like wearing gloves unless they have to. Even then they still don’t like to use them. It also annoys me when some asks “why you bothering to wear gloves they just get in the way”. I laugh and say because I like to keep my hands. I have had a few times I myself haven’t worn gloves and should have them regretted it. And times I have worn gloves and was extremely thankful for them.

I still wear them out grocery shopping and for other thing and I’m glad I still do. Had to show my id at the store and the teller sneezed with a mask on yes but still and was very thankful I had gloves on took them right off after that and put a fresh pair on.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: If gloves weren’t meant to be worn they wouldn’t have been invented.

Post by Ceramic »

indeed, our world needs a massive change thinking-wise about gloves...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Agreed I hope someday gloves make a better comeback. It was amazing to see people everywhere wearing them out in public for a while just wish that never stopped. Sadly hand sanitizer took over for gloves instead also.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Tbh hand sanitiser ruins hands. Mine started cracking terribly in the winter when I was going out (it almost confined me to the indoors for the winter as I was battling the conscious feeling of wearing gloves in public vs. destroying my hands) so I would totally prefer a pair I can take off when I'm done and have taken no damage and don't have to worry about them being contaminated. It's not so bad now the UK's getting Covid under control (though my cohort for vaccines is near the last in line so I've still got to be wary over the summer...), but I do hate sanitiser.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Jake wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:27 am Tbh hand sanitiser ruins hands. Mine started cracking terribly in the winter when I was going out (it almost confined me to the indoors for the winter as I was battling the conscious feeling of wearing gloves in public vs. destroying my hands) so I would totally prefer a pair I can take off when I'm done and have taken no damage and don't have to worry about them being contaminated. It's not so bad now the UK's getting Covid under control (though my cohort for vaccines is near the last in line so I've still got to be wary over the summer...), but I do hate sanitiser.
As do I! I do use it a little bit but I mostly wear gloves. This is also something I was trying to do before the pandemic. I did it in places I would never see people I knew. Now I wear them right in front of everyone. This virus is no joke and even though I’m vaccinated... I still wear them. It has opened my eyes to a lot of other germs out there not just the good ones. There are germs we can keep getting sick from that I just don’t want anymore.

Sanitizer is terrible for your skin I can’t stand it. I know I use it a little bit but it’s so bad for your skin. Gloves properly protect from all kinds of germs. Nothing better than hand washing to get rid of it also but too much of that is no good either. I am still doing that too much so I also use gloves to keep my skin alive when I wash also. Clean hands go in and gloves come on then wash gloves if home or at family’s house. If out change gloves or sanitize them. Just how I do it. I also don’t touch anything with them till I have to.

Return to “Glove talk forum”